Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Generally How Much Do People Charge For A Wordpress Blog/site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Generally How Much Do People Charge For A Wordpress Blog/site (1137 Views)

5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel / Own A Wordpress Web Site At A Cheaper And Affordable Rate One Click Ahead. / Own A Wordpress Web Site At A Cheaper And Affordable Rate One Click Ahead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generally How Much Do People Charge For A Wordpress Blog/site by teejaycombo: 1:07am On Feb 16, 2015
I have someone who is going to create a blog site for me with WordPress. Please how much would a developer usually charge for such work?
Re: Generally How Much Do People Charge For A Wordpress Blog/site by FRInteractives: 1:48am On Feb 16, 2015
Every developer charge differently it all depends on the benefits you get and what matches your budget.
Re: Generally How Much Do People Charge For A Wordpress Blog/site by teejaycombo: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
I understand but someone charged me 50k for a dynamic wordpress site. I want to know what the general going rate is for such.
Re: Generally How Much Do People Charge For A Wordpress Blog/site by GodMode: 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
teejaycombo:
I understand but someone charged me 50k for a dynamic wordpress site. I want to know what the general going rate is for such.

If you are not lazy and you're going to be the "site admin" then 25K/annum is the highest you should spend if you use DEDICATED HOSTING to do it yourself.

Or at least 5K - 10K/annum if you use NORMAL HOSTING

Or at the very least 2K/annum if you use SHARED HOSTING...

Imagine paying someone 50K for your "lack of knowledge" then he/she pays for SHARED HOSTING (2K per annum) that's 48K profit... gringringringrin. then imagine doing this to 10 people (like you) monthly gringringringrin

Learn how to do it yourself gringringringringringringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Generally How Much Do People Charge For A Wordpress Blog/site by teejaycombo: 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
God mode....I appreciate the brutal honesty. That's all the information I need. Thanks man!!! wink
Re: Generally How Much Do People Charge For A Wordpress Blog/site by ayurdavid: 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
@teejaycombo, i simply would not advise you to go with godmode. hosting + domain registration alone cost @ least 4k. designing the site will require lot of data subscription & also buying premium tools online. designing a dynamic wordpress site will be between 25~40k depending on functionalities to be embedded.
Re: Generally How Much Do People Charge For A Wordpress Blog/site by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
GodMode:

If you are not lazy and you're going to be the "site admin" then 25K/annum is the highest you should spend if you use DEDICATED HOSTING to do it yourself.

Or at least 5K - 10K/annum if you use NORMAL HOSTING

Or at the very least 2K/annum if you use SHARED HOSTING...

Imagine paying someone 50K for your "lack of knowledge" then he/she pays for SHARED HOSTING (2K per annum) that's 48K profit... gringringringrin. then imagine doing this to 10 people (like you) monthly gringringringrin

Learn how to do it yourself gringringringringringringringrin

You're stupid brooo.

So web developers shouldn't get paid again.

Idiioooot

(1) (Reply)

Who Do I Contact To Delete All My Nairaland Posts? / Is Anybody Selling A Forum Website? / Adsense Account For Sale... Make Me An Offer SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.