Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" (19401 Views)

18 Photos Graduates And Undergraduates Can Relate To / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday / Neco Gce Nov/dec 2014 Released Check And Share Your Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Akosbaba(m): 9:05am On Feb 11, 2015
Currently experiencing something like this with one department that doesn't keep records well
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Babaneh(m): 9:05am On Feb 11, 2015
You should have left it like that so that tell people that u graduated with strong 2.2. According to a lecturer back then grin
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by veraiyke(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2015
Nice one der. Nw writing my project I know wat I shud b lvn wit so anytin short of dat calls for question as I ve all my grades intact n evn some of d result sheets since we were stopped frm possessing results sheet frm my second year
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Emlina(f): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2015
I'm sure d wise has taken note of this. Nl still being Nl, is sure 2 mk gd posts look stupid. Congrats OP. 3.55 no b beans. Sm ladies Sleep wit old smelling men jst 2 get it. Go n enjoy.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Bertogreg(m): 9:11am On Feb 11, 2015
That's why you shouldn't be in the border region
If you wanna get an upper class, strive for 4point and above. Am happy for you anyway
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Euckybaby(f): 9:13am On Feb 11, 2015
s@op wat happens to computer less people
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by freegaza(m): 9:20am On Feb 11, 2015
Mine is 3.85 but they placed 3.64 should I apply for remarking or just let it go?
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by ubong560(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2015
obiak4:
Had mine too could not even eat was restless 3.99 instead of 3.53 it took the oga at d top before i could get to 4:00
years ago what have i done with the result self?nothing dump it somewhere for the gods

Dump the result?
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Sunymoore(m): 9:33am On Feb 11, 2015
Mine is a special case.
0.9Points was reduced from my GP by the introduction of a course I didn't register as carry over.. Despite the reduction I still graduated with 3.63 and as departmental president. Chemistry for the records
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by seedsower(m): 9:35am On Feb 11, 2015
And also in case you want to contest for presidential election (especially under the umbrella broom of APC)
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by saintneo(m): 9:36am On Feb 11, 2015
Ezegozie:
I will like to use this opportunity to share with you (especially the undergraduates), what I passed through last three weeks when I came for my clearance, and I hope you all will learn from it and form the habit of keeping record of your results.

Problem started when I came to my school for my B.sc clearance like others, and I found out that my department recorded 3.48 as my FCGPA.

Immediately, I became dead in shock, because I had calculated my GP myself even before coming for my clearance and I got 3.55.

Immediately, I suspended my clearance and typed my whole result starting from first year to final year with my Laptop, calculated it, printed it into two copies and submitted one to HOD (with letter of GP re-calculation) and another one to another Prof. Who happens to come from my village.

It was really a great battle. I was insulted, and was even told to leave office repeatedly.
But through the grace of God and the help of that Prof from my village, my result was reviewed, and it was discovered that the person that computed my GP made a grave mistake and recorded 129points for me in my final year instead of 139points which brought me to 2nd class lower.

Glory be to God that the error was detected and corrected and my deserved GP (3.55) was given to me.
Had it been that I didn't keep record of all my results, there wouldn't have been any strong evidence to back-up my case.
And the department is not ready to show you any result, I still wonder why .

So undergraduates, I advise you to keep record of your results incase of any error in GP computation, and also make friends with lecturers, so that if you have any problem, somebody will be there to speak for you.

Victory!
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by desy24444(m): 9:44am On Feb 11, 2015
Broda congrats,am happi 4 u.pls I will lik u 2 guide me on how 2 calculate CGP wit computer.u can get me on my email desyventuresnigerialimited@hotmail.com or u can still post it here so other pple can benefit. congrat again bro
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Tmex(m): 9:45am On Feb 11, 2015
na the final year results dem dey take ruin person , since they wouldn't release it until you finally see it on your transcript
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Tonylyte(m): 9:49am On Feb 11, 2015
desy24444:
Broda congrats,am happi 4 u.pls I will lik u 2 guide me on how 2 calculate CGP wit computer.u can get me on my email desyventuresnigerialimited@hotmail.com or u can still post it here so other pple can benefit. congrat again bro
Thank you for this question.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by people3: 10:20am On Feb 11, 2015
I had similar experience 2 when my level cord. Wrongly calculated my final CGPA cos I will be going to sevice come may ..... Well all tank to God he recalculated and I had 3.68 2.1 in elect.engr
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by mdokaba1(m): 10:22am On Feb 11, 2015
@ OP. Bros pls enlighten us on how to calculate this GP tin coz I don try tire. Anyways am currently on 3.88 but don't knwo if it was well calculated or not.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 11, 2015
Ezegozie:
I will like to use this opportunity to share with you (especially the undergraduates), what I passed through last three weeks when I came for my clearance, and I hope you all will learn from it and form the habit of keeping record of your results.

Problem started when I came to my school for my B.sc clearance like others, and I found out that my department recorded 3.48 as my FCGPA.

Immediately, I became dead in shock, because I had calculated my GP myself even before coming for my clearance and I got 3.55.

Immediately, I suspended my clearance and typed my whole result starting from first year to final year with my Laptop, calculated it, printed it into two copies and submitted one to HOD (with letter of GP re-calculation) and another one to another Prof. Who happens to come from my village.

It was really a great battle. I was insulted, and was even told to leave office repeatedly.
But through the grace of God and the help of that Prof from my village, my result was reviewed, and it was discovered that the person that computed my GP made a grave mistake and recorded 129points for me in my final year instead of 139points which brought me to 2nd class lower.

Glory be to God that the error was detected and corrected and my deserved GP (3.55) was given to me.
Had it been that I didn't keep record of all my results, there wouldn't have been any strong evidence to back-up my case.

So undergraduates, I advise you to keep record of your results incase of any error in GP computation, and also make friends with lecturers, so that if you have any problem, somebody will be there to speak for you.

Which school did you graduate from? Which school still calculates GPs manually?
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 11, 2015
I calculated mine and it was 3.5 on the dot, what are my chances of hitting 2.1.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by johnbimbo12(m): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2015
cowleg:
I calculated mine and it was 3.5 on the dot, what are my chances of hitting 2.1.
you are already on 2:1. Second class upper division is between 3.50 and 4.49.
just don't drop to 3.49. A lot of people live with regret on graduating with 3.49.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by vonn(f): 10:52am On Feb 11, 2015
MrPresident1:
why did you finish with a meagre 3.55?
Oga, what did you graduate with?...
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 11, 2015
MTN 1gig plan for 1200.

Contact - 07062027524. Sms/ whatsapp only.

Don't allow ur smartphone nd laptops to
Smarter than you.

Am an sme data share merchant. Am a risk taker,I will take the risk of sending ur desired data while u send me a 1200 airtime on confirmtion.
D truth is this, non of the people u see advertising 1gig for 1k sells at that price. D story u get is d promo has just ended nd even if u get it, it comes with less than 28days validity after hours of wait.

Everyday I resolve issues involving some sme data sellers nd their customers.

I operate just like mtn extra time service were u borrow nd payback.

Put me to any test even if u eventually dont av in mind of buying, u will be very convinced of my honesty.

Its risky for me but let me take the risk.

Check my signature.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by jauntty: 11:05am On Feb 11, 2015
Happy for you OP...Congrats. I don't even know the G.P I graduated. I just passed all the 105 courses I study in school. We don't do C.G.P......... P.S : Don't try this in school.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 11, 2015
Smart chap. My sis' best friend is having a similar issue. I'll suggest ur line of action to her.

Thanks boo.

#Dont mind me oh. lol. It's been a while I came across a succinct but helpful comment from the young men here, so I find ur post very refreshing.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by solarview(m): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2015
adezjamz:
in some sch like OAU, this should not be a problem as CGPA calculation is computer based.

The mistake normally happen when inputting the figures. Remember ...garbage input... garbage output.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Henrolla(m): 11:27am On Feb 11, 2015
Ezegozie:

So undergraduates, I advise you to keep record of your results incase of any error in GP computation, and also make friends with lecturers, so
if you have any problem, somebody will be there to speak for you.

nice one OP. which school?
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by scobaba: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2015
keep records sha.

but try what we call 'comfortable 2.1' (3.8 to 4.4) if first class is out of your reach.

All these govt no computer schools exam dept workers have caused pains to thousands of graduating students.
weda na finger dem dey take calculate result i no come know.

I left with 3.7 calculating 3.9 for my self...imagine say na 3.6 i calculate for myself...i for come see 3.4 for dem own records.

na 2.2 be dat n popsy and barrister eze wey train me for Keeee mi grin

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 11, 2015
elantraceey:
Thank you.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by TheMatrix3: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2015
I didn't only keep my records, I actually crammed the exact scores of all my courses from first year. I can even tell you what I scored in GS in my first year almost a decade ago!... Its actually mental laziness not to keep records of your scores
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Shinelle(f): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
O.P I thank God with you.....
Just that I realize that its only sound students who make an effort to record grades , reason being its easier to record As Bs Cs , cos once carryovers come in, wahala dey...u may need excel for that...
The real advice should be to undergrads.. pls study hard, make good grades (which makes it easier to befriend good lecturers anyway), pleaseeeee avoid bother line grades eg 4.51, 3.52 etc it sets you on edge cos you can easily be "dropped".....again, record ur grades... Pray hard not to have a miscalculated result too, if it comes though deal with it physically and prayerfully...
Ok bye

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects / Monica Osagie: I Can’t Get Justice From ICPC; They Think I’m Psychotic / Centre For Corruption Studies, University Of Abuja Billboard (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.