Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,857 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? (2197 Views)

MTN, Super Sports TV, Big Church Foundation Support Kick Against Rape Football / Super Sports In Anambra State For today's Local March (pics) / World Cup 2018: Do Super Eagles Need A Foreign Coach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2015
Has anyone noticed that super sport or super sport blitz spend more time viewing cricket news and highlights?,am sure they wouldnt mind showing a whole game on blitz.
Each time i switch to super sports blitz to get football news and highlights ,i end up getting angry because i hardly get anything from football except rugby. Football is the number one sport in the world, they should know that.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by ray4life(m): 6:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
me sef I tire for dem. the ting dey annoy me no be small.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2015
so annoying... angry
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Segadem(m): 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
dagbenga:
Has anyone noticed that super sport or super sport blitz spend more time viewing cricket news and highlights?,am sure they wouldnt mind showing a whole game on blitz.
Each time i switch to super sports blitz to get football news and highlights ,i end up getting angry because i hardly get anything from football except rugby. Football is the number one sport in the world, they should know that.
I thought I am/was the only one that notice it.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
someone should talk to them cause no matter how many times they air that sport, it wont be better than football, i figured south africa wants to force it down our throats since they aint a force in football.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
undecided
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Badosqi(m): 11:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
So so annoying. The most annoying part for me is that I don't even understand the game. How the score the game, how they win.
All I used to see is a guy throwing a ball(like david slinging a stone to goliath), a dude with a bat determined to bat the ball away and a couple of dudes running around to protect the ball 4rm touching the ground. Being watching this cricket highlights for years still I no understand.
Cricket the number one sport in INDIA and PAKISTAN

1 Like

Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:51am On Feb 20, 2015
Badosqi:
So so annoying. The most annoying part for me is that I don't even understand the game. How the score the game, how they win.
All I used to see is a guy throwing a ball(like david slinging a stone to goliath), a dude with a bat determined to bat the ball away and a couple of dudes running around to protect the ball 4rm touching the ground. Being watching this cricket highlights for years still I no understand.
Cricket the number one sport in INDIA and PAKISTAN
the game doesn't make sense to me too
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
Baddestguyp:
the game doesn't make sense to me too
That's because you(me sef)don't know the Rules$Regulations.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
Why we are complaining is because naija is a football incline nation if we are into Cricket we won't be complaining.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Badosqi(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
tuffgongjo:
Why we are complaining is because naija is a football incline nation if we are into Cricket we won't be complaining.
yes oo na football be the main thing here.
But wait sef how many countries dey participate well for cricket in Africa. I only know of Zimbabwe and south Africa thanks to SS BLITZ. Just 2 countries out of over 50 countries in Africa.
What of sports like Table tennis and basketball that more African countries participate in.
Cricket is so so so boring to me(thank God I don't know their yeye rules)
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by tuffgongjo(m): 10:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
Badosqi:
yes oo na football be the main thing here.
But wait sef how many countries dey participate well for cricket in Africa. I only know of Zimbabwe and south Africa thanks to SS BLITZ. Just 2 countries out of over 50 countries in Africa.
What of sports like Table tennis and basketball that more African countries participate in.
Cricket is so so so boring to me(thank God I don't know their yeye rules)
I think(not sure though)that Nigeria is the only British former Colony that's not into the Cricket game,I find both Cricket$Golf as the most Boring game ever invented.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
tuffgongjo:
I think(not sure though)that Nigeria is the only British former Colony that's not into the Cricket game,I find both Cricket$Golf as the most Boring game ever invented.
golf still makes a little sense in video/phone games. cricket/baseball makes no sense
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Badosqi(m): 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
tuffgongjo:
well we are into cricket too. Heard from channels tv sport like 2 years ago that we've gained promotion from 4th division to 3rd division in world cricket ranking. The best cricketing nations are the ones in division one like them SA, west Indies, india, pakistan, Aussies etc. Nigerians generally don't have interest in the game so we are not gaining enough points to rank higher so that our team too can participate against all these cricket nations. I am sure the players making our team are those that schooled in foreign countries where cricket is played.
I hate Golf(rich man game) with passion, so so boring and those guys dey earn ehen. The only interesting part is when you are watching their highlights.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Badosqi(m): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
Baddestguyp:
golf still makes a little sense in video/phone games. cricket/baseball makes no sense
na true oo. I love golf games on fone atleast i understand their game on fone. I used to download sport games to understand sports i know nothing of, but cricket or baseball(one of the most popular sport in USA) game no work for me. I don't just understand that yeye game.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by tuffgongjo(m): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
Badosqi:
well we are into cricket too. Heard from channels tv sport like 2 years ago that we've gained promotion from 4th division to 3rd division in world cricket ranking. The best cricketing nations are the ones in division one like them SA, west Indies, india, pakistan, Aussies etc. Nigerians generally don't have interest in the game so we are not gaining enough points to rank higher so that our team too can participate against all these cricket nations. I am sure the players making our team are those that schooled in foreign countries where cricket is played.
I hate Golf(rich man game) with passion, so so boring and those guys dey earn ehen. The only interesting part is when you are watching their highlights.
Glad to hear about the Promotion(na for dem pocket sha),I see Golf as the Sport for the old folks sha but that sport requires more money b4 you can play it which is another turn off for me.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
Badosqi:
na true oo. I love golf games on fone atleast i understand their game on fone. I used to download sport games to understand sports i know nothing of, but cricket or baseball(one of the most popular sport in USA) game no work for me. I don't just understand that yeye game.
the worst thing is there are so many baseball movies and I've watched so many, yet it still makes no sense
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Badosqi(m): 10:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
tuffgongjo:
Glad to hear about the Promotion(na for dem pocket sha),I see Golf as the Sport for the old folks sha but that sport requires more money b4 you can play it which is another turn off for me.
hahahaha sport for the old/rich. Very annoying to get to the top unlike other sports that u can wriggle ur way up easily with ur skill. Golf is a combination of talent, skill and ur wealth to participate in their main events. Wahala for individual sports unlike team sports like futbol
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by tuffgongjo(m): 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
Badosqi:
hahahaha sport for the old/rich. Very annoying to get to the top unlike other sports that u can wriggle ur way up easily with ur skill. Golf is a combination of talent, skill and ur wealth to participate in their main events. Wahala for individual sports unlike team sports like futbol
Any Individual sport is always difficult to make it to the top if you have no money to back it up no matter how talented you are unlike Football Basketball et el.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Badosqi(m): 11:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
Baddestguyp:
the worst thing is there are so many baseball movies and I've watched so many, yet it still makes no sense
hehehehe LOL. batman strikes the ball with is bat and then u see players running up and down like Ewu Gambia with their crazy fans chanting. I don't even know the one that is easy to understand between cricket and baseball since they are both the same thing. Ball to bat, bat to ball and ball to hand or ground.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Badosqi(m): 11:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
tuffgongjo:
Any Individual sport is always difficult to make it to the top if you have no money to back it up no matter how talented you are unlike Football Basketball et el.
abi na oo. Same way some tennis players were complaining earlier this year that it is really hard going to competition whether grand slam or not since it is only the player that finish well in these competitions that earn well compared with early losers. So you must you ur own personal money to do the traveling and hustle till u get endorsement deals that will benefit ones career well.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by tuffgongjo(m): 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
Badosqi:
abi na oo. Same way some tennis players were complaining earlier this year that it is really hard going to competition whether grand slam or not since it is only the player that finish well in these competitions that earn well compared with early losers. So you must you ur own personal money to do the traveling and hustle till u get endorsement deals that will benefit ones career well.
It is what is killing our Talented individual sport players,I don't think anyone will support a Tennis or ping pong player with his/her money in this obodo naija.
Even Forlan Diego has to abandon Tennis for Football so he can raise enough dough to support his siter after her accident.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by Badosqi(m): 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
tuffgongjo:
It is what is killing our Talented individual sport players,I don't think anyone will support a Tennis or ping pong player with his/her money in this obodo naija.
Even Forlan Diego has to abandon Tennis for Football so he can raise enough dough to support his siter after her accident.
very sad and annoying, that is why it is very hard to see Africa players upthere in these individual sport. Only Kevin Anderson(white) from South Africa in all Africa is up there in Lawn Tennis.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by tuffgongjo(m): 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
Badosqi:
very sad and annoying, that is why it is very hard to see Africa players upthere in these individual sport. Only Kevin Anderson(white) from South Africa in all Africa is up there in Lawn Tennis.
Very awful the only top African golfer that I know in the last couple of year is Ernie Els(white also),even in tennis it is this year that naija just have a guy made the top 30 list.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by royale442(m): 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2015
I was about create a thread about it before I saw this.
I tell you....it annoys me a lot, I think SS are trying to promote the sport because they are good at it, but most Nigerians don't like the game.
Re: Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? by illswift(m): 11:37pm On Feb 28, 2015
They should create anoda blitz for west Africa Abeg and just leave us with soccer and a lil tennis

(1) (Reply)

Pic Of Chelsea Fc Football Jersey 2015/2016 / Arsenal Fans, See This... / Manchester United Vs PSG 0-2 - Highlights & Goals (download Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.