Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,821 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

A Niqht At Ugbomoro - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Niqht At Ugbomoro (504 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Niqht At Ugbomoro by Egwunu: 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
Jinqiss wake up joor, time don go,were the words I heard from my friend Jonathan as he shoved me
mercilessly. Still feeling very sleepy I replied Jona wait small na, make I still slip small. Time don
go oo, and you know say my place far small.
We had both stayed in school to read for the test we had that morning and along the line, I fell
asleep. As I stood up to pack my books, I asked him angrily where your house they self?.....the reply
that came from him sent the sleep running very fast from my eyes....Na inside Ugbomoro na, abi
how many times I go tell you, was the shocking reply that came from Jonathan.
Ugbomoro
The mere mention of the name alone sent cold shivers down my spine, I remembered
numerous stories of how the community youths where been hostile to Fupre Students, I
remembered the final year student that was killed just some months ago,i remembered how one of
us was shot in the head by this same Ugbomoro youths, na this same place jonathan want make I
enter this night....i was still lost in my thoughts when Jona shook me again and shouted angrily,
watin dy worry you na, abi you nor wan go? I go comot leave you ooo...immediately I regained
conciousness and suggested we go to the school hostel inside the school and sleep till the next
morning,that I wasnt in support of this idea of us walking inside Ugbomoro at this time of the night.
I wan sleep for my house this night was the reply that came from him, he packed his books and
started walking towards the door that ushered him out of LT1. I watched him as he walked into the
night and he was lost in the dark cold night......i shouted Jona abeq wait na, as I hurriedly packed
my books and made my way out of LT1.... I looked at the moonless sky it looked back at me,but I
couldn't see it, its face was hidden by the darkness.
I hurriedly caught up with Jonathan as we made our way out of Fupre into the streets of Ugbomoro.
We walked for almost 10 mins when I broke the silence,Jona we never still reach your house,i don
tire to waka oo I asked.... chill na, e remain small jona replied. Barely had he finished talking when
we heard a dog bark, my heart sunk as I prayed silently within me. We increased our footstep and
turned right into another street that happened to be where our destination was. We percieved the
strong smell of indian hemp as we walked through the street... Two of una make una stop there a
vioce shouted from behind us and then footsteps started approaching us. My laptop and my tab
where both inside the bag I was holding.. We where immediately surrounded by 6 unfriendly faces,
I prayed silently inside of me for God to spare my life. Watin una carry for bag? Asked one of the
boys who I presume to be the leader.....Bros abeq na our books dy inside jona replied. He ordered
one of the boys to take the bags from us and ordered us to run very fast...i breathed a sigh of relief
as God has answered my prayer by sparing mhe and my friends life...or so I thought. Immediately
we took to our heels I ran as fast as my wobbling legs carry me(i guess at that moment Usian Bolt
would not stand a chance racing with me). Kpooooooooooooooo was the sound I heard from behind
us, I needed no magician to tel me that a bullet has been fired from their locally made gun....i kept
running until

source....http://jingissloaded..com/2015/02/a-niqht-at-ugbomoro.html?m=1

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No Longer Should A Student Fail Mathematics / Education / Solve This Question Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.