Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,476 members, 7,861,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:01 AM

Who Fears V6 Cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Who Fears V6 Cars (1004 Views)

Fully Loaded 2005 Honda Accord Ex V6 For Sale / Toyota Camry 1998 Model V6 For Sale In Lagos / A Tok's Of Volks Passat V6 2003 Model ( 1.3 ) Pix Attached. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Fears V6 Cars by stave9ja(m): 8:19am On Jan 05, 2009
Hi,

i can see that some of us are in mortal fear of v6 engines

v6 are engines that gives you faster response and more balances on the road. its like riding in motor heaven. with less stress you achive more response than the 4 cyc cars.

for good v6 cars the fuel consumtion is not near as bad as those of the old benz.

my take is if the v6 is in good condition there is nothing to fear. but if the v6 is old and rickety then you are in hot soup.

give it a good service and you would be glad you had a v6.
Re: Who Fears V6 Cars by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2009
bump
Re: Who Fears V6 Cars by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 21, 2009
I've never been worried about owning a V-powered car.

Which is why I'm replacing the 2,6L V6 in my Audi A4 Quattro, and replacing it with a 4,2L V8, from a 1999 Audi S8.
I don't like I4 motors, besides a bit under powered, they don't provide the sort of soundtrack that appeals to true automobile enthusiasts.

A V8 at full chat however does.  cool

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Who Fears V6 Cars by echelon(m): 10:04am On Feb 21, 2009
I guess it all depends what we are looking for in a car.
A car to me is only transportation and not a statement. 
A decent 1.8L I4 engine ('06 corolla) is sufficient for going to and fro work and for travelling to the village about 4 times in a year. cool cool
Re: Who Fears V6 Cars by ikeyman00(m): 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2009
dnt like it at all. the engine occupies the whole section in the bonnet, and the engine looks sealed-up to me, once done thats it! was watching some mechanic sweatin over just to adjust a radiator fan
Re: Who Fears V6 Cars by sultaan(m): 4:18pm On Feb 21, 2009
its just 2 more cylinders(spark plugs ) than your regular 4 cyl. Tight space but a knowledgable mechanic should know how to work in tight spaces
Re: Who Fears V6 Cars by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 22, 2009
ikeyman00:

dnt like it at all. the engine occupies the whole section in the bonnet, and the engine looks sealed-up to me, once done thats it! was watching some mechanic sweatin over just to adjust a radiator fan

No such thing as a "sealed-up" engine.
Sounds like the excuses the average Nigerian mechanic gives, when the can't diagnose a fault.

The procedures for working on a V-engine may differ from that applied to an I4, but the principle behind both remains the same.

DeltaVAGTM

(1) (Reply)

My experience with the man inspire_m / 2008 Toyota Camry Le(silver Colour , Just Cleared) / A Registered 2000 Model Lexus Rx 300 F0r N900k!!!SOLD!!SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.