Stats: 3,165,925 members, 7,863,265 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:05 PM

APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo (864 Views)

16 Tokunboh Cars Available For Grab Now, Best Deals On Nl!! / SOLD! Direct Tokunboh 05 Lexus Rx330(american Spec) For Sale / SOLD Tokunboh Ford Focus Wagon For Sale, Auto & A/C...650k (2) (3) (4)

APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by fadedayo: 6:50am On Feb 12, 2015
Vice-Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has assured Nigerians that if elected, the Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari-led government will slash tariffs on imported vehicles.

Osinbajo also said that the APC government would tackle the electricity problem confronting the people by decentralising power generation across the country.

At a town hall meeting of political stakeholders in Ondo on Tuesday, Osinbajo said Buhari would not Islamise Nigeria, contrary to the campaign smear of the Peoples Democratic Party.

He said, “We do not agree that there should be high tariffs on imported cars, whether new or old ones, because Nigeria is not producing cars for now.

“What we will do first is to fix power and encourage local production of cars. But before then we will reduce the high tariffs that Nigerians are paying to import vehicles into the country.”

He said that Nigerians should not find it difficult to purchase cars for their social and economic activities and that the APC government would ensure lower tariffs when voted into power.

On power, the vice presidential candidate said the problem of power in Nigeria was traceable to the lack of supply of gas to the power plants.

He promised that module power plants would be situated in neighbourhoods where power is needed while gas would be supplied to the plants, using trucks and other means besides pipelines.

He said the model had already been put to use in Lagos State where such plants supply power to designated neighbourhoods.

Osinbajo also debunked fears that the APC government would ban commercial motorcycles across the country, saying commercial motorcycles would be allowed provided riders obey laws and keep the rules in the states where they operate.

http://www.punchng.com/news/apcll-cut-tariffs-on-tokunboh-cars-osinbajo/
Re: APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by slap1(m): 6:53am On Feb 12, 2015
It's a pity you won't get the opportunity to do that.
#MatchBuhari

Re: APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by fr3do(m): 7:00am On Feb 12, 2015
Nigeria does not produce cars?

What is innoson doing at Nnewi then?

These people do not have foresight, instead of encouraging the local car manufacturing industry so as to provide the same jobs they have been screaming about they are promising to reduce tariff on imported cars.

Re: APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by olas24u(f): 7:01am On Feb 12, 2015
slap1:
It's a pity you won't get the opportunity to do that.
#MatchBuhari

Re: APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 12, 2015
“We do not agree that there should
be high tariffs on imported cars, whether
new or old ones, because Nigeria is not
producing cars for now. “What we will do first is to fix power and
encourage local production of cars.
Lies detected. APC twisting truth since 1914. It is common knowledge that we now have made in naija cars. Reducing/Removing the tarrif will not be in the best interest of Nigerians and the economy

Re: APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by fadedayo: 7:05am On Feb 12, 2015
I believe Innoson actually assembles. I think what he is saying here is that the tariff be reduced until the proper frame work for the manufacturing of these cars are on ground and also affordability by the common man.

There was no reason to increase the tariff by this much to start with.

Re: APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by dhardline(m): 7:07am On Feb 12, 2015
For the fact he even thought of that makes him unintelligent.with the rate the dollar is dropping he should know that encouraging homemade finished goods is one of the way out or does he want those who are already happily employed in the already establised factories to be out of jobs?Thought they said they will create employment,well this will only destroy the already created ones.

Re: APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by fadedayo: 7:08am On Feb 12, 2015
masterchi:
Lies detected. APC twisting truth since 1914. It is common knowledge that we now have made in naija cars. Reducing/Removing the tarrif will not be in the best interest of Nigerians and the economy

How many of our leaders drive these made in Nigeria cars. Why are they not in their convoys. The idea is novel but I'm not sure the motive is right.
Re: APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 12, 2015
fadedayo:

How many of our leaders drive these made in Nigeria cars. Why are they not in their convoys. The idea is novel but I'm not sure the motive is right.
I dnt knw. Whatever car a man drives is not my business. Do you knw innoson will soon start exporting made in naija cars.

Re: APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by Faibuhari: 7:30am On Feb 12, 2015
How do you want to provide employment when you are destroying the manufacturing industries with importation. A cusory look at USA Car industry will show that they are one of the biggest employer of labour through either direct or indirect means.

Re: APC Will Cut Tariffs On Tokunboh Cars – Osinbajo by Faibuhari: 7:34am On Feb 12, 2015
fadedayo:
I believe Innoson actually assembles. I think what he is saying here is that the tariff be reduced until the proper frame work for the manufacturing of these cars are on ground and also affordability by the common man.

There was no reason to increase the tariff by this much to start with.
If Innonson assembles or manufacture, it still employs a lot of Nigerian and as many as 30, 000 of their cars are on the road, there are other automotive industries who are also producing cars and other auto companies who are gearing up for it, I think APC shot themselves in the foot with their uncordinated economic policies for Nigeria

Very Clean Toks Nissan Extera 2009(abuja) / Very Clean Nigerian Used 1999 Toyota Camry.perfect Condition 08055575008 600k / Toks 1995 Toyota Hiace