Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Okada Ban In Port Harcourt - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Okada Ban In Port Harcourt (1133 Views)

No Going Back On Okada Restriction ─ LASG / How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? / Okada Ban In Portharcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Ban In Port Harcourt by JaYy(m): 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2009
cryThe ban on Okada (bike) in Port Harcourt took effect on the 1st Jan 09. It has caused untold hardship on the masses. The car owners are left with no choice either cos of hours spent in endless traffic hold ups.
My friend said Okada riders are criminals and therefore the ban is ok.
The big question remains - Is Port Harcourt devoid of criminals / thieves now?
I have the feeling that the jobless riders will rather increase the criminal population.
Nairalanders put your voice to this issue.
Is the ban necessary?
Re: Okada Ban In Port Harcourt by Papasmith: 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2009
Okada ban is a good idea if other means of transportation and good roadnetworks are in place.

Let be positive minded, Govt want sanity in Port Harcourt City hopefully other villages around will enjoy the patronage of

the okada ban. Things may be hard initially for both masses and riders i know Nigerians will adjust quickly to the situations

For the criminals they are our brothers and we know them, let them go back to the farm.
Re: Okada Ban In Port Harcourt by iukpe: 3:12am On Jan 22, 2009
Its the 22nd of january today and I believe if Okada had been in place there would have been some casualties from bike accidents from 1st to this date.
Deaths, broken limbs etc. Some of the most horrible and gruesome accidents in the state have had okadas involved. If you go round the state capital today, you will see little or no accidents which used to be a daily thing.

Some lives have been saved. And that is the greatest thing on earth.
Kudos to the government.

Wider roads and more taxis is the way foward now.
taxis should learn to go anywhere and the drivers plan their routes according to passenger requests, thats what taxis are about, instead of waiting to fill up at one point like the buses.
The govt and NURTW should ban taxis from waiting in a line for passengers now that they are painted in the state taxi color as a means of forcing them to ply more routes to make money.
I think everything is kind of on track. It would have been impossible to see the real picture or implement anything with the okadas plying the roads.
Re: Okada Ban In Port Harcourt by Seun(m): 3:16pm On Jan 23, 2009
Moved to Autos. Why is this in the recycle bin?
Re: Okada Ban In Port Harcourt by Tonyet1(m): 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2009
oga seun, dont mind the mean moderator of the wrong section the topic must have probably been posted in

well this ban in Port Harcourt i swear has made lives so miserable, commuters now have to treck long and unimagined distances to work, infact u have to see how our ajebota bankers dey camel with slippers to work while their shoes dey inside the bag

its that bad

also, life in PH is a two way thing, FROM HOUSE >>> WORK, WORK>>>>>>HOUSE, no branching again, all spots and bars are really suffering it

pls post this on the front page, make u hear our PH folks they really suffer

(1) (Reply)

Mecerdes G Class,g500 Bullect Proof,2007 Model,electric Shock Handle,for D Doors / Need A Small Ride, Budget 700k (urgently) / 2003 Nissan Maxima Gle Sedan 4d - Transmission: Automatic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.