Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,835 members, 7,841,189 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts (51211 Views)

CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" / CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals / CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by countsparrow: 9:37am On Feb 18, 2015
Okay
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by EmmaOgbu(m): 9:37am On Feb 18, 2015
msmon:
Good initiative! CBN has just blocked a source of xtra income for the bankers. Lolz.

Nigeria Immigration Service Intercept Lorry Load Of Foreigners In Abia
www.nairaland.com/2153215/nigeria-immigration-service-intercept-lorry

N10bn Jet Story Against Me Mere Fabrication— Alison-Madueke
www.nairaland.com/2153205/n10bn-jet-story-against-me
On Point

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by phemoluv02(m): 9:39am On Feb 18, 2015
Nice development... Well done CBN
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by UchihaItachi(m): 9:41am On Feb 18, 2015
whizqueen:
How many dormant account is fund left in?

Are you a banker?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by Kx: 9:42am On Feb 18, 2015
wazobiaforu:
Make them stop 65 charges on ATM - is draining my account like crazy
The Atm charge is pure fraud.
When dey reintro it dey said N65 charge after the 3rd withdrawal.
Today, use GTB Atm on another bank, it milks u N65 even on d first withdrawal.

We are back to d days of looking for ur bank Atm to use d bank's Atm card.
And we are supposedly in transformation abi?? Smh

2 Likes

Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by condralbede(m): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2015
Ok
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by solarview(m): 9:46am On Feb 18, 2015
1 plot
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by solarview(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2015
Kai...APC don spoil work for these banks ooo grin grin grin

Anyway GEJ till 2019
PDP^2=POWER

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by bisi16(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2015
Better
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by jdilight(m): 9:49am On Feb 18, 2015
Ebubeslym:
Make I kukuma run go withdraw the remaining N2000 wey I leave for one yeye bank account before this pipo turn am to bank money.

Did you read the post? what do you make about this.

The CBN stated that three months to the end of the six years, both the account holder and the next-of-kin would be notified, adding that revalidation of inactive/dormant accounts would not attract any charge to the account holder as the banks would have made ample use of the idle funds.
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by whizqueen(f): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2015
UchihaItachi:

Are you a banker?
Not yet. Still studying the course.
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by KLand(m): 9:54am On Feb 18, 2015
koolet:
Three people looting money from citizens

1.OUR BANKs (exception of gtb)

2 OUR NETWORKs especially MTN

3. OUR GOVERNMENTs (the present govt and the past)

You be shareholder for GTB. Why you exempt them from your comment?

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by LydiaBI(f): 9:56am On Feb 18, 2015
Mctshew,make dem for say you sabi your work.#Rubbish

Checkmate the politicians that moves funds in and out of CBN's vaults for their selfish political needs. Well,you're actually doing your master's bid.
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by yougos(m): 10:01am On Feb 18, 2015
Commercial banks eating peoples money anyhow since 1804

I see the reason why Access bank just dey do any how for my Dollar Account

Even the adds dead people's money to their profit without tracing the reason why the account has bin Dormant!!

Amadioha don catch Dem!!!

Welcom Development!!!
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by UchihaItachi(m): 10:03am On Feb 18, 2015
whizqueen:

Not yet. Still studying the course.

Figures
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 18, 2015
koolet:

1.OUR BANKs

...mtn n etisalat
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by boofydon: 10:04am On Feb 18, 2015
whizqueen:
Are you a banker? Your moniker looks familiar, have we met? undecided
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by Ribaman(m): 10:10am On Feb 18, 2015
Brilliant decision ! Shows a bank that is alive to the consumers' plight
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 18, 2015
Oildichotomy:
While the policy sounds good on paper, I'm of the position that CBN should get their priorities right.

Dormant accounts issues can't rectify the falling naira does it?
dis is one gr8t move by d cbn...jst last wk here an acct i left sme huge sums 4 ova 2yrs was certified dormant..bro d bnk made me brng every damn certificate nt aftr writin series of letters n @ d end dy wanna give me cock n roster stories...dats wen i suspectd my fund is toast,bt i dont give up easily i put out some series of threats 2 d bnk managr b4 dy finally remitd my funds...atho i comnd fidelity bnk 4 not makin any deductions 4rm it coz dat wld ve loosed d hell i kept hidden...lol naija
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by KLand(m): 10:13am On Feb 18, 2015
Kx:

Good banking service can't be free. ATM charge is a service charge. Banks pay millions to Switch service providers on a monthly basis to provide ATM service to their customers. So they have to at least recover the cost, if they can`t make profit on it. But if you don't want to pay the charge, you have the following options:

1. Don't use ATM at all
2. Use only the ATM of the bank that issued you the ATM card; you may be charged if you use other banks atm
3. Don't use ATM card to withdraw cash more than 3 times a month. Charges apply from the fourth withdrawal.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by samx4real(m): 10:16am On Feb 18, 2015
Good
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by YourCoffin: 10:28am On Feb 18, 2015
Dormant accounts made First Bank the first bank in Nigeria. CBN should audit their financial statement dating as far back as 1920
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by dafuturis(m): 10:29am On Feb 18, 2015
koolet:

1.OUR BANKs

3 should have been 1 and 2 be 3.
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2015
Please someone should tell me what I don't know o. A sister is abroad and
I went to deposit money into her GTB account but she couldn't withdraw this money thru ATM as her balance was showing 0 naira. I went to make complaint at her bank only to be told that her account had become dormant. Up till now, she's still abroad and we believe the money will be in the account. Are you telling me this money I went to deposit when her account was dormant won't be credited to her account?

Someone pls explain to me o.
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by prudentcy(m): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2015
ednoville:
CBN pls tell Skye bank to stop sending me messages I left them since 2005

grin
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by justmenoni: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin Dstv nko? Nepa Nko(u get light or u no get u go still pay)

koolet:

1.OUR BANKs

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by Kx: 10:43am On Feb 18, 2015
KLand:

Good banking service can't be free. ATM charge is service a charge. Banks pay millions to Switch service providers on a monthly basis to provide ATM service to their customers. If you don't want to pay the charge, you have the following options:

1. Don't use ATM at all
2. Use only the ATM of the bank that issued you the ATM card; you may be charged if you use other banks atm
3. Don't use ATM card to withdraw cash more than 3 times a month. Charges apply from the fourth withdrawal.

Were banks not "using millions to switch service providers" when Sanusi removed the atm charges?
Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by Rajjah(f): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2015
ednoville:
CBN pls tell Skye bank to stop sending me messages I left them since 2005
Pls also help me beg cbn to help me beg Ecobank to stop sendin me mssgs. I aint bankin wit dem

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by Creamish(f): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2015
Optimisticgondy:
Please someone should tell me what I don't know o. A sister is abroad and
I went to deposit money into her GTB account but she couldn't withdraw this money thru ATM as her balance was showing 0 naira. I went to make complaint at her bank only to be told that her account had become dormant. Up till now, she's still abroad and we believe the money will be in the account. Are you telling me this money I went to deposit when her account was dormant won't be credited to her account?

Someone pls explain to me o.

Hi,

If the money is not in her account, there is a warehouse where it will be kept pending when the account is reactivated. Your money is not lost. I want to believe that you still have your copy of the deposit slip you used to make the deposit? There are 2 options u may want to explore here:

1. Request for a refund of your deposit since it is yet to be posted. Go along with ur valid ID and your copy of the deposit slip. When refunded, credit any active account she has (hoping she has a mastercard linked to that account).

2. There must be a way for the account to be reactivated even while she is abroad. It can be routed through the bank's contact center. A copy of the reactivation docs will be forwarded to her to be filled and signed and the account will be reactivated (if all other reqs are made available..depending on the type of account nwayz)

U need to engage the Manager on this. No need to panic. wink

whizqueen:

Ul be surprised. Some run into hundreds of millions.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts by Creamish(f): 11:03am On Feb 18, 2015
Kx:

It shuldn't be on the 1st withdrawal. Go thru ur statement properly. U have a right as a customer to contest it as it is against the CBN policy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl / 8 Things N500 Cannot Buy Anymore / Bank Verification Number (BVN) And Crowded Banks (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.