Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations (35856 Views)

Top Exotic Visa-free Destinations For A Sumptuous Vacation / 6 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / Tourism: Ikogosi Warm Springs Ekiti (new Pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by FOREXMARTS: 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
kennygee:
Ibeno beach in AkwaIbom is a must visit for me.

Meanwhile, your list is incomplete without Ikogosi and Erin Ijesha falls.

Even Idanre hills is not there.

I wonder oh.
Instead he included that dirty, dilapidated smelling den of cult gangs and thugs called tourist beach Port Harcourt.
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
shyna01:
KashyBaby

Hey shyna01...watz poppin tat u mention me ey? cool
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by zicoraads: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
Please who has been to Ibeano beach?

Am looking to go on a holiday. And I went to Obudu during my university days. I want a change. And if anyone has visited any tourist site in the south or east, advice would be really appreciated.
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by enioluwaselore: 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
OP Why?

Is that picture of Isaac boro park from 2028?? I live near that place and the picture you have up there is nothing near what the park looks like.

Stop misleading tourists!

1 Like

Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by BJ4REEL(m): 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
Creamish where you dey o.....wink
Which of these are we adding to "our" list?
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
KashyBaby:

Hey shyna01...watz poppin tat u mention me ey? cool
thought you may want to consider some locations on d list...
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by doreenvee(f): 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
Cool places to wear off boredom.
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by nas00(m): 10:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
OP. Well done, but that list is in no way complete without the inclusion of Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State...

"The Mambilla Plateau is a plateau in the Taraba State of Nigeria. The plateau is Nigeria's northern continuation of the Bamenda Highlands of Cameroon.

The Mambilla Plateau has an average elevation of about 1,600 metres (5,249 ft) above sea level, making it the HIGHEST plateau in Nigeria. Some of its villages are situated on hills that must be at least 1,828 metres (5,997 ft) high above sea level.

Some mountains on the plateau and around it are over 2,000 metres (6,562 ft) high, like the Chappal Waddi (more appropriate name: Gang) mountain which has an average height of about 2,419 metres (7,936 ft) above sea level. It is the highest mountain in Nigeria[3] and the highest mountain in West Africa if Cameroon's mountains, such as Mount Cameroon, are excluded.

The plateau developed on basement complex rocks.Tertiary basalts also occur on the Mambilla plateau and are mostly formed by trachytic lavas and extensive basalts, occurring around Nguroje. The Mambilla Plateau measures about 96 km (60 mi) along its curved length; it is 40 km (25 mi) wide and is bounded by an escarpment that is about 900 m (2,953 ft) high in some places.The plateau covers an area of over 9,389 square kilometres (3,625 sq mi).Gang ('Chappal Waddi') Mountain is found at the northeastern flank of the Plateau."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mambilla_Plateau

Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by nas00(m): 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
I have been to Mambilla plateau. The landscape is breathtaking, the climate extremely benevolent, the scenery so beautiful yet natural and the people are nice.

The part most difficult to ever forget is driving (climbing the long, scary, winding ascent) up the mountains from Gashaka into Mambilla.

An entire Local Goveenment sits on Mambilla Plateau- Sardauna L.G.A. ( Named after the late Sardauna of Sokoto), with its headquarters at Gembu. Other notable settlements on the plateau include Nguroje (where clouds drift in the midst of houses and humans in broad daylight) and Kakara (which houses the Softwood plantation, Tea plantation and Tea factory. Mountain Tea, commonly sold around Taraba and Adamawa axis is grown and processed in Mambilla)

Fascinating features:

- Very extensive, lush, green, mountainous grasslands...giving an impression of series of mountains covered with a lovely green rug
- Cool climate all year round (much like the cold seasons in Europe, so much that you dare not bath with cold water in Mambilla except you want to freeze, for real!)
- No mosquitoes in Mambilla (of course, the cold climate does not favour their growth)
- when you talk or breathe heavily in Mambilla (especially in the mornings, but not exclusively so) you often see 'mist' coming from your mouth/ nostrils, exactly similar to what is noticed during winter in other climes.
- Many natural waters springs
- Many wild animals, especially monkeys roaming freely on the mountain sides
- Extensive beautiful softwood plantation, with lumbering activities
- Houses Super Eagles' high altitude training camp
- Beautiful tea plantation and a tea factory
- You can actually walk into Cameroon from Gembu grin

**PS: The first of my previously posted pics actually shows the route leading up Obudu mountain resort. The route leading into Mambilla is far more precarious, elevated and potentially deadly. I'll upload soon as I can get.
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by BRAINCRASH(m): 12:02am On Apr 22, 2015
JOS plateau was omitted......Check out the massive weathered igneous stone blocks that sit on one another....as though they were perfectly placed there.....

Marian resort in Calabar was also not on the list......Its a combination of Seaport, slave museum and recreation....

What about Pankshin In Plateu state.......not too beautiful a place though but its one place where you're sure of not finding a single refrigerator.
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by BRAINCRASH(m): 12:16am On Apr 22, 2015
OBUDU RANCH

Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by BRAINCRASH(m): 12:21am On Apr 22, 2015
RANCH

Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by Iyineda(m): 12:30am On Apr 22, 2015
lol bar beach... smh
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 22, 2015
shyna01:

thought you may want to consider some locations on d list...

Oooh yeah iv seen it...mmmm...well i like some places i myt consider to visit it one day...tnxx grin
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by Omowalksola(f): 4:34am On Apr 22, 2015
ritzytbabs:

go have your honeymoon at obudu cattle ranch.....oh my God!!!! you won't regret it
Guess u rily lyk kiddin...
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by ritzytbabs(m): 6:20am On Apr 22, 2015
Omowalksola:
Guess u rily lyk kiddin...

hehehe....nah not at all
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by Omowalksola(f): 7:15am On Apr 22, 2015
ritzytbabs:

hehehe....nah not at all
Issokay
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by baybeeboi: 7:15am On Apr 22, 2015
VickyRotex:
Nice one Op.

But where is Ikogosi, where is Erin Ijesha kiss kiss (I can visit that fall 100 times), and where is Olumo
(Mayo mayo mayo o, lori Olumo mayo mayo mayo o, Lori Olumo kiss )
place's still 1000km away from National recognition. Love it though. Only state's bin ignorin it.

1 Like

Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 22, 2015
KashyBaby:

Oooh yeah iv seen it...mmmm...well i like some places i myt consider to visit it one day...tnxx grin
u welcome.
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by TheMatrix3: 9:00am On Apr 22, 2015
Port harcourt has no tourist attraction. I repeat: PHC has no tourist attraction. Isaac boro park at Mile 1 park and the tourist beach are dead. Dont waste your time going there. These are old pictures angry angry angry
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by mrsage(m): 7:09pm On May 20, 2015
Nigeria. Land flowing with milk and honey..
Re: Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations by Octopus1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
"Discover Delta" Set To Position Delta State As Global Tourism Hub

"Discover Delta", an initiative by Leisure Park and Film Village Asaba is set to position Delta State as a global tourism destination.