Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,027 members, 7,953,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

Medical Internship(house Job) Difficult To Get - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Internship(house Job) Difficult To Get (4108 Views)

Medical Internship/housemanship 2017 / 10 Jobs That Makes It Difficult For Men To Intimately Satisfy Their Wives / How To Keep Your Jobs In A Difficult Economy - Entrepreneurs Advise Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Internship(house Job) Difficult To Get by laurelxy(m): 1:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
I am a medical graduate in 2014 from one of the respectable medical schools in Nigeria in the south west.since graduation it has been very hard trying to secure housejob placement In any hospital.I don't know why it's so difficult getting one, most of my colleagues who have actually secured got based on the fact they either knew a politician, cmd, a top official in the hospital e.t.c, there is hardly any exam conducted, even when exams are conducted they are not picked based on merit.one of my friend recently made a quotation, "pls don't graduate it's a trap" though am really not in support, but I understand his frustration. what's the solution pls
Re: Medical Internship(house Job) Difficult To Get by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
It is well
Re: Medical Internship(house Job) Difficult To Get by NaMe4: 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2015
Op, that's what the situation is in this Country.
Medical doctors have to know someone and present their recommendation before having any opportunity to get a job in any government facility.
Unfortunately, these are virtually the only places offering such programs in Nigeria.

In fact presently, that is no more sufficient, some are further made to pay hundreds of thousands before having their appointment letters handed over to them.

No more about your area of interest or the passion, but using connections to get into any available position, which ideally should be occupied by persons with keen interests.

That's why our health system is a joke.

Imagine doctors in India doubting whether a doctor's report from Nigeria was actually written by a medical doctor. undecided

Wish you all the best in your career.
Re: Medical Internship(house Job) Difficult To Get by ceyrahtlk(f): 11:52pm On Feb 17, 2015
Have you tried applying to hospitals in the North? Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital just did their interview yesterday.
My advice to you is this, check the MDCN approved hospitals for housemanship online, write out the ones in the North, check for their contact online, write your application letter and go to the nearest post office.
Can u imagine that less than 20 people usually apply to these places? Where I'm currently doing my housemanship only 7 of us came for interview....don't wait for the South or West. My 2 cents

5 Likes

Re: Medical Internship(house Job) Difficult To Get by pricelessmr: 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
ceyrahtlk:
Have you tried applying to hospitals in the North? Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital just did their interview yesterday.
My advice to you is this, check the MDCN approved hospitals for housemanship online, write out the ones in the North, check for their contact online, write your application letter and go to the nearest post office.
Can u imagine that less than 20 people usually apply to these places? Where I'm currently doing my housemanship only 7 of us came for interview....don't wait for the South or West. My 2 cents

Thank you for this advice. Unfortunately, security challenges in d country has made guys reject offers in the North. I did my housemanship 5yrs ago down south but what fresh medical graduates go through is shocking. Corruption simply worsen every year. We have to move for CHANGE and control our destiny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Internship(house Job) Difficult To Get by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
ceyrahtlk:

pls where did u do ur housemanship that you weren't many that came 4 d interview. Kindly help pls.Tks
Re: Medical Internship(house Job) Difficult To Get by JhyMedex: 1:42pm On May 07, 2019
ceyrahtlk:
Please where is that?..Where 7 of you did interview

(1) (Reply)

Flow Station Production And Process Control Practicals Training / Life Of A Banker / Account Balance Of A Software Engineer 9 Figures (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.