Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building (36908 Views)

Newborn Baby Wrapped With Blanket Dumped In An Uncompleted Building In Edo(pics) / Gunmen Shot APC Chieftain Dead In Lagos / Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by dre11(m): 6:28am On Feb 10, 2015
Some yet-to-be identified gunmen have killed a 38-year-old tailor, Oluwasegun Adegbenjo, in Oke-Abiaye, in the Alagbado area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Adegbenjo was shot dead in an uncompleted building where he had gone purportedly to meet someone.

Our correspondent gathered from a source that the killers did not steal anything from the deceased. His jeep, which he drove by himself to the site, was also left untouched at the scene of the murder.

The incident happened on January 28, around 11pm.

The source said, “Adegbenjo is a popular tailor who had a shop in the Ikotun area of Lagos. He was also into fashion designing. He lived with his family in Iju-Ota, Ogun State.

“On the fateful day, which was January 28, around 11pm, he had closed from shop and driven down to Oke-Abiaye in Alagbado. The place is a deserted area and people don’t live there. But you could find some uncompleted buildings around.

“He parked his jeep and came out before he was shot dead by some unknown persons. There was no stain of blood in his car and nothing was stolen.”

A police source told PUNCH Metro that Olagbenjo, who was married with kids, was found in the site after his family declared him missing.

He said the police had yet to establish any motive in the murder, but might be working on the theory that he was killed by some business partners.

He said, “The family started searching for him when he could not be found and he was not picking his telephone. That was how they found him there. His wife could not bear the shock of the tragedy and had since been hospitalised.

“The police are still on the case and hopefully, his telephone, which was not taken away, could provide useful hints on what happened to him.

“But we are working on a theory that he went into a business deal with someone who then decided to kill him. He must have been into a deal, which is still under investigation.”

Our correspondent learnt that the matter was reported at the Alagbado Police Division.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, said, “Yes, it happened. The man was killed and no suspect has been arrested yet.

“The case, as we speak, has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/gunmen-kill-lagos-tailor-in-uncompleted-building/

1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by buygala(m): 6:36am On Feb 10, 2015
RIP to him

I don't know what he did sha.... with all the atrocities being perpetrated these days, Karma visits very speedily, and peeps just wind up messily dead embarassed

Anyway may his killers meet their own Waterloo. ..Blood isn't pure water that can be spilled without consequences undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by jerryboiii(m): 6:36am On Feb 10, 2015
in one word #pathetic
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Redoil: 6:56am On Feb 10, 2015
Killing! killing!! killing!!!
Why must people kill each other over nothing?
Well i hope it is not the evil than men do that is living with them?
May the killers be found speedily.
Tundeajani i am waiting for you at the juncture
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by jacabi(m): 6:58am On Feb 10, 2015
Some people are wicked.
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by dechandel(f): 12:11pm On Feb 10, 2015
Untold cases of assasinations!!

R.i.p to the dead!
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Islie: 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
He said, “The family started searching for him when he could not be found and he was not picking his telephone. That was how they found him there. His wife could not bear the shock of the tragedy and had since been hospitalised.

Now the wife is about to run insane because she lost her husband....... How I wish this culprit could understand that killing a man isn't gonna affect him alone but alot of those that did depend on him for survival

Cc:lalasticlala pls can you do the needful here.... Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by dre11(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2015
Islie:

Now the wife is about to run insane because she lost her husband....... How I wish this culprit could understand that killing a man isn't gonna affect him alone but alot of those that did depend on him for survival

Cc:lalasticlala pls can you do the needful here.... Thanks

I wish they know

A young mans life was just lost like that cry
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Optional2(f): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Tenim47(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2015
Lagos
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 11, 2015
What a wicked world we live in
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by terry026(m): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2015
RIP man... Wicked world with wicked people and rubbish insights

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by kunlesehan(m): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2015
Hmmmmm...evil men/women, they finished him in an unfinished building.
May their days be cold and short as well.
amin

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by free2ryhme: 9:08am On Feb 11, 2015
angry angry

Our criminals in government would not encourage the Police to have ultra modern forensic facilities of the 21st century, because it is like digging their own graves.
It is only in Nigeria you hear this kind of crimes going unsolved .Unless when it happens to one of their family members,then the big wigs bark at the Police. May God rest the soul of the dead.

We have the most archaic police in Nigeria. Let me tell you what the policemen are saying about this victim in their station: "don't mind him, after they have done their stupid magomago business and they are shot dead they will be calling the police".

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Youngandactive: 9:08am On Feb 11, 2015
shun violence
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by iiichidodo: 9:09am On Feb 11, 2015
Check his phone call logs and barb the last contact or those that have been consistent in the past two weeks..conduct a lie detector test on them including the wife.Any test failure should be threatened with extreme chinese water torture treatment...somebody must breakdown..

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by ellechrystal(f): 9:09am On Feb 11, 2015
Christ
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Osyxcel(m): 9:11am On Feb 11, 2015
The heart of man is desperately wicked.. angry
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by pekeyim: 9:12am On Feb 11, 2015
Tragic RIP
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by J3da: 9:12am On Feb 11, 2015
May God not let evil befall us... we all need to be very careful this period, avoid late nights and if you must, don't be alone in a quiet place at NIGHT!
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Meti99(m): 9:12am On Feb 11, 2015
Only God knows the hidden secrets of men.

Before i seal my lips, let me say
RIP to the dead.
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by khalebzy(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2015
Some will strt shouuting nau dat GEJ is the cause
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Haryorqunley(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2015
RIP
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Ibyno(m): 9:16am On Feb 11, 2015
By 11pm, wating him dey find for uncompy, two thing is involve, either him go there to smoke igbo, or him na partially Armrobber too .
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by samplegirl(f): 9:16am On Feb 11, 2015
With all due respect that guy is into other things more than what he claims. He left his shop to meet someone in an uncompleted building in a lonely place. Please let someone give me a break.

Some folks are into all manner of things to MEET UP. What manner of a GENTLEMAN goes to see someone in an uncompleted building by that odd hour.

A case of loot sharing went sour!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by endymetrix(m): 9:19am On Feb 11, 2015
A TAILOR that owns a JEEP. He must be a big tailor o! May His Soul RIP Amen. I still wonder how people feel taking someone else's life away!
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by endymetrix(m): 9:21am On Feb 11, 2015
samplegirl:
With all due respect that guy is into other things more than what he claims. He left his shop to meet someone in an uncompleted building in a lonely place. Please let someone give me a break.

Some folks are into all manner of things to MEET UP. What manner of a GENTLEMAN goes to see someone in an uncompleted building by that odd hour.

You humanly making sense. But don't JUDGE!

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by naijainfogalery: 9:24am On Feb 11, 2015
Well since no one knew what happened, RIP
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by mcdokwe(m): 9:26am On Feb 11, 2015
Why don't we put it this way instead of alleging complicity?

He got pressed on his way home and unsuspectingly stopped to do his business there but happens to meet some criminals who thought they were being trailed by him and ended his life and swiftly lef the scene to avoid being caught without taking anything from him.

But like stated in the article, the phone would tell if he arranged to meet anyone there or not.

RIP to him and comfort to the bereaved.
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building by Meiji(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2015
samplegirl:

So what's your point? That he deserved to die?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Beheaded In Edo State, Body Parts Including Joystick Removed. Graphic Photos / Prostitute Bites Customer's joystick In Asaba For Refusing To Pay After Sex / Nigerian Man, Michael Adegbite Stabbed To Death In The UK Over A Laptop (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.