Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 (8579 Views)

Online Gaming. Xbox vs playstation / Playstation 2 PES 2014 Vs Playstation 3 PES 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by itsafen(m): 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hello gaming people
I am looking to Purchase a Playstation but i need guide on which i should get.
Users of the above games kindly furnish me with whatever details you have Con or Pro.
Thanks a mill
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by goodluck4favour(m): 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ps4 is better in all aspects apart, but if you can't afford it ps3 will sure give u the gaming experience you want. So choose based on what you can afford.

2 Likes

Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by itsafen(m): 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
whats the storage space on the console about?
How many GB of Space is really needed?
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by coogar: 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
itsafen:
Hello gaming people
I am looking to Purchase a Playstation but i need guide on which i should get.
Users of the above games kindly furnish me with whatever details you have Con or Pro.
Thanks a mill

this comparison is laughable.
PS3 - 2006, PS4 - 2013.
there's one generation between those years. it's like comparing the first iphone ever made to iphone 6s.
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by dazekid(m): 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
coogar:

this comparison is laughable.
PS3 - 2006, PS4 - 2013.
there's one generation between those years. it's like comparing the first iphone ever made to iphone 6s.

But is it really I mean there are tech advancements that shoot hoops around the previous generation, can you say the PS4 does so to the PS3? And seriously, the first iphone to the iPhone 6 undecided your analogy is way off bro.

5 Likes

Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
I want to buy too, so this thread is for me too. pls drop comments.
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by TopdownD: 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
The truth about the consoles is that they are both great in their own regards. If you are looking to play a wide variety of games now, then the Playstation 3 is your best bet. It has a wide inventory of games because it has been around for a while. On the other hand, the Playstation 4 is gonna be the main thing in a year or two and would probably stay for about another 5-6 years. This means that when the games start to flood in, (it has already started little by little), you would be smiling for the next 5 or so years. Mind you that most games that are being released now are still being released on both consoles and Sony has promised to still support the PS3 for a few more years. So it comes down to "How frequent a gamer are you?" and secondly, "What's your budget like?"
If you are an everyday gamer who would want to finish one game after another, then i advise you go for the Playstation 3, unless you have the cash to spare. If on the other hand, you don't play regularly but you want a console available, go for the PS4. Either way, you would get your money's worth.

BTW, if you are ready to buy and you have made up ur mind, you can visit topdowndeals.com.ng for the games at the most aff
ordable prices or call 08136304343. We deliver straight to your doorstep.

2 Likes

Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by TCD: 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
TopdownD:
The truth about the consoles is that they are both great in their own regards. If you are looking to play a wide variety of games now, then the Playstation 3 is your best bet. It has a wide inventory of games because it has been around for a while. On the other hand, the Playstation 4 is gonna be the main thing in a year or two and would probably stay for about another 5-6 years. This means that when the games start to flood in, (it has already started little by little), you would be smiling for the next 5 or so years. Mind you that most games that are being released now are still being released on both consoles and Sony has promised to still support the PS3 for a few more years. So it comes down to "How frequent a gamer are you?" and secondly, "What's your budget like?"
If you are an everyday gamer who would want to finish one game after another, then i advise you go for the Playstation 3, unless you have the cash to spare. If on the other hand, you don't play regularly but you want a console available, go for the PS4. Either way, you would get your money's worth.

BTW, if you are ready to buy and you have made up ur mind, you can visit topdowndeals.com.ng for the games at the most aff
ordable prices or call 08136304343. We deliver straight to your doorstep.
hello do you have brand new PS4 consoles in stock?
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by ciwi: 7:17pm On May 20, 2015
Pls ppl I wan to buy a Ps4 for someone but when I go online i see different ps4s and different prices. Please to buy a ps4, wat exactly do I need to buy?
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by hakinze00(m): 7:19am On May 22, 2015
1st of all by ending of this year...they will stop doing ps3 games,infact they have been ps4 exclusive games dat wasnt released on ps3...ps4 is a 8th generation why ps3 is 7th generation...ps3 graphics is 720p why ps4 graphics is 1080p,ps4 pad is more comfortable nd more advanced than that of ps3...but u can go 4 ps3 because it is more economical with 500g ps3 harddrive u can get over 40games while ps4 d games are xtremely large a 500g ps4 wil get only 8-9games
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by hakinze00(m): 7:22am On May 22, 2015
ciwi:
Pls ppl I wan to buy a Ps4 for someone but when I go online i see different ps4s and different prices. Please to buy a ps4, wat exactly do I need to buy?
why not get it 4m trusted sites lyk jumia nd konga? Or go 2 oshodi or alaba in lagos 2 buy...u can ask me for more details abt d ps4
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by abiolag(m): 4:18pm On May 23, 2015
hakinze00:
why not get it 4m trusted sites lyk jumia nd konga? Or go 2 oshodi or alaba in lagos 2 buy...u can ask me for more details abt d ps4

do u av idea how much a fairly used ps4 will cost at Alaba or Oshodi and tins to watch out for wen buying used one?
I can't afford brand new
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by hakinze00(m): 5:31pm On May 23, 2015
abiolag:

do u av idea how much a fairly used ps4 will cost at Alaba or Oshodi and tins to watch out for wen buying used one?
I can't afford brand new
There is no much difference btw d new and d used ones in terms of price nd if u buying it comes with 1pad except u want 2pads so just be budgeting lyk 60k for ps4 with two pads and 50k-55k or xo for 1pad...for d genuine ones beta still go 2 where they can test it for u immediately mek sure dy gv u full accessories lyk hdmi and so on...
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by akocce(m): 7:56pm On May 23, 2015
dazekid:

But is it really I mean there are tech advancements that shoot hoops around the previous generation, can you say the PS4 does so to the PS3? And seriously, the first iphone to the iPhone 6 undecided your analogy is way off bro.
yea almost... Do u knw d difference between ps3 and ps4? Technically, d ps4 trumps d ps3 so much... From processors to RAM... D difference is very very clear!
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by dazekid(m): 10:39pm On May 23, 2015
akocce:
yea almost... Do u knw d difference between ps3 and ps4? Technically, d ps4 trumps d ps3 so much... From processors to RAM... D difference is very very clear!

Well dude, this is all about comprehension. There are numerous comparisons between the PS3 and PS4(I will not post any links, you can search for yourself) and the fact of the matter is the PS4 isn't that much of a console advancement(neither is the XBOX one really but Microsoft added a lot of perks) when the PS3 and XBOX 360 dropped, they were pioneering so much stuff it was mental, what did the PS4 and XBOX one pioneer please
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by akocce(m): 12:00am On May 24, 2015
dazekid:

Well dude, this is all about comprehension. There are numerous comparisons between the PS3 and PS4(I will not post any links, you can search for yourself) and the fact of the matter is the PS4 isn't that much of a console advancement(neither is the XBOX one really but Microsoft added a lot of perks) when the PS3 and XBOX 360 dropped, they were pioneering so much stuff it was mental, what did the PS4 and XBOX one pioneer please
hardware?... The size of system memory... Can u tell me wat d ram size of d ps3 is? So is d processor and gpu...
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by akocce(m): 12:30am On May 24, 2015
dazekid:

I own both consoles, and d difference between both consoles are clear in terms of processing power which as u already knw results in better xter models, beta environment, higher framerates, higher resolutions... 8th generation consoles may nt hav pioneered a more advanced storage medium 2 carry game media. But d advancements are great... And d true potential of d ps4 has nt been realized, give it a few years and u will see d amazing power of d said console. Maybe uncharted 4 will convince u.

1 Like

Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by hakinze00(m): 7:07am On May 24, 2015
The difference btw xbox one nd ps4...ps4 as GGDDR5 while xbox one as ordinary DDR3,ps4 power grid is insyd d console y xbox one is outsyd xo more wires 2 deal wit in xbox one wich sucks...ps4 pad as much functions nd is mur comfortable dan dat of xbox one..
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by akocce(m): 9:02am On May 24, 2015
hakinze00:
The difference btw xbox one nd ps4...ps4 as GGDDR5 while xbox one as ordinary DDR3,ps4 power grid is insyd d console y xbox one is outsyd xo more wires 2 deal wit in xbox one wich sucks...ps4 pad as much functions nd is mur comfortable dan dat of xbox one..
actually, we're talking about ps3 vs ps4...
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by hakinze00(m): 11:57am On May 24, 2015
akocce:
actually, we're talking about ps3 vs ps4...
yh i knw but sum1 asked 4 d diff btw xbox one nd ps4...read d thread ursf
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by akocce(m): 6:27pm On May 24, 2015
hakinze00:
yh i knw but sum1 asked 4 d diff btw xbox one nd ps4...read d thread ursf
Aiit...
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by Flawlessangel(m): 12:44am On May 28, 2015
I just dropped in to say, if u have not experienced the greatness of d ps3 or any last gen gaming console...then dont bother jumping to ps4 or xbox one....

Why? because u are missing a whole lot man dats why... Go back and play last gen games so u can fully appreciate this gen
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by akocce(m): 12:57am On May 28, 2015
Flawlessangel:
I just dropped in to say, if u have not experienced the greatness of d ps3 or any last gen gaming console...then dont bother jumping to ps4 or xbox one....

Why? because u are missing a whole lot man dats why... Go back and play last gen games so u can fully appreciate this gen
I missed 2 Rockstar Games... Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3... Being looking 2 bag those 2 for long!

1 Like

Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by Flawlessangel(m): 8:34am On May 28, 2015
akocce:
I missed 2 Rockstar Games... Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3... Being looking 2 bag those 2 for long!
u missed dat and a whole lot more.. Including great games like uncharted 1,2,3, metalgear solid 4, god of war 3 and ascension, heavy rain, demon souls, mass effect series, bioshock series etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by akocce(m): 3:01pm On May 28, 2015
Flawlessangel:

u missed dat and a whole lot more.. Including great games like uncharted 1,2,3, metalgear solid 4, god of war 3 and ascension, heavy rain, demon souls, mass effect series, bioshock series etc
I only missed RDR and max payne cos I couldn't get em 2 buy or swap... Played d odas u mentioned
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by Flawlessangel(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2015
akocce:
I only missed RDR and max payne cos I couldn't get em 2 buy or swap... Played d odas u mentioned
u owned a ps3?
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by akocce(m): 12:28am On May 29, 2015
Flawlessangel:

u owned a ps3?
yea! I owned it...ps2, ps1, sega, NES,... Yea. I'm a Gamer
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by Flawlessangel(m): 3:46am On May 29, 2015
akocce:
yea! I owned it...ps2, ps1, sega, NES,... Yea. I'm a Gamer
oh good, so have u bought d most powerful console yet?
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by akocce(m): 10:25am On May 29, 2015
Flawlessangel:

oh good, so have u bought d most powerful console yet?
yea... Owned d ps4 since last year...
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by Flawlessangel(m): 7:39pm On May 29, 2015
akocce:
yea... Owned d ps4 since last year...
so what are your top 3 games on it so far
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by akocce(m): 9:48am On May 30, 2015
Flawlessangel:

so what are your top 3 games on it so far
GTA 5, Shadow of Mordor, the order: 1886, and PES 2015... Nt bot witcher yet
Re: Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 by Flawlessangel(m): 2:39pm On May 30, 2015
akocce:
GTA 5, Shadow of Mordor, the order: 1886, and PES 2015... Nt bot witcher yet
what of bloodborne? 2 hard for u?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Follow Me To Set Up My Gaming Pc Ryzen 5 2600x With Pictures / PS5 Games Exchange/sale/swap / Wwe 2k23 Iso Obb Data Files Ps5 Graphics Highly Compressed Psp Android Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.