Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' (1151 Views)

Report: Islamophobia Is A Multimillion-dollar Industry / Antidote For Islamophobia, 'ISLAMOPHOBIN' / Pictures From Eid Ground In Yenagoa, Bayelsa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by akanke79: 10:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
Guard 'hit 9-year-old boy's head on ground'

VIDEO: Security guards at Malmö station are under fire after they were filmed apparently banging a nine-year-old boy’s head into a stone floor. They had detained him for alleged fare-dodging
In the video, published by local newspaper Sydsvenskan, a guard is seen pushing the boy onto the ground, sitting on him and holding his hands over his mouth. The boy can be heard reciting the Islamic prayer the Shahada ('There is only one God, and Muhammad is his Prophet').

“It didn’t seem like the boy was doing anything. But the guard just threw him to the floor. He [the guard] looked like he weighed 90 kilos, but he just sat on him and hit his head against the ground,” a witness told Sydsvenskan.

The guard, employed by security company Svensk Bevakningstjänst, detained the boy and his friend after they were thrown off a train for travelling without a ticket.

Watch the video of the incident (from Sydsvenskan):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuSmRbU59lM

Svensk Bevakningstjänsten’s CEO, Anders Lönnebo, admitted that the incident “didn’t look good on camera”. The guards “had been asked by the police to hold them there when they got off the train. Which is what we did.”

In Sydsvenskan’s video, only the guard and the boy are identifiable. But Lönnebo said he had seen another film of the incident in which police were also visible at the scene:

“Police reports have been made against both sides. Our guards have been kicked and bitten,” he added.

The security company is contracted by station owner Jernhusen. Cecilia Granath, spokeswoman for Jernhusen, said her company had been in contact with the security firm since the incident came to light.

“We have a zero-tolerance policy towards excessive violence,” she told The Local.

“Clearly this looks very unpleasant on video, but right now we have too little information to draw a conclusion. However, we have a very good partnership with the security company. It is carrying out an internal investigation and we will await its findings.”

http://www.thelocal.se/20150209/station-guards-accused-of-violent-assault-on-boy-9
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Empiree: 12:49am On Feb 10, 2015
speechless
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Abdulsalam20(m): 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
A day will come when islam will take over the world

1 Like

Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by vedaxcool(m): 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
This is pathetic
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by true2god: 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
This is unacceptable from the guard. However, there is need to know what really happened before the boy was 'arrested' and the reason for the brutality.

Europe is facing a tough time with muslim extermist, and are doing everything to protect their society.
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by vedaxcool(m): 12:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
true2god:
[s]This is unacceptable from the guard. However, there is need to know what really happened before the boy was 'arrested' and the reason for the brutality.

Europe is facing a tough time with muslim extermist, and are doing everything to protect their society.[/s]

Nairaland extremist Christian like you have been lying on muslims since 2006:

As Europol, the European Union’s law-enforcement agency, noted in its report released last year, the vast majority of terror attacks in Europe were perpetrated by separatist groups. For example, in 2013, there were 152 terror attacks in Europe. Only two of them were “religiously motivated,” while 84 were predicated upon ethno-nationalist or separatist beliefs. Source

Back in the United States, the percentage of terror attacks committed by Muslims is almost as miniscule as in Europe. An FBI study looking at terrorism committed on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 [ur=http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/terrorism-2002-2005/terror02_05#terror_05suml]found that 94 percent of the terror attacks were committed by non-Muslims. [/url]In actuality, 42 percent of terror attacks were carried out by Latino-related groups, followed by 24 percent perpetrated by extreme left-wing actors.

Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2015
I'm sure the boy has done something wrong.
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Empiree: 11:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
^evidence pls?
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
Empiree:
^evidence pls?

I have none. Just like the OP can't prove any islamphobia has occurred.
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Empiree: 11:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
YourMain:

I have none. Just like the OP can't prove any islamphobia has occurred.
Actually, islamophobia may be proven just by watching. I am not sure if i read article on this. I thought i did
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
Empiree:
Actually, islamophobia may be proven just by watching. I am not sure if i read article on this. I thought i did

He was on the train without a ticket. They don't seem to care that he was a Muslim. It seems to me he was assaulted for fare dodging.
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Empiree: 11:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
YourMain:

He was on the train without a ticket. They don't seem to care that he was a Muslim. It seems to me he was assaulted for fare dodging.
okay, i will take your word for you. I am personally not into making everything 'islamophobia'. I usually ignore. But even considering your point, i am sure police know better that kids do that all the time. Doesn't warrant this type of treatment though.
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
Empiree:
okay, i will take your word for you. I am personally not into making everything 'islamophobia'. I usually ignore. But even considering your point, i am sure police know better that kids do that all the time. Doesn't warrant this type of treatment though.

I understand. I absolutely detest it when people make unnecessary things racist or sexist or phobic..

I agree the assault was wrong. But it might have absolutely nothing to do with religion.
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Empiree: 11:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
YourMain:

I understand. I absolutely detest it when people make unnecessary things racist or sexist or phobic..

I agree the assault was wrong. But it might have absolutely nothing to do with religion.
You have the article on this to read?
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Empiree:
You have the article on this to read?

The OP writes the whole article.
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Empiree: 11:45pm On Mar 03, 2015
Oh, my mind wasn't there. Check it out now.
YourMain:

The OP writes the whole article.
Re: Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' by Empiree: 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
Not much evidence to suggest it religious bias. But possibility of the boy not paying for ticket is suggested. But hey, definitely, guard action uncalled for. He's only 9 for God's sake. He doesn't work yet. UNDERAGE!!!....they are usually not bothered by police where i live. Only once in a while if they jump over turnstile. But thats for adult where they are criminally charged.

Yes, I can partially rule out islamophobia. I think guard motives need examination for his excessive force. This happens where i live. At the end of investigations the officer involved confessed 'I just dont like him' suggesting hate against race or religion. I am well aware of that.

(1) (Reply)

Islam And Polygamy / Muslims Beat Sheik And His Family With Clubs For Converting To Christianity / Let's Discuss Boko Haram And Who They Really Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.