Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,636 members, 7,840,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Cbn Bank Of Nigeria Shuts Official Forex Windows - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cbn Bank Of Nigeria Shuts Official Forex Windows (518 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Shuts Its Doors As A Result Of Too Much Customers Today / China Visit: Chinese Yuan Now Part Of Nigeria's Official Forex / CBN Bank Verification Number: Can You Use ATM Without Having BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cbn Bank Of Nigeria Shuts Official Forex Windows by mascotbest(f): 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2015
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Wednesday, announced the closure of its foreign exchange (forex) windows- the Retail Dutch Auction (RDAS) and the Wholesale Dutch Auction Sale (WDAS), thereby shutting out the Bureau de Change operators from forex auction trading.

Essentially, the action has conferred on the interbank market activities the power to determine the exchange rate value of the country's legal tender, which could end of the official exchange rate band pegged at N168 to N176 during the last devaluation of the currency.

The move, according to CBN, was aimed at averting the emergence of a multiple exchange rate regime and preserve the country's forex reserves, which has plummeted in recent times.

According to CBN, the float exchange rate regime, which it adopted following the liberalisation of the forex market, has been majorly successful in ensuring stability in line with its mandate.

In a statement signed by the bank's Director of Corporate Communications Department, Ibrahim Mu'azu, henceforth, all demand for forex should be channelled to the Interbank Foreign Exchange Market.
Read more...

1 Share

Re: Cbn Bank Of Nigeria Shuts Official Forex Windows by ICHINONYE(m): 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2015
If dis is true its a wonderful news
Re: Cbn Bank Of Nigeria Shuts Official Forex Windows by simplemach(m): 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
E no concern me, my own na anything wen go make the naira make e come back to #120. If CBN like make dem close the forex Pigeon hole no be only window.
Re: Cbn Bank Of Nigeria Shuts Official Forex Windows by Pavore9: 3:44am On Feb 20, 2015
Just wish the Naira would bounce back.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need Of Gallstone Supplier / Free Ict Training / Help!how Can I Find Market For My Ultra Blue Chemical!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.