Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,362 members, 7,957,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:17 AM

Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You (886 Views)

Habits That Can Ruin Your Life / The Origin Of The Popular Yoruba Saying :D / Why Saying SORRY can Build Your Life And Help You Prosper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by MegMich(m): 12:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
The word 'am sorry' is over used. It is good we've been socialized to be respectful and courteous but we've to apologize or the right reasons.

There are plenty of times when you'll have to apologize in life, but is there a time when you shouldn't say you're sorry? Yes! You just have to recognize when to throw out a mea culpa and when a frank discussion with your friend is required instead.

Here is how saying sorry can ruin you.

*.To the world you are weak. Nobody wants to hire or work with a weak person.

*.The world doesn’t take what you have to say seriously because you are constantly breaking your word and then saying sorry..

*.You yourself don’t take yourself seriously because all the times you’ve let yourself off from owning up.

*.You aren’t as liked. Why? Because the world doesn’t treat people who arene’t responsible enough to take care of their shit so they don’t have to say sorry anymore as good as people who are on top of their shit.

*.You accomplish less and then blame the world for why your life sucks.
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
As as how naa? sad
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by simplemach(m): 12:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nawaoooo, one time they tell us to always say sorry even when we are right, another time again someone is saying that we should stop saying it. I don dey confuse o.
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by okonja(m): 12:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
op, Do you know the word "STOP" can save you from many unnecessary discussions?...
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by Tallesty1(m): 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
Too Much Of Everything Is Bad.
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by elantraceey(f): 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
It all boils down to saying the right words at the right time .
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by MegMich(m): 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
okonja:
op, Do you know the word "STOP" can save you from many unnecessary discussions?...

As as how abeg?
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by MegMich(m): 1:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
wordsbase:
As as how naa? sad
It is self explanatory abeg!
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
MegMich:

First off, by "sorry ruining my life" you mean i should actuay stop saying sorry whatever the situation or circumstance.

Now addressing your points.

* Sorry doesn't make you weak.. When you are sorry about your mistakes and are vocal about it, it shows responsibility. Saying sorry doesn't necessarily mean kowtowing before whoever it is you are apologising to.

* Why should you constantly break your word?

* Responsible people take themselves seriously.

* i think ihave explained your fourth point away.

* how does saysaying sorry amount to accompliaccomplishing less? I don't see the logic.
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
MegMich:

First off, by "sorry ruining my life" you mean i should actuay stop saying sorry whatever the situation or circumstance.

Now addressing your points.

* Sorry doesn't make you weak.. When you are sorry about your mistakes and are vocal about it, it shows responsibility. Saying sorry doesn't necessarily mean kowtowing before whoever it is you are apologising to.

* Why should you constantly break your word?

* Responsible people take themselves seriously.

* i think ihave explained your fourth point away.

* how does saysaying sorry amount to accomplishing less? I don't see the logic.
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by okonja(m): 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
MegMich:

As as how abeg?

Anyhow you see it cheesy
Re: Why Saying SORRY Always Can Ruin You by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
Instead of sorry all the time just do the right thing.

(1) (Reply)

Did Australia Lose Their Original British Culture When They Kicked Them Out Of / Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? / Beautiful Insight Into The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.