Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Islam Influenced My Music — ASA - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Islam Influenced My Music — ASA (428 Views)

"Sauce Kid Influenced Dammy Krane" - Nigerian Claim On Twitter / Mr Eazi Apologizes For Saying Ghanaian Music Influenced Nigerian Music / Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Influenced My Music — ASA by olokfor: 4:22am On Feb 20, 2015
One of the most respected Nigerian singers, Bukola Elemide, well known as Asa, has revealed that her Muslim background influenced her music.
She made this disclosure in a recent interview with My Africa Podcast.

According to her, she was a Muslim for about two to three years when she lived with her grandparents who practised the religion. Asa explained that she converted to Christianity when she was in the high school.

“I come from a Muslim background, and I actually had a stint with Islam. I was a Muslim for about two years or three years. I was a Muslim after high school because I lived with my grandparents. My grandparents were Muslims from Lagos Island, and yes it did influence the way I see things and the way I write,” the world respected artiste said.

Asa further said, “It (Islam) influenced the song ‘Awé’. You see just near where I used to live, there was a mosque, and we had a munedžim who calls out prayers. He would early morning by 5 O’clock, ‘Allaaaah’. That was amazing, It just inspired ‘Away’, so yeah, Islam, Christianity is always going to be part of my history.”

http://www.metroparrot.net/2015/02/islam-influenced-my-music-asa.html
Re: Islam Influenced My Music — ASA by Nobody: 4:31am On Feb 20, 2015
Nice it inspired you to do good.
Re: Islam Influenced My Music — ASA by vjsmiles: 5:16am On Feb 20, 2015
COOL.
WONDER WHERE DADDY SHOWKEY GOT HIS INSPIRATION FROM angry
Re: Islam Influenced My Music — ASA by Akkord4gov: 5:27am On Feb 20, 2015
Good
Re: Islam Influenced My Music — ASA by englishmart(m): 6:58am On Feb 20, 2015
cool. But, who influenced zule zoo's style of music

(1) (Reply)

What If Jonathan And Buhari Affirmation Victory? / Youtube Reveals Plans For Monthly Subscription To Remove Its Ads / See The Only Search Engine Drake Fans Need -mouaue.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.