Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Ice Prince & Mi Reunite Against Critic - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ice Prince & Mi Reunite Against Critic (560 Views)

Bovi Lifts I Go Dye Up With Excitement As They Reunite At His Mums House Warming / Bbnaija: Bassey And Debie-Rise Reunite In Ibadan / I Have Accepted The Reality That Buhari Will Be President – Critic Charles Novia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ice Prince & Mi Reunite Against Critic by fridayj(m): 3:47am On Feb 10, 2015
Friday, February 6, 2015
Ice Prince, MI
A blogger got more than he bargained for on Instagram lately when he dared to make a comparison between Chocolate City's Ice Prince (real name, Panshak Zamani) and label mate, Jude Abaga ( aka MI).
The artistes, who have both won some prestigious music awards on the side, proved they were not the kind of rappers that could be easily swayed against each other by mere praise-singing.
Ice Prince was the first to respond to Igwe's review of his latest hit titled 'Trash Can' and his subtle attempt to compare the works of both artistes. Writing on Instagram, he pointedly asked the blogger to stop comparing him and MI.
Noting that he was not trying to be greater than MI, he told Igwe that a stronger bond existed between him and the rapper that was deeper than music.
Ice Prince added, "To everyone else that cares to know, I can never compete with MI. It's deeper than music. Same parents or not, MI is blood. And for the record, MI is one greatest rap musician to come out of this side. I am who I am because I was brought up by the greatest."
The response was well aimed, no doubt and MI himself was so touched by Ice Prince's humility and modesty that he could not help but fire back at the blogger.
Also on Instagram, MI wrote, " Everybody knows Noble Igwe is my friend, but Ice Prince is my brother. And I reject any entertainment culture that consistently tries to put us against each other or rate our creativity without credibility or objectivity. We'd rather tear down than build each other and I don't agree with that. Family over everything!"
The responses from the artistes may seem like a storm in a tea cup to some music lovers. All the same, others see it as a demonstration of the team spirit that exists among artistes on their records label.
Re: Ice Prince & Mi Reunite Against Critic by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 10, 2015
ok
Re: Ice Prince & Mi Reunite Against Critic by Extom(m): 6:23am On Feb 10, 2015
Noble nor even get one sense. Is Ice Prince a rapper? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Surprises Twitter Fans With Goods Worth N485K / Commot For Road Okocha! Obasanjo Naim Be Di New Maradona / Photos Kim Kardashian Reveals Ash Hairs In Paris Salon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.