Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' (5030 Views)

Gate Crashing / Massive Gate Crashing At Jumia Interview On-going!! / Is Gate-crashing Godly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Freest(m): 9:14am On Feb 15, 2015
Goodmorning N'landers. this piece is to help motivate job seekers out there and for all those that has lost hope, there is light at the end of the tunnel. When its your time, trust me, nobody (not even the witch from your village) can stop it once God says it.
This is my story.
Please take your time to read this piece, you'll be encouraged
I've been without a job many months after my Nysc, and was loosing hope. I went to Benin to see my Aunty. On a faithful saturday while lying down on my bed, a friend called me that he came to Benin for an interview for a job he applied for earlier through connections as the job was not advertized. I scolded him that he didnt even let me know during the application so i can apply too. Anyway i wished him luck and since he was around decided to go see him before the interview starts properly. I got there some minutes before the interview, and met him with so many persons who came for the interview too. These persons had gone through the other stages to be here at the final stage. they where all waiting with every of their credentials ready. I met my friend, we talked, i wished him luck again and was about to leave when a man came and made an announcement that if you are here for the interview come and put down your names for verification. So everybody went to write their names. being there already, i just said nothing spoil, i wrote down my name too. after which they started calling the names one after the other inside the interview hall. I was on three quarter shorts and a polo. my certificate was not with me as i came for a visit and dont reside there. So i said let me go home, change to a decent pants and shirt and return which i did. when i came back, i met my friend who was angry and claimed they have been interviewed already and was told they needed only accounts,cashiers, bankers or those with bank experience as it relares with finance. We studied engineering so all engineers was sent away. I studied engineering to, so he asked that we leave. I was not convinced to leave, so i told him, let me go and try my luck. I went and questions where thrown to me which i answered. Then the interviewer asked what i studied and i told him, he said they dont need engineers just accountants and i started by telling him that engineers work anywhere even in the bank, with our vast knowledge bla bla bla.... to cut the long story short, i was permitted for the induction. Inshot i was the only engineer taken in that batch. After the induction, it was time for verification of certificates and posting, i had no certificate with me.
Our names was being verified from their data base for those who were invited for the interview and had gone through previous stages. When it got to my turn, they asked for my name and i told the man, he searched but could not find it, he then asked for my surname which i told him, he didn't still find it. I knew it wasn't there anyway. He then asked if am sure i was invited, i didn't answer instead i asked him to check the system with my middle name. He did, but yet nothing, people in queue where already getting impatient, i asked him to check again with my first name, obviously he didn't have that time as people where waiting so he asked that i spell my name while he adds it to their data base which i did. After that I went to meet a woman i perceived was a top staff and explained to her my ordeal. I wasnt with my certificate but had passed the interview. She just smiled and asked, u came for an interview without your certificates? anyways, if you're finally taken, i will stand in for you till you mail it to me for submition . Guys, i almost ran crazy. After the whole process, i was taken, i met thesame woman who helped my posting to my choice location of work, and my brothers and sisters i currently work there. I sent my credentials three weeks after resumption.
So no hope is lost...keep hoping, keep dreaming, keep making attempts, God is got your back.
Happy sunday

73 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by goldiam(f): 9:24am On Feb 15, 2015
@Op i tap into your testimony.i had similar experience and i am waiting for my own testimony. Indeed God is faithful.May the God of uncommon favour locate me and every other job seekers this week.amen

12 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 15, 2015
Sorry...... Did you say your name was Lucky or Godwin? because I can clearly see that na #GodWin

8 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Gboliwe: 9:30am On Feb 15, 2015
When I tell people to ask God for favour daily, they don't gerrit. This is a typical illustration of how favor works.

You are favored. I am happy for you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Faibuhari: 9:32am On Feb 15, 2015
Inspiring story, a lot of Nlanders will start gate crashing GNLD jobs now

3 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Freest(m): 10:00am On Feb 15, 2015
goldiam:
@Op i tap into your testimony.i had similar experience and i am waiting for my own testimony. Indeed God is faithful.May the God of uncommon favour locate me and every other job seekers this week.amen
amen... Your testimony go come jor!!!

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Freest(m): 10:02am On Feb 15, 2015
Faibuhari:
Inspiring story, a lot of Nlanders will start gate crashing GNLD jobs now
nor be GNLD oooh! Please those guys are devil sent to ruin peoples career

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 15, 2015
Nice story bro but I do not seem to get this part. .
to cut the long story short, i was permitted for the induction. Inshot i was the only engineer taken in that batch. After the induction, it was time for verification of certificates and posting, i had no certificate with me.
which kind induction dem dey do for una before verification of certificates I smell lies cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by mrking3(m): 11:27am On Feb 15, 2015
As much as I would like to believe this story, it sounds more like a FICTION to me. Firstly, the interview you gate crashed wasn't even the first stage! So I wonder how your name was smuggled in almost at the tail end of the Recruitment exercise. If it were to be a government firm, I wouldn't have been surprised! coz there're loads of Ghost workers in there. Secondly, INDUCTION is the last thing after certificate verification and upon acceptance of employment. So wondering which firm or organisation would Induct their staff before verification of document? Bros!! I wish you Goodluck in your FRONT PAGE bid.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by odimbannamdi(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2015
mrking,

God perform miracles that, when testified, looks like a lie. thats why He said "eyes have not seen, ears have not heard neither has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those that love/trust him"

dont bother yourself about the veracity of his story. just claim it by faith. anybody who lies using the favour of God does so at his own peril.

OP, congrats on your new job. i pray that God does the same for me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2015
Grace-UNMERITED FAVOR

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Exponental(m): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
guy... faith is powerful. I like ur courage.
be close to God, God of favor visited u. dont let him down.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by JustCurious: 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2015
Congrats, OP.

Hoping your friend got another job, eventually? He truly must have felt so bad that he missed out, despite travelling from Lagos-Benin etc.. Indeed, he remains an instrument that God used to getting you the job. God bless him for it.

So many opportunities we miss out, when we don't act on information passed to us. Congratulations, once again.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by goldtooth: 1:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
Wow I love this. Congrats Op. Like my friend would say to labour is good but favour is better. So your engineer friend didn't get the job and you who wasn't invited got the job, so are you guys still friends?
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Evina(f): 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
mrking3:
As much as I would like to believe this story, it sounds more like a FICTION to me. Firstly, the interview you gate crashed wasn't even the first stage! So I wonder how your name was smuggled in almost at the tail end of the Recruitment exercise. If it were to be a government firm, I wouldn't have been surprised! coz there're loads of Ghost workers in there. Secondly, INDUCTION is the last thing after certificate verification and upon acceptance of employment. So wondering which firm or organisation would Induct their staff before verification of document? Bros!! I wish you Goodluck in your FRONT PAGE bid.

God is no respecter of persons. He can break any protocol to favor the one He chooses.

I am starting a new job with an international organization in March. God did the same thing, He broke protocols for me. Candidates wrote gmat and went through two stages of interview, while I only attended the final stage. I don't know any man in that organization. Infact, a top recruitment firm handled the recruitment process. I only interviewed with the Management.

I have done medicals and received my offer of engagement letter. The favour of God I experienced stunned me into immense gratitude.

9 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Freest(m): 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2015
goldtooth:
Wow I love this. Congrats Op. Like my friend would say to labour is good but favour is better. So your engineer friend didn't get the job and you who wasn't invited got the job, so are you guys still friends?
Thanks alot...
yeah, we are still friends though not as before. after that incident i noticed he withdrew... i still pray to God to settle him. I dont blame him much anyway...
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Freest(m): 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
JustCurious:
Congrats, OP.

Hoping your friend got another job, eventually? He truly must have felt so bad that he missed out, despite travelling from Lagos-Benin etc.. Indeed, he remains an instrument that God used to getting you the job. God bless him for it.

So many opportunities we miss out, when we don't act on information passed to us. Congratulations, once again.
thanks alot... He has something he is managing... but we still trusting God for him
thanks...

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Freest(m): 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2015
mrking3:
I dont expect you to believe, thats why i said at the begining of this piece, If its your turn, even the witches from your village can not stop it not to talk of mere human recruiters as far as God is involved. When its time protocols will not hold, orderliness will not play. I just shortened the story here to bless people, if i tell you the full piece you will not believe. It a private company not government hwnce no favoritism as i dont even know anybody. my certificates where not even with me. I believe God just wanted to prove a point that its not your works, good results, your dress sense or nothing. If its your time and God says it, damn recruitment process, it will happen.
For thos still trusting God... Be ready to take bold steps that will bring out positive testimony... Shalom!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by lifestyle1(m): 3:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by JustCurious: 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
Evina:

God is no respecter of persons. He can break any protocol to favor the one He chooses.

I am starting a new job with an international organization in March. God did the same thing, He broke protocols for me. Candidates wrote gmat and went through two stages of interview, while I only attended the final stage. I don't know any man in that organization. Infact, a top recruitment firm handled the recruitment process. I only interviewed with the Management.

I have done medicals and received my offer of engagement letter. The favour of God I experienced stunned me into immense gratitude.
You are so right. People need to understand that protocols don't exist in an atmosphere of God-driven favour. It's beyond physical comprehension. Illogical. When God says YES, thatzall. smiley I could relate to your testimony. Congratulations, BTW.

May we experience more of His favour in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Evina(f): 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
JustCurious:

You are so right. People need to understand that protocols don't exist in an atmosphere of God-driven favour. It's beyond physical comprehension. Illogical. When God says YES, thatzall. smiley I could relate to your testimony. Congratulations, BTW.

May we experience more of His favour in Jesus name.

Amen gurl, Amen wink smiley
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by dorofine(f): 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
I am so happy for you op, I tap into your blessing
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by smartcarez(m): 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
Congrat op$ I can't wait 2 share my own testimony$
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
This one ain't luck o
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by DrPrickson: 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
This is a very motivating story! Wow!! If you can succeed despite all the hurdles. Yes I can too. God bless you
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by yemicoal(m): 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
undecided
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Freest(m): 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
DrPrickson:
This is a very motivating story! Wow!! If you can succeed despite all the hurdles. Yes I can too. God bless you
God bless you too bro... keep hope alive... just a matter of small time!
happy new week
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Freest(m): 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
Flautist:
This one ain't luck o
Then give it a name...
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by Freest(m): 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
smartcarez:
Congrat op$ I can't wait 2 share my own testimony$
Amen... It will come. It can only get better...
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by mrking3(m): 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
You guys should spear me all this sermon! Non of you in here believe in Miracle as much as I do! As far as I'm concerned, no reputable organisation will hand you letter of employment without checklisting the required documents for employment. The OP shot himself on the foot to have said he was INDUCTED before submitting his credentials!! How can a reputable firm employ you without credentials? No medicals, No document verification, and its straight to Induction? This is questionable!! I'm sure it could be one man Business! OP I still need you to clear my doubt on the question I raise!
Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by rman: 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2015
mrking3:
You guys should spear me all this sermon! Non of you in here believe in Miracle as much as I do! As far as I'm concerned, no reputable organisation will hand you letter of employment without checklisting the required documents for employment. The OP shot himself on the foot to have said he was INDUCTED before submitting his credentials!! How can a reputable firm employ you without credentials? No medicals, No document verification, and its straight to Induction? This is questionable!! I'm sure it could be one man Business! OP I still need you to clear my doubt on the question I raise!

I share your sentiments too.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job And Determined My Posting By 'gate Crashing' by goldiam(f): 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
Freest:

amen... Your testimony go come jor!!!
amen oooooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

2016 KPMG Undergraduate & Graduate Internships For Nigerians. / Workforce Interview / Nigeria LNG Limited Undergraduate And Postgraduate Scholarship Awards 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.