Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,550 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1268 Views)

I Need A Sincere Advice. / I Have A Problem Pls Advice / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by livingstone2013: 9:09am On Feb 12, 2015
Re: . by delishpot: 9:11am On Feb 12, 2015
When I win the lotery tomorrow, I will give you #500k.

1 Like

Re: . by IDEApro(m): 9:15am On Feb 12, 2015
livingstone2013:
I am a graduate who have been searching for a job for close to 2 years, yet no job. so I have decided to use my brain to think and create a job for myself. I need atleast 50k to start the business which I do not have.
I have a LG led 32 inch plasma television which my friend bought for me @51k two months ago before he travelled out of the country. I intend to sell it at 40k to any buyer and my only phone at 10k. those are the only valuable I have in the world as at now apart from my degree certificate. so that I can raise the 50k to start something. cause I am tired of job hunting.
Do you think its a bad idea and a curse to sell one's property to raise capital to start a business?
please advise me.

Its not a bad idea to sell your property for a profitable venture since you can always upgrade but it is entirely bad if you wanna use it for gambling or to impress your girlfriend
Re: . by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 12, 2015
livingstone2013:
I am a graduate who have been searching for a job for close to 2 years, yet no job. so I have decided to use my brain to think and create a job for myself. I need atleast 50k to start the business which I do not have.
I have a LG led 32 inch plasma television which my friend bought for me @51k two months ago before he travelled out of the country. I intend to sell it at 40k to any buyer and my only phone at 10k. those are the only valuable I have in the world as at now apart from my degree certificate. so that I can raise the 50k to start something. cause I am tired of job hunting.
Do you think its a bad idea and a curse to sell one's property to raise capital to start a business?
please advise me.

If you are sure that the business has been well thought out and you know what you are doing, then the tv and phone is an investment.

Its not a new thing for people to sell things to raise money for other ventures. Even rich people do it.
People sell property everyday and use the money for something else
So long as the money isnt being squandered away recklessly but reinvested properly.
Re: . by sholikay(m): 9:17am On Feb 12, 2015
If u're so sure d new busines plan wil move fine,u can sell it,since u're nt flexing with d money..life is all about risk..
Re: . by Odillz: 9:42am On Feb 12, 2015
Take the risk,if you succeed,you rejoice.

Take the risk,if you don't succeed,you learn your lesson.
Re: . by livingstone2013: 10:48am On Feb 12, 2015
I want to use the money (50k) to publish a book. I have contacted a good printing press in shomolu. And the printer agree to publish 200 copies of the book at 250 per copy. I intend to sell the book at #1,000 per book to target audience. if all goes well as planned, I should make good profit and re-invest into printing more. the book is a guide on a unique lucrative business.
Re: . by bukatyne(f): 11:29am On Feb 12, 2015
livingstone2013:
I want to use the money (50k) to publish a book. I have contacted a good printing press in shomolu. And the printer agree to publish 200 copies of the book at 250 per copy. I intend to sell the book at #1,000 per book to target audience. if all goes well as planned, I should make good profit and re-invest into printing more. the book is a guide on a unique lucrative business.

@OP,

I would advise you do not divulge your business plans online (edit this post if possible)... You do not have the capital available; do not let people steal your ideas and use them.

Even if someone offers to assist, please be very careful before discussing your plans.

If you have thought about the business well and have understudied or learnt the basic ropes from someone, you can sell your TV and Phone.

If you succeed, beautiful

If you don't you are not loosing much

God be with you

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
livingstone2013:

have you done good market research?
Also bear in mind that there are printers and there are printers - What is the quality of this ones work
If its going to end up like the books I see under bridges, then I dont think they will sell for 1k
Also unless you are selling them one by one yourself, if a third party is involved either they will hike the price so they too make some money or they will sell it at 1k but they will take a cut
Is the book/similar available free online somewhere? If yes, then you may need ot consider this.

i dont want to discourage you, but please think about your plan very very well.
You may want to invest in something that will give you guaranteed returns for now, even if the profit is not much
All the best.
Re: . by livingstone2013: 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
@chaircover ,
thanks for your concerns and I appreciate it. I will be selling it one by one in offices, markets etc. the book has been proofread by two good editors and they said it will sell well. I took my time in researching and writing it. I would have love to reveal more about the book but like bukatyne said, i need to protect my idea. I am doing the marketing personally cause I want to give it all. I must succeed and sell. I will leave shame and forget I am a graduate.
I intend to meet a bar parlour owner in my area about the TV sale this evening. I will discuss the price with him.
Re: . by bennyrazz: 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
my only advice to you is if you want to publish books, let it be educational books. Probably Primary & secondary school books anything less than that is a waste of time & resources.

(1) (Reply)

9 Things You Should Never Ask Your Husband / My Elder Brother Is Getting On My Nerves / My Cameroon Housemate Said In Cameroon When You Become Rich, You Must Adopt A Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.