Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Underpricing Of Catfish After Harvest - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Underpricing Of Catfish After Harvest (625 Views)

Extremely Fast Growing Specie Of Catfish Fingerlings Available For Sale In PH / Invest Your Money In Catfish Business Today / Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Underpricing Of Catfish After Harvest by dkings101(m): 11:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
I am into Catfish rearing business. The business is lucrative but the challenges am experiencing is when it's time to sell after harvest. The amount the customers are offering, I feel is too small when you imagine the amount of input and time invested. Around my area (Ayobo) 2 tablesize fish that makes 1 kg is being priced for at N430 by those market women and some are offering to pay N425.

The price is just too low and I guess this problem is cos the business doesn't have association to impose a uniform price. The amount of time and input invested for 4-5 month before sales doesn't equal the price market women want to purchase the fish.

The same fish they bought at N430 (being 2 fishes) they would sell each for N500 and pepper soup sellers would sell each plate for N700.

Is anyone facing my kind of plight. What can I do to at least smile doing sales after harvest. I need advice. Thanks.
Re: Underpricing Of Catfish After Harvest by dking123: 9:41am On Feb 15, 2015
Go out and get hotels to buy directly from you. advertise your fish farm.
Re: Underpricing Of Catfish After Harvest by YabaLeftist: 10:28am On Feb 15, 2015
You should try processing it into dry fish, that will surely fetch you more cash.
Re: Underpricing Of Catfish After Harvest by matrixme(m): 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
yes... smoke it before sales. It raises the price and keeps longer. Also beef up your marketing strategy.
Re: Underpricing Of Catfish After Harvest by dkings101(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
Thanks for the advice. I would like to know how much it's been sold for when smoked and how is it sold?

(1) (Reply)

Are You Going To Be Rich? Answer These 7 Questions To Find Out / The 4 Basics Of Making Money Online / Dubai Visa @ Affordable Rate !!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.