Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,299 members, 7,954,193 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

A Test Drive Of The American Beast - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Test Drive Of The American Beast (2111 Views)

The Beast: 9 Things To Know About President Trump’s Inherited Limo / Went On A Test Drive This Morning And This Happened!! / Photos: All You Need To Know About 'The Beast' The US President's Official Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Test Drive Of The American Beast by nurey(m): 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
so today i was opportuned to drive a Lincoln Navigator from Lagos to Abeokuta and back so i decided to give a review of the car against other brands i have driven well over a long distance and they are
1. regular merc 200/230
2. Honda accord Hala
3. Honda Accord bullet
4. Honda Accord 2006 DC
5. Toyota sienna 1st generation

the Lincoln Navigator i drove is a first generation dont really know model year (1998-2002) 5.4L 32INTECH v8 with 300hp, 0-60mph at 8secs sitting on 265/65R17.
looking at this cars shape, you will really shake your head at the design, it isnt fancy and looks like a bloated piece of metal, its got side step railings which are the most solid ones i have ever seen or step on better than second generation land cruiser, fisrt gen highlander or even the xterra step railings a toddler wont have problem climbing in.

Once inside, your first thought would be "is this a car" there are knobs rightly placed around and the inside is a spacious as needed but one thing comes to mind, where are the controls, the seat is power controlled and has Ac vents control incoporated whao the wiper washer isnt in the conventional place well i found all that too cumbersome for me so i couldnt mess with anything just had to seat like that which was pretty comfortable considering that i am very tall. the dash is filled with guages and you have to look twice and real close to differentiate the guage you really need (coolant guage,washer guage, temp guage etc).

starting the car is another chore on its own, you have to place the key right, steering must be unlocked or the THEFT indicator lights up and the car wont start (i will advice if you steal this car dont bother switching off the engine ever), the car sounds like a lorry when coming alive delivering power to all sectors for the optimum speed, it takes a while to get accustomed from driving a mid size suv or cuv too long, this car is HUGE and the bonnet says it all, the side mirrors are a bit small but the rear view mirror gets even dead zone angles so keeping watch on cars behind wont be a problem.

as old as this ride is, its got the gadgets that can become useful in remote areas, its got a compass which functions 24/7, a digital mileage calculator which tells you how many miles you can go to empty tank, a thermometer that measures the outside temperature a good sound system (i only listened to radio) and best of all, it can seat 8 passengers very very very comfortably. now to what you have all been waiting for

DRIVABILITY
the speedometer is calibrated in km/h and m/s, this full size suv can only do 160km/h or 100m/s rpm (x1000)is calibrated to 6 and no red zone so at 6 you are good to go, for a V8, this car is damn fuel efficient even when you use AC in holdup, its still damn fuel efficient, you dont want to under estimate the speed, balance and handling of this ride at all, it came with air suspension but was changed to spring over there b4 been brought to naija this car will do 120km/h with ease at a rpm of 1500, at 2500 it will easily max out its top speed the only car that came close was a V8 G-wagon, the land cruisers out there and their lexus counter part a no match in speed or handling of this car i can easily take corners at 120km/h with no car in front or by my side because once you take corners at speed, the steering becomes stiff stopping over steer or under steer maintaining balance and handling, i can easily do 140km/h or more on third mainland bridge and you wont know the roads are patched but you dont want to do more than 120 at the side closer to lagos island while coming from mainland if not the car will jump and you may lose control.

the off road ability of this car is top notch with its manual A4WD, 4H, 4L knob you aint gonna have problems. switching on the headlamp is done with a knob, i searched and searched i had to ask the owner where the headlamp on button was.

would i buy an american SUV, probably not, i dont think our mechanics here can handle what is under the hood of this car, up-till now we cant find the engine oil dipstick and the engine it self looks like something from outer space, but if my pocket is full and dripping i would sure go for something more luxurious and has better handling and safety features.

American cars arent all that bad

2 Likes

Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by chucky234(m): 11:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hmmm beastly thing, Lincoln Navigator.
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by Denn(m): 12:10am On Feb 13, 2015
this vehicle shares almost the same instrument cluster and audio as my yellow beast....

i was on the same road today...didnt know a jap lover was in yankee....
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by nurey(m): 6:07am On Feb 13, 2015
Denn:
this vehicle shares almost the same instrument cluster and audio as my yellow beast....

i was on the same road today...didnt know a jap lover was in yankee....

The holdup due to road works was very terrible, I did a little offroad and offcourse, I got enough attention and as old as this car is, it is still respected.
People see you driving land cruiser they think you are a driver, they see you driving a Navigator, they think you are a successful hustler.
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 13, 2015
nurey:
so today i was opportuned to drive a Lincoln Navigator from Lagos to Abeokuta and back so i decided to give a review of the car against other brands i have driven well over a long distance and they are
1. regular merc 200/230
2. Honda accord Hala
3. Honda Accord bullet
4. Honda Accord 2006 DC
5. Toyota sienna 1st generation

the Lincoln Navigator i drove is a first generation dont really know model year (1998-2002) 5.4L 32INTECH v8 with 300hp, 0-60mph at 8secs sitting on 265/65R17.
looking at this cars shape, you will really shake your head at the design, it isnt fancy and looks like a bloated piece of metal, its got side step railings which are the most solid ones i have ever seen or step on better than second generation land cruiser, fisrt gen highlander or even the xterra step railings a toddler wont have problem climbing in.

Highlander 01-07 don't get factory installed step board or nerf bars, the once you see around are installed by dealerships and/owners. Qx4 have step boards and they are well supportive and sturdy.

Once inside, your first thought would be "is this a car" there are knobs rightly placed around and the inside is a spacious as needed but one thing comes to mind, where are the controls, the seat is power controlled and has Ac vents control incoporated whao the wiper washer isnt in the conventional place well i found all that too cumbersome for me so i couldnt mess with anything just had to seat like that which was pretty comfortable considering that i am very tall. the dash is filled with guages and you have to look twice and real close to differentiate the guage you really need (coolant guage,washer guage, temp guage etc).

starting the car is another chore on its own, you have to place the key right, steering must be unlocked or the THEFT indicator lights up and the car wont start (i will advice if you steal this car dont bother switching off the engine ever), the car sounds like a lorry when coming alive delivering power to all sectors for the optimum speed, it takes a while to get accustomed from driving a mid size suv or cuv too long, this car is HUGE and the bonnet says it all, the side mirrors are a bit small but the rear view mirror gets even dead zone angles so keeping watch on cars behind wont be a problem.

as old as this ride is, its got the gadgets that can become useful in remote areas, its got a compass which functions 24/7, a digital mileage calculator which tells you how many miles you can go to empty tank, a thermometer that measures the outside temperature a good sound system (i only listened to radio) and best of all, it can seat 8 passengers very very very comfortably. now to what you have all been waiting for

DRIVABILITY
the speedometer is calibrated in km/h and m/s, this full size suv can only do 160km/h or 100m/s rpm (x1000)is calibrated to 6 and no red zone so at 6 you are good to go, for a V8, this car is damn fuel efficient even when you use AC in holdup, its still damn fuel efficient

That truck has a heavy body, big V8 and heavy curb mass, its NOT fuel efficient.

Read thru this excerpt "Navigator averaged 9.9 MPG. Unburdened, I recorded 13 around town, and 16 on the road. Not good. But look at it from another standpoint--driving a Navigator 12,000 miles per year will burn about 1,000 gallons of gas."
-http://www.carlustblog.com/2008/07/car-lust-lincol.html

"EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 11/15 mpg "-edmunds.com
Comparing the figure to a 2001 Lexus Lx470
"EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 12/15 mpg "-edmunds.com

In Nigeria, when we consider issues of non-premium fuel, bad roads, daring traffic in Lagos, drivers attitude behind the wheel and alterations to this truck, the MPG must fall lower.

you dont want to under estimate the speed, balance and handling of this ride at all, it came with air suspension but was changed to spring over there b4 been brought to naija this car will do 120km/h with ease at a rpm of 1500, at 2500 it will easily max out its top speed the only car that came close was a V8 G-wagon, the land cruisers out there and their lexus counter part a no match in speed or handling of this car i can easily take corners at 120km/h[/b] with no car in front or by my side because once you take corners at speed, the steering becomes stiff stopping over steer or under steer maintaining balance and handling, i can easily do 140km/h or more

hahahaha lauging in hebrew, speed? My humble 2.4L which is 1/2 the engine of your truck does 0-62mph in 10secs, my rx330 does 7.x seconds, so what's the point again?

Read this excerpts, pay attention to the bolded:
"The Navigator initially shared the same 5.4 L SOHC V8 as the Expedition, which made 230 hp (170 kW) at 4250 rpm and 325 lb·ft (441 N·m) of torque at 3000 rpm. Likewise, the Navigator shared the same 4R100 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive as the Expedition. The rear axle ratio of the Navigator, whether it was two-wheel or four-wheel drive, was 3.73:1. With a base curb weight of well over 5,000 lb (2,300 kg), the Navigator wasn't particularly fast off the line. A four-wheel drive model tested by Motor Trend magazine that weighed in at 5,557 lb (2,521 kg) could accelerate from zero to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 10.3 seconds and complete a quarter mile (~400 m) in 17.7 seconds at 78.7 mph (126.7 km/h). However, the same Navigator came with a useful towing capacity of 7,700 pounds (3,500 kg)" - Wikipedia.com

Finally, whenever you're driving a big tall car, slow down when approaching corners if not you migh end up careering the vehicle or worst risk a roll over. This is what most commercial transport drivers with toyota hiace, sienna and vW sharan don't obey hence, they cause needless car accidents. Moreso, it can't handle any better because its body on ladder construction.

on third mainland bridge and you wont know the roads are patched but you dont want to do more than 120 at the side closer to lagos island while coming from mainland if not the car will jump and you may lose control.

the off road ability of this car is top notch with its manual A4WD, 4H, 4L knob you aint gonna have problems. switching on the headlamp is done with a knob, i searched and searched i had to ask the owner where the headlamp on button was.

would i buy an american SUV, probably not, i dont think our mechanics here can handle what is under the hood of this car, up-till now we cant find the engine oil dipstick and the engine it self looks like something from outer space, but if my pocket is full and dripping i would sure go for something more luxurious and has better handling and safety features.

With these points of mine, I don't intend to deflate any egos, but to prove beyond reasonable reasons why this truck isn't to be praised.
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59am On Feb 13, 2015
Mike!
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by nurey(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
lomomike:

Highlander 01-07 don't get factory installed step board or nerf bars, the once you see around are installed by dealerships and/owners. Qx4 have step boards and they are well supportive and sturdy.

That truck has a heavy body, big V8 and heavy curb mass, its NOT fuel efficient.

Read thru this excerpt "Navigator averaged 9.9 MPG. Unburdened, I recorded 13 around town, and 16 on the road. Not good. But look at it from another standpoint--driving a Navigator 12,000 miles per year will burn about 1,000 gallons of gas."
-http://www.carlustblog.com/2008/07/car-lust-lincol.html

"EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 11/15 mpg "-edmunds.com
Comparing the figure to a 2001 Lexus Lx470
"EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 12/15 mpg "-edmunds.com

In Nigeria, when we consider issues of non-premium fuel, bad roads, daring traffic in Lagos, drivers attitude behind the wheel and alterations to this truck, the MPG must fall lower.

hahahaha lauging in hebrew, speed? My humble 2.4L which is 1/2 the engine of your truck does 0-62mph in 10secs, my rx330 does 7.x seconds, so what's the point again?

Read this excerpts, pay attention to the bolded:
"The Navigator initially shared the same 5.4 L SOHC V8 as the Expedition, which made 230 hp (170 kW) at 4250 rpm and 325 lb·ft (441 N·m) of torque at 3000 rpm. Likewise, the Navigator shared the same 4R100 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive as the Expedition. The rear axle ratio of the Navigator, whether it was two-wheel or four-wheel drive, was 3.73:1. With a base curb weight of well over 5,000 lb (2,300 kg), the Navigator wasn't particularly fast off the line. A four-wheel drive model tested by Motor Trend magazine that weighed in at 5,557 lb (2,521 kg) could accelerate from zero to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 10.3 seconds and complete a quarter mile (~400 m) in 17.7 seconds at 78.7 mph (126.7 km/h). However, the same Navigator came with a useful towing capacity of 7,700 pounds (3,500 kg)" - Wikipedia.com

Finally, whenever you're driving a big tall car, slow down when approaching corners if not you migh end up careering the vehicle or worst risk a roll over. This is what most commercial transport drivers with toyota hiace, sienna and vW sharan don't obey hence, they cause needless car accidents. Moreso, it can't handle any better because its body on ladder construction.

With these points of mine, I don't intend to deflate any egos, but to prove beyond reasonable reasons why this truck isn't to be praised.

Mr mike as much as I won't discredit any manufacturer, I will advice you take my review as truth and not some hear say, the navigator has so many engine variant from its I6 to different V8 mine is not the 10.3sec mine is the 32V INTECH V8 and 0-60 is 8secs yes at first I thought that car was huge and won't be fast but apart from its superB acceleration, it has enough balancing and handling to get there fast than any competitor.

You have not seen the limited 1st gen highlander with side steps with light don't talk about the Qx4 steps and the path and xterra, they tend to get rusty on the long run

This car was specially built did you get my review on steering at all, at 120 in corners there was no drifting or under/over steer infact the computer takes over steering at a topnotch rate.

I decided to take the car to the limit on 3rd mainland bridge that was the kind of confidence the handling gave me, at 140km/h I moved from one extreme end of the bridge to the other with traffic and my legs didn't leave the pedal that's STABILITY.

The difference between jap mobiles and german/american cars is the german cars have uptodate handling hence giving the driver a mind set to uh em to the limit, what we jap car drivers call over speed or reckless driving is what the german/american car driver call pushing to the recommended limit

Fine a lexus 470 may be able to do close to 260km/h a whooping 100km/h more than the navigator but the confidence the navigator will instill in the driver at its top speed (160km/h) on a traffic crowded expressway the lexus may not be able to
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
nurey:

Mr mike as much as I won't discredit any manufacturer, I will advice you take my review as truth and not some hear say, the navigator has so many engine variant from its I6 to different V8 mine is not the 10.3sec mine is the 32V INTECH V8 and 0-60 is 8secs yes at first I thought that car was huge and won't be fast but apart from its superB acceleration, it has enough balancing and handling to get there fast than any competitor.

You have not seen the limited 1st gen highlander with side steps with light don't talk about the Qx4 steps and the path and xterra, they tend to get rusty on the long run

Highlander Limited with illuminated step boards are dealer installed or owners installed kits. Not factory made. May I remind you that I owned a Qx4 from 2012-2013 even tho it was only a year with me, its step boards never got deformed, never rusted, never unstable, when I want to wash the roof which I do at least twice a week, I stand on the step board (I weigh between 83-87kg range).

This car was specially built did you get my review on steering at all, at 120 in corners there was no drifting or under/over steer infact the computer takes over steering at a topnotch rate[
/quote]
Its got a wider tracks, than a HL, but my HL AWD can also do such, I don't want to mention my RX, AWD makes you stick to the road ahead, but when pushed too hard may slightly get and understeer/oversteer depending on the bias of the AWD system. That said, Don't push SUVs and tall vans to their limits especially around bends, its very risky, and could end in a rollover (ford explorers of old were notorious for this, jeep cherokees of old were notorious for this and they blamed the tyre manufacturers for their higher rollover tendencies).

I decided to take the car to the limit on 3rd mainland bridge that was the kind of confidence the handling gave me, at 140km/h I moved from one extreme end of the bridge to the other with traffic and my legs didn't leave the pedal that's STABILITY.
In the days when I take my Suv on journeys, I could easily hit and maintain 180km/hr only to slowdown round bends. Trust me, my heart never skipped a beat neither was I afraid for once, they never seem to be out of control, infact, they seem to be telling me push me harder. That to me is confidence in driving, while the vehicle maintains a high level of stability. This days, I don't take my cars on journeys, austerity measures and old age creeping in (I still get carried away by the tendency to speed against my will so I am trying to discipline myself).

The difference between jap mobiles and german/american cars is the german cars have uptodate handling hence giving the driver a mind set to uh em to the limit, what we jap car drivers call over speed or reckless driving is what the german/american car driver call pushing to the recommended limit

Fine a lexus 470 may be able to do close to 260km/h a whooping 100km/h more than the navigator but the confidence the navigator will instill in the driver at its top speed (160km/h) on a traffic crowded expressway the lexus may not be able to

Ask of folks in Abuja where kubwa expressway, Nyanya expressway is and how smooth it is, in rush hours, how crowded it is, yet if Mike is in the mood he'll weave thru traffic art a higher speed smoothly. That was in those days, now Mike is more responsible and sane.

Finally, we shouldn't be comparing a lincoln Navigator with a Highlander or RX, we ought to be comparing it with a sequoia, and an LX. Mind you an LX and a sequoia are full sized trucks. However.
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by nurey(m): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
lomomike:

Highlander Limited with illuminated step boards are dealer installed or owners installed kits. Not factory made. May I remind you that I owned a Qx4 from 2012-2013 even tho it was only a year with me, its step boards never got deformed, never rusted, never unstable, when I want to wash the roof which I do at least twice a week, I stand on the step board (I weigh between 83-87kg range).

In the days when I take my Suv on journeys, I could easily hit and maintain 180km/hr only to slowdown round bends. Trust me, my heart never skipped a beat neither was I afraid for once, they never seem to be out of control, infact, they seem to be telling me push me harder. That to me is confidence in driving, while the vehicle maintains a high level of stability. This days, I don't take my cars on journeys, austerity measures and old age creeping in (I still get carried away by the tendency to speed against my will so I am trying to discipline myself).

Ask of folks in Abuja where kubwa expressway, Nyanya expressway is and how smooth it is, in rush hours, how crowded it is, yet if Mike is in the mood he'll weave thru traffic art a higher speed smoothly. That was in those days, now Mike is more responsible and sane.

Finally, we shouldn't be comparing a lincoln Navigator with a Highlander or RX, we ought to be comparing it with a sequoia, and an LX. Mind you an LX and a sequoia are full sized trucks. However.

I have done this review not to compare Navigator with any car in terms of speed or what not, I only compared build quality, craftsmanship and luxury that can be enjoyed in other cars apart from jap mobiles throughout the journey to and fro, fuel of only 7k was used, I thought we would use upto 12 or 15k on fuel considering the 5.4L V8 engine size, half of the journey with AC. The weight of this car also added to its balance, I am also trying to say all cars are efficient and reliable if the owner adhere to manufacturers recommendations.

My next target should be a cardillac ESCALADE or a Range Rover I don't need to drive the G-wagon, the name alone tells a lot cheers.
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
nurey:

I have done this review not to compare Navigator with any car in terms of speed or what not, I only compared build quality, craftsmanship and luxury that can be enjoyed in other cars apart from jap mobiles throughout the journey to and fro, fuel of only 7k was used, I thought we would use upto 12 or 15k on fuel considering the 5.4L V8 engine size, half of the journey with AC. The weight of this car also added to its balance, I am also trying to say all cars are efficient and reliable if the owner adhere to manufacturers recommendations.

My next target should be a cardillac ESCALADE or a Range Rover I don't need to drive the G-wagon, the name alone tells a lot cheers.

Bro, that's gonna be biased why should you not drive a Lexus LX or toyota Sequoia V8? smiley no mind me o, na joke mode I dey o!
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by Ikenna351(m): 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
All Vehicles are fuel efficient. It depends on WHO is behind the wheel, most especially, the mindset, as long as the injection, ignition & emission systems are running in good condition as designed to.

Ikenna
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by DGD1(m): 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
lomomike:

Bro, that's gonna be biased why should you not drive a Lexus LX or toyota Sequoia V8? smiley no mind me o, na joke mode I dey o!

how about innoson SUVs¿
#justSaying
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by Ikenna351(m): 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
nurey:

Don't doom yourself away from something you desire to have, for you are simply telling God "wealth is not your portion". Is it only under Mango tree mechanics that we have in Nigeria? Wish good things to come to you, for if the money to buy such luxurious car comes, the money for fixing him in good rich well equipped workshops in cities will be some chicken change for you. The more you think "I can't", the less you get in life.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
Ikenna351:

Don't doom yourself away from something you desire to have, for you are simply telling God "wealth is not your portion". Is it only under Mango tree mechanics that we have in Nigeria? Wish good things to come to you, for if the money to buy such luxurious car comes, the money for fixing him in good rich well equipped workshops in cities will be some chicken change for you. The more you think "I can't", the less you get in life.

Ikenna

Sorry to digress from the norm.
Mr Ikenna, you just spoke the truth in the highlighted comment above. There is one of many reasons why I follow you and its not because of nothing. Rather because you have a lion's heart and mindset, a never giving up attitude. Never accepting defeat and always optimistic irrespective of peoples opinion. God bless you.

Nurey, sorry to derail the thread pls
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by nurey(m): 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2015
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

Mr ikenna seems you could have miss quote me, I won't probably buy a well maintained American SUV not even their V8 versions but if I can afford a brand new one yes I would prefer german or American to japanese or koreans no pun intended.

The navigator left a soft spot in my heart, but I am afraid when that car starts its wahala hope hypertension won't kill the owner we know the kind of "nah overseas them need am" mechanic we have here
Cheers
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by Ikenna351(m): 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
nurey:

Mr ikenna seems you could have miss quote me, I won't probably buy a well maintained American SUV not even their V8 versions but if I can afford a brand new one yes I would prefer german or American to japanese or koreans no pun intended.

The navigator left a soft spot in my heart, but I am afraid when that car starts its wahala hope hypertension won't kill the owner we know the kind of "nah overseas them need am" mechanic we have here
Cheers

Funny enough, you are still emitting that same frequency, "Such luxury vehicle are not your portion". Thats your hand writing on the wall, up there.

What made you think the SUV must start wahala to the owner? What made you think the owner would prefer an under Mango tree mechanic rather than a good well equiped workshop? What made you think the owner cannot find a literate mechanic that understands that SUV system? Do you see what I am getting at? Your belief system; your mindset.

People would tell you, "Run away from Lions. They are very unreliable and very very problematic". Hmmm! How many of Lions do I currently own? How many years have i owned them, so far? How many Lions have I owned before? To crown it all, they are injection V6s. I am enjoying all and I have not experienced the so called unreliability and problematic people decieve others with. I was telling WhatsApp Lions community the other day what have failed and i replaced on my SV D9 engine since my 2 years of ownership and some couldnt believe it: spark plugs & bank 1 upstream oxygen sensor. How much did they cost? Where are the wahala people were saying I would experience if i venture? Should I talk about my other 3 V6 lions? I have never opened up the engines of any of them and years are still counting.

My point is, if you always think, feel and believe certain luxury cars are too big for you to handle or enjoy, it will become your experience; your reality. That's how Law of attraction works. Thats why people settle for less, beause they believe its been "reasonable".

Anyway, all I can see in that SUV its a man-made, with injections, ignitions, emissions, control modules, etc, which any good professional scan tool will detect and tell which is faulty or not. And a simple workshop manual or google can reveal the location of these components in the vehicle, how they can be replaced and where they can be purchased. What's the big deal?

It's just a mind virus thing a lot of people have become victims to.

Ikenna
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by Ikenna351(m): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
lomomike:

Sorry to digress from the norm.
Mr Ikenna, you just spoke the truth in the highlighted comment above. There is one of many reasons why I follow you and its not because of nothing. Rather because you have a lion's heart and mindset, a never giving up attitude. Never accepting defeat and always optimistic irrespective of peoples opinion. God bless you.

Nurey, sorry to derail the thread pls

That's very nice of you. Thank you.

Ikenna
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
Nurey, have you by any chance come across the book or video titled 'secrets'? If you have, please, read/watch it with keen interest and try to assimilate what message the writer is passing out. If you're chanced, read about this, think big and grow rich". Cartalk and all the automotive stunts aside, everyone is a product of his/her thought faculty, if you can dream it, you can believe it, if you can believe it, you can work it, if you can work it, you can be it. As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

I read and I'm still reading as people are complaining about 2AZ-FE scary stunts, my family member uses a highlander 2.4 and its 3 years old, not even a nut have she removed. Only brake pads, and oil change. I've own a 2AZ-fe awd, 1 year down the line, no such symptom. Prior to buying my RX, folks were against my decision, being its too expensive for you, you're too young to own such luxury, you can't foot the bill should anything go wrong. One even adviced me to get a camry 08. I refused, 2weeks later the guy who adviced me to get a camry, his camry gearbox packed up 450k came out from his pocket. Till date, I've had no issue with my RX to his amazement. Prior to my ownership of my previous infiniti qx4, folks said SUVs are for big men, men who steal for a living, its too expensive to own and maintain. I'm a living witness to owning 2 SUVs at same time and none had caused me to think of stealing, rather I have cause to work hard and smarter I need more suvs sef....

I see that day I will walk into a dealership pay for a brand new top of the range SUV.
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by nurey(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
Thank you Mr ikenna and Mr lomomike, I will keep your advice close to my heart also the American beast has already swayed me from play it safe kind of car fanatic.
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by chucky234(m): 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2015
lomomike:

I just dey watch you and this your new style for 3D.
Re: A Test Drive Of The American Beast by chucky234(m): 8:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
lomomike:
Nurey, have you by any chance come across the book or video titled 'secrets'? If you have, please, read/watch it with keen interest and try to assimilate what message the writer is passing out. If you're chanced, read about this, think big and grow rich". Cartalk and all the automotive stunts aside, everyone is a product of his/her thought faculty, if you can dream it, you can believe it, if you can believe it, you can work it, if you can work it, you can be it. As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

I read and I'm still reading as people are complaining about 2AZ-FE scary stunts, my family member uses a highlander 2.4 and its 3 years old, not even a nut have she removed. Only brake pads, and oil change. I've own a 2AZ-fe awd, 1 year down the line, no such symptom. Prior to buying my RX, folks were against my decision, being its too expensive for you, you're too young to own such luxury, you can't foot the bill should anything go wrong. One even adviced me to get a camry 08. I refused, 2weeks later the guy who adviced me to get a camry, his camry gearbox packed up 450k came out from his pocket. Till date, I've had no issue with my RX to his amazement. Prior to my ownership of my previous infiniti qx4, folks said SUVs are for big men, men who steal for a living, its too expensive to own and maintain. I'm a living witness to owning 2 SUVs at same time and none had caused me to think of stealing, rather I have cause to work hard and smarter I need more suvs sef....

I see that day I will walk into a dealership pay for a brand new top of the range SUV.
Hehehehe the inspirational side of Mike, hmmm I'm a living witness.

(1) (Reply)

A Peugeot 404 Urgently Needed / Fullest Option 2005 Toyota Camry XLE @ 2.2M ❌❌Sold out❌❌ / How Much Will It Cost Me To Get A 1999 C Class Neatly Used Or Toks And Bugt 500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.