Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

7 Nigerian Musicians Who Made It In Secular Music After Leaving The Church Choir - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 7 Nigerian Musicians Who Made It In Secular Music After Leaving The Church Choir (1520 Views)

9 Songs By Secular Artistes That Could Pass For Gospel Songs.(pics) / 2015 Top 20 Richest Nigerian Musicians, See Their Net Worth / 10 Legendary Musicians Who Never Learned How To Read Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Nigerian Musicians Who Made It In Secular Music After Leaving The Church Choir by Femish101(m): 6:43am On Feb 19, 2015
Here is a list of 7 Nigerian musicians who made it in secular music after leaving the church choir:

1. Waje
The gifted singer began singing gospel tunes at the Word of Faith Church, Benin. As an undergraduate at University of Nigeria Nsukka, Waje focused on her musical works such as school concerts and fellowships. Her major break came in 2008, when she featured in the P-Square hit track titled “Do Me.” After then , she went on to feature on ‘One Naira’ with M.I and produce her own songs. She released her self-titled debut album in 2013.

2. J Martins
During his undergraduate days at Institute of Management Technology, Enugu, the music act was involved in production and had a production company named Glorious Praise. He also produced for only gospel singers back then and was actively involved in the church choir, this gave him exposure to diverse musical instruments. Since he launched into the secular industry, he has had major collaborations with artistes like PSquare, Timaya, Waje and Youssou N’dour.

3. Wande Coal
The hip hop act began singing in the teenage choir in church alongside his friend, Chuddy K. Both singers were in a boy band called Salvation Boiz. Wande got his break in the Nigerian entertainment industry as a dancer. He continued improving on his vocal skills and got signed to Don Jazzy’s Mo’ Hits Records in 2006.

4. Wizkid
The Starboy began singing at the age of 11 in church with the stage name ‘Lil Prinz’ before rebranding to ‘Wizkid’ in 2006; and ever since, he has been able to make a name for himself in the industry. He got his major break into the music industry in 2010 with the hit singles ‘Holla At Your Boy,’ ‘Tease Me,’ and ‘Don’t Dull.’ He released his debut album ‘Superstar’ in 2011.

full list here:http://isaacfemi..com/2015/02/7-nigerian-musicians-who-made-it-in.html
Re: 7 Nigerian Musicians Who Made It In Secular Music After Leaving The Church Choir by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 19, 2015
I nor nor wetin I do moderators them just dey ban any how

Any way I dey go join choir tomorrow if dey can do it
#in obamas voice YES I CAN
Re: 7 Nigerian Musicians Who Made It In Secular Music After Leaving The Church Choir by rheether(f): 7:02am On Feb 19, 2015
WizKid kwa? Choir for which church? Wizkid is a Muslim jhoor. OP stop misleading the public pls.
Re: 7 Nigerian Musicians Who Made It In Secular Music After Leaving The Church Choir by specimenx(m): 7:07am On Feb 19, 2015
where is maheeeeeda, d naija unsuccessful kim k. she raaaan away from d church, she did not leave.
Re: 7 Nigerian Musicians Who Made It In Secular Music After Leaving The Church Choir by davdandam(m): 7:33am On Feb 19, 2015
op you are unenlightened o. ....90 percent of Nigerian musicians started from the church. ....there's no need for this list
Re: 7 Nigerian Musicians Who Made It In Secular Music After Leaving The Church Choir by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 19, 2015
that list isnt complete without VECTOR??

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Alikiba Ft M.I Abaga – Aje (remix) / VIDEO: Olamide – Journey Of A Thousand Miles [download] / Decoded - MSN (money Stop Nonsense) Prod By Kazeone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.