Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Progressive: Sheath Your Swords - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Progressive: Sheath Your Swords (693 Views)

Success Can Only Be Achieved Through Progressive Unity / Clearing And Forwarding...progressive Cargo Ltd Is A Freight Service Company / Clearing And Forwarding...progressive Cargo Ltd Is A Freight Service Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Progressive: Sheath Your Swords by Nobody: 4:48am On Feb 17, 2015
What happened in the last 24 hours was an unfortunate development between brothers and sisters who have been fighting for a common course. This should never have happened between the progressives on this forum. Barcanista was wrong with the way he presented his thread. The title of his thread was unfortunate. In literature, we judge a book by its title. The title given to the thread was unacceptable. I sent him an email to express my view. I was the second person to respond to the thread and my response was not totally appropriate either. The responses of my fellow progressives were not great either. I am humble enough to accept I made a mistake too. No one is above mistake. We all should have behaved better than how we did. It is not appropriate to treat one of ours like that when we found out about the thread. I have no doubt barcanista would have done it differently if he knew how the thread was going to be received by his peers. I am sure he must have had a reflection on his presentation.

As many of you know, I was on sabbatical leave from Nairaland for a very long time and I have just returned four weeks ago. I was shocked to see Barcanista as progressive. This is person I had verbal wrestling with in the past. I knew him to be staunch supporter of PDP and Jonathan. This is someone who once called me a parasite. I couldn't just wrap my head around the fact that he now labels himself a "progressive". I went through his posts of the last six months and I was impressed. I had nothing to say but to give him kudos. I was impressed with few of the topics he created and inputs of his in many threads created by others. He stood side by side with many progressives and fought a good fight while I wasn't here. His fight for progressive ideas was second to non. We need to always treat one of ours right whenever we feel they go off rail.

Sincerenigerian, Omenka, Gbawe, Ilugunboy, Cleverly, berem, ba7man, and my fellow progressives, let us sheath the sword. We are one mile away from a 500 miles journey. Our victory is near. Nigeria is ready for a change. Progressive ideas have been welcomed with open arms. APC has been well received. Our opponents are rattled and have never been the same again since the campaign kicked off. They never thought we would be in this position. They would rather be in our shoe right now. Our opponents are currently unofficial opposition party in Nigeria. They are fighting a lost course on all front. They are now governing by chaos. They fight INEC today and engage Obasanjo tomorrow. If they are not clamoring for Temporary cards today they are fight against e-voting machine tomorrow. They are just fighting a lost course. They are throwing everything at the wall and hoping one sticks. They hate to admit that we have not let them out of the gate since this change army started the march from Rivers to Ogun. From Oyo to Kano. From Zamfara to Benue. From Katsina to Sokokoto. From Bayelsa to Kwara. From Kogi to Ondo. From Taraba to Adamawa. Our message has resonated everywhere we have campaigned. You should all be proud of the work you have done. This is not the time to turn back. This is not the time to relent. This is not the time to slip up. This is the time for all hands to be on deck.

Nigeria is at a crossroad. When the head is rotten, the whole body is useless. Jonathan is the head and the head of our government is rotten. We need CHANGE in our dear country. We need a non corruptible person to reset Nigeria and bring desired change to our polity. Buhari fits that bill and we should not let this distraction of the last 24 hours derail us. The beauty of democracy is to disagree with each other and find a common ground that benefits all. This is not the time for bickering. This is not the time for rancor. This is not the time for division. The enemy saw an opening today and they loved it while it last. They want to fool the world that they are now in love barcanista. Of course they are not. I saw some of our opponents went after him as well. They are now claiming to be on his side but they are wrong.

I am now calling on all of you to sheath your sword and finish the noble course you all started. Victory is ours across the board if we keep our eyes on the ball and put the distraction of today behind us. We have no other country than Nigeria. Nigeria needs fixing. This is the time to come together and work together as one to salvage this country.

May God Bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Progressive: Sheath Your Swords by Nobody: 4:54am On Feb 17, 2015
Enjoy this song specially made for Buhari by in-house Juju band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4TwwgNrBpE

1 Like

Re: Progressive: Sheath Your Swords by Nobody: 5:14am On Feb 17, 2015
Why Ishilove moved my thread from politics section?
Re: Progressive: Sheath Your Swords by Ishilove: 5:16am On Feb 17, 2015
sincerenigerian:
Why Ishilove moved my thread from politics section?
Enough of these barcanista threads. The politics section is for political matters affecting the country and the world, not a family reuninon. If you guys have issues concerning your political affiliations and how it affects your relationship with one another on this forum, settle it in this section and stop spamming the politics section.

2 Likes

Re: Progressive: Sheath Your Swords by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 17, 2015
@op, thanks for showing your maturity about this, and I hope other progressives will follow this step.
There is no need for name calling or bantering words again.
Our effort will never be in vain and we will all celebrate victoriously come may29.
Sai GMB/PYO.

I saw severussnake viewing this thread, hope you're not here to release you venom

1 Like

Re: Progressive: Sheath Your Swords by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
aanumama:
@op, thanks for showing your maturity about this, and I hope other progressives will follow this step.
There is no need for name calling or bantering words again.
Our effort will never be in vain and we will all celebrate victoriously come may29.
Sai GMB/PYO.

I saw severussnake viewing this thread, hope you're not here to release you venom

With what barcanista guy is doing now, he is indeed a kid. He has lost all credibility if he had any left.

(1) (Reply)

Safety Tips On How To Identify Fake Policemen At A Glance. / Soldiers From Niger And Chad Havetaken The Nigerian Town Of Damasak 4r Bokoharam / Delta State Gubernatorial Election: Online Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.