Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Suggestions On How To Improve This Section - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Suggestions On How To Improve This Section (2298 Views)

An N.G.O Need Suggestions On Quality Educational Mobile Apps / What Can Be Done To Improve This Section? / How To Improve My Php Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by Craigston: 8:29am On Feb 20, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Cool, something like that has been done here before and I think it was discontinued because of the reward parts. It will be better if the problems are presented for people to solve so that they can improve on their skills without necessarily getting any reward, learning in and of itself is a reward.
Maybe giving them a reward of points can help. You know that eagerness to increase those numbers: something similar to likes. They'll accelerate their learning, consciously or unconsciously.
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by Seun(m): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2015
Most programmers would code for glory.
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by ps3o(m): 10:41am On Feb 20, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Cool, something like that has been done here before and I think it was discontinued because of the reward parts. It will be better if the problems are presented for people to solve so that they can improve on their skills without necessarily getting any reward, learning in and of itself is a reward.
the idea is good and sounds fitting
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by blueyedgeek(m): 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
Let's start implementing some of the suggestions that have been posited on this thread in the little way we can.
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by Craigston: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
I'm still trying to think of something good. But I think we need some more automation on Nairaland. Posting topics which are properties of another website, usually without alteration and with credits to the source, is a drudgery. We need a 'share' feature, maybe similar to sharing on facebook. Like a plug-in for blog owners who post content from their blogs: an API for sharing content to Nairaland. It'll be really helpful.
Also, this section should be sub-categorized into different sub-sections: general, critiques, sections based on different technologies, etc so we can filter information more efficiently and participate actively in our areas of interest.
It is easier to read content via feeds (mostly for us to whom our data bundles are like lifelines) than to load entire pages. So, the different sections and sub-sections can have their own news feeds. Or you can have feeds for new topics, new posts, most answered, etc generally for each section of Nairaland (most important to us now is this section).
I'll like to see an on-Nairaland private message feature -- at least for this section. The user should be able to set permissions for PM though. It'll help us solve problems easily. It won't discourage community learning, but problems like some little inquiries can be resolved personally. In fact, it'll make us better friends.
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by drealboy(m): 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
up vote and down vote will be cool like stackoverflow.
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by Craigston: 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
You have suggested a lot already. These suggestions should be implemented.
I suggest this topic should be pinned so it won't get lost and more suggestions can be added from time to time. It'll always need improvement as long as it exists.
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by Fulaman198(m): 12:05am On Mar 01, 2015
Programming section just needs to be called the "IT" section.

A vast array of topics need to be introduced from Systems Engineering, Database Engineering, Network Engineering, to just straight up programming. Remember I.T. is a really huge and interesting field. So we can't just limit ourselves to
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by GodMode: 1:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
Fulaman198:
Programming section just needs to be called the "IT" section.

A vast array of topics need to be introduced from Systems Engineering, Database Engineering, Network Engineering, to just straight up programming. Remember I.T. is a really huge and interesting field. So we can't just limit ourselves to

No programming no "IT".
No programming no "Computer Science"
No programming no "Smart phone"
No programming no "Computer Hacker"
e.t.c

They are all branches of programming.
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by Fulaman198(m): 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
GodMode:

No programming no "IT".
e.t.c

They are all branches of programming, but programming is the wrong terminology. I would kindly go with I.T. or information technology as it covers an extremely wide spectrum of topics.
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by GodMode: 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

They are all branches of programming, but programming is the wrong terminology. I would kindly go with I.T. or information technology as it covers an extremely wide spectrum of topics.

Whatever suits you...
Re: Suggestions On How To Improve This Section by Javanian: 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
GodMode:

No programming no "IT".
e.t.c

IT, Computer science, smart phone, and Computer hacking are branches of Programming? grin grin grin

muhehehehe...and they are the ones complaining the section is dull.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

$7 Per Hour Go Developer Job / Splash Screen In Vb 2008 / Vee (personal Assistant) New Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.