Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

"Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina (14557 Views)

Nasir Yammama: The Founder Of Verdant: The Farmer's Mobile Companion / Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh / PHOTOS: Eko Rice Will Be Ready In Six Months- Akinwunmi Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Truckpusher(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
anonimi:

What do you think that says about the people's psyche and the implications on the political dynamics of Boko Haram?
And no one is asking those questions at all and that has also strengthened the resolve of other regions should Buhari win ,after all it is obvious that bo ko haram has a purpose and not the usual Islamic sharia state as purported by blind gullible followers of Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Desteenee(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
jethro2:
The beneficiary of this government agricultural programmes are mainly political farmers and corporate farmers that has little link or no link to farm at all.
Majority of smallholders farmers that constitute the main producers of food crops never gets any form of assistance from the government.
Do u have proof sir?
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Rexyl(m): 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
omonnakoda:
BUT WHERE IS THE FOOD?

Some in the stomach nah... and others at home and in the markets.
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by legendsilver(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Desperation is bad o! From;
1) Youwin
To
2) Farmer's president

Am waiting for the next PDP shiit to hit front page again grin

Lols

Sai Buhari jawe
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by dahmie2013: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
"You go ask them in Jigawa. You go Ask them in Katsina. Ask them in Sokoto. Ask them in Kano. Ask them in Bauchi, and ask them in Gombe."
Are we suppose to ask ghosts? Who are d ppl there? Boko haram has finished economic activities in those states. 3.2 million farmers, maybe u created that in ur head.

1 Like

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by legendsilver(m): 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
Desteenee:
Do u have proof sir?
another gullible question.
Prove kor, provoke ni grin grin
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Rexyl(m): 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
jethro2:
The beneficiary of this government agricultural programmes are mainly political farmers and corporate farmers that has little link or no link to farm at all.
Majority of smallholders farmers that constitute the main producers of food crops never gets any form of assistance from the government.

Not at all. Farmers were met and registered in the villages and towns irrespective of any affiliation whatsoever. I was part of the team that conducted the registration 4 & 3 years ago and the farmers have benefited for three years consecutively.

3 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Desteenee(m): 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
legendsilver:
another gullible question.
Prove kor, provoke ni grin grin
if u re pained by the question u already know what to do or should i say "Go n die".
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by remzytimer: 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
[b] I say is the best democratic president so far! if our past leaders has done as much GEJ we would have gone far by now
GEJ til 2019.....
[/b]
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Nakarey(m): 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
If that's true,kudos to GEJ.
But how come prices of food stuffs are not reducing? Or are all the produce being pushed to their 'farmers president' in Aso rock??
Sorry mr minister,either ways the effect is not being felt anywhere in Nigeria and if it can't be quantified,to me nothing has being done!
We need a GENERAL president not a 'farmers' president'

1 Like

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Eluwilussit(m): 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
For those who are not privileged to leave the confines of nigeria, I want to humbly point to some truth that might not be so obvious. Agriculture is the bedrock of industrialization. Food is the most important need of man, after self-preservation. Any nation that can't feed itself, will have limited success, no matter how industrialized they are.

America and Canada are doing so well today because they are self-sufficient when it comes to food. Whatever they import, is due to what is called comparative advantage and also relative advantage in world trade/economics. Not because they can't produce them.

If all jonathan achieves is self-sufficiency in food, he would have done his fatherland a great service. We need to encourage him and applaud him where he does well. With food on our tables, we can think of how to advance technologically. A hungry man they say, is an angry man. 99% of Boko boys were hungry. Now they are angry. Our past leaders, Buhari inclusive, failed those almajiris.

We should give credit when and where it is due. Jonathan's administration's only poor mark is the NE and that's with good reason.

I give Jonathan a pass mark, though I am not his supporter or PDP member. He has done what Obasanjo couldn't do. FESTAC 77 things still on my mind. Shame.
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by allanphash7(m): 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
i want to beleive you have not started buying foods in bulk or start giving woman money to go to the market
thinkdip:

mr man how much was a bag of rice before, I think 10,000 or so now u buy it for as less as 7000 or 5500 depending on ur choice, when last did u as a person encounter food scarcity since Jonathan became president? or u have forgotten how food scarcity occur in Nigeria like fuel before. mr ma u don't know anything. even a blind man who cant see has better cognisance than you
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
omonnakoda:
BUT WHERE IS THE FOOD?
in the market...when you start making money, you can go buy some undecided

3 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by legendsilver(m): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
Desteenee:
if u re pained by the question u already know what to do or should i say "Go n die".
another olodo from the family of Goat and Yam thesis. Get a life and free urself from cluelessness grin grin grin
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by jdilight(m): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
jethro2:

Political farmers or not the price of food stuff did not get high during Xmas meaning, who ever benefited from Gej agricultural program did not waste his or her money. This is a sign of fighting corruption.

1 Like

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Sajio(m): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
jethro2:
... Uncle you can lie oooo!! am a strong beneficiary of this government agricultural development... I don't know anybody in this government but good policies had made it easy for every one of us!! lots of graduate are investing in the business.. and you can still have your job while investing in the farm hence I and my family are die hard fan of Gej. God bless Gej. God bless Nigeria and Nigerians@large.

1 Like

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Objektive: 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
SOUND ANALYSIS, THE MORE THE NORTH RULE US, THE POORER THE NORTHERNERS WILL BE AND THE RULERS WILL WANT THE SW,SE AND SS TO

SLOW DOWN FOR THE NORTH TO CATCH UP. THEREBY PUTTING EVERYBODY ON GO SLOW IN THE NAME OF ''EVEN DEVELOPEMENT''

Truckpusher:
If he didn't do much for the North the song you're hearing right now would have been louder with much more bitter tunes resonating from that quarter .Though the fact still remains that a diversified economy will help the country's GDP and stop the hasty economic policies that is usually based on reactions anytime the black gold is down.Jonathan has made far more reaching economic policies than any of his predecessor though as long as he's a minority in a system where his region has been cheated and marginalized for far too long there is nothing he will do that will get him a round of applause from the people that wants Nigeria and Nigerians to remain in the dark .
After all ,once you can keep the people down economically they will be too hungry to ask questions.
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Desteenee(m): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
legendsilver:
another olodo from the family of Goat and Yam thesis. Get a life and free urself from cluelessness grin grin grin
I prefer yam and goat thesis to attempting Waec for the 20th time @ age 39 like u. ewu mmehhhh
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Sajio(m): 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
allanphash7:
Not only farmer but fisherman aswell

How much is a bag of rice as at today?
How much is garri

Even beans that is not everybody eat it is even more expensive than rice

Nonsense... Brother let's be realistic here; b4 now Mama Gold was sold @N11-12k. guess what... I bought it N8500 this last December.. kudos to Gej and Akin..

Wo! Sai baba joor
sai baba jare
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Sajio(m): 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
allanphash7:
Not only farmer but fisherman aswell

How much is a bag of rice as at today?
How much is garri

Even beans that is not everybody eat it is even more expensive than rice

Nonsense...

Wo! Sai baba joor
sai baba jare
... Brother let's be realistic here; b4 now Mama Gold was sold @N11-12k. guess what... I bought it N8500 this last December.. kudos to Gej and Akin..

2 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by gwales: 4:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
thanks to soludo, we now understand that all this statistics and achievement are being cooked
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by atlwireles: 4:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
Seun:
If it's true that GEJ's administration has done much to help farmers in the north, then it's a pity that it most likely won't affect their votes at all.

Elections in Nigeria are not based on achievements, where you worship and the language you speak play the major role.

2 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by ken13: 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
slade31:
Magana abunchi ba wasa
Ka na da gaskiya.
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Ahmeduana(m): 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
cold:
If the Kano state governor,a member of the opposition saw it fit to name a 100 hectares after the minister in the present cabinet,then surely GEJ must be doing something right.
IS 300 NOT 100.
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by zicoraads: 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
This is what I expected from his campaign team, not the FFK style. No one, even the opposition would deny his achievements in the Agricultural sector. Sadly though, that region that benefitted a lot from those achievements don't 'give a damn' about him. They would rather vote their 'brother' in. This is just the story of Nigeria politics. Sad!!!

2 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Truckpusher(m): 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
Objektive:
SOUND ANALYSIS, THE MORE THE NORTH RULE US, THE POORER THE NORTHERNERS WILL BE AND THE RULERS WILL WANT THE SW,SE AND SS TO

SLOW DOWN FOR THE NORTH TO CATCH UP. THEREBY PUTTING EVERYBODY ON GO SLOW IN THE NAME OF ''EVEN DEVELOPEMENT''

The North has a system that encourages feudalism and I don't see that going away with a wishful thinking. Has anyone bothered to ask themselves why the Northern oligarch despite holding sway in the corridors of power didn't do much that would project the image of the North and her people but instead they deliberately left their people uneducated in comparison to what Awolowo did for the Yorubas?
The truth is GEJ's almajiri school to me is a well orchestrated revolution against the evil plans of the northern oligarch , don't be surprised that the sentiment that Boko Haram enjoys today and their rise was as a result of the oppression meted out to the ordinary people who became fed up with the ' doctrine of 'do as I say but don't do what I do'
They have used Islam conveniently to keep their people down while maintaining a stranglehold on the resources of the South, created this atmosphere of 'we against them' for the poor uneducated northerner to buy which makes it difficult to effect any changes in the political landscape that would represent the true aspiration of the Nigerian people.
Jonathan wasn't a fool when he built those schools, if you noticed that the problem between you and your neighbor to coexist peacefully is a result of any internal crisis within that house I think it is paramount to help his children become better people by given them opportunities they've not had from their own parents and by doing that you'll save yourself from a lot of problems.
When I shout ' Jonathan or nothing ' it is not for any personal gain but I have seen that this man has foresight that most Nigerian youths that are bent on the get rich now or die trying would never have in their lifetime.
If anyone of us expects an utopian Nigerian society overnight then a lot would be required but again are we ready to pay and make sacrifices that comes with the burden of nation building ?

5 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Fellonigerians: 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
Seun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnfgbqMY14U

How true are these claims? Unfortunately they didn't show any of the farmers "not on the Internet" that benefitted from the project, so ...

But OBJ is a farmer, and he doesnt like GEJ...
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by bbjummy: 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
Great farmer I hear o. The last time I checked; d cheapest bag of rice cost 9700 against 4500 in 2012, a measure of garri in d North 180 against 80 in 2012, a measure of maize cost 100 against 60 in 2012. Great farmer ,I hail thee.
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
Pres.Jonathan has actually perform very well in.the agric.sector.

Let the good work continue.

1 Like

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by samplegirl(f): 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
Seun:

How true are these claims? Unfortunately they didn't show any of the farmers "not on the Internet" that benefitted from the project, so ...

An economist will tell you that when there is a devaluation of currency and it does not affect the price of goods and services then the economic team are doing a great job. So also if there was a serious flooding as it were in 2012 and it did not affect the food supply or trigger astronomical food price it means the government and those in charge of agriculture know their job and are doing it. You don't really need any picture to convince you. Of what need is the picture when some people will still not believe even if there is audio or video to that effect. They will still claim it was arrainged.

1 Like

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by zicoraads: 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
dahmie2013:
"You go ask them in Jigawa. You go Ask them in Katsina. Ask them in Sokoto. Ask them in Kano. Ask them in Bauchi, and ask them in Gombe."
Are we suppose to ask ghosts? Who are d ppl there? Boko haram has finished economic activities in those states. 3.2 million farmers, maybe u created that in ur head.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong! None of those places you mentioned has lost even an inch of its territory to Boko Haram. Even Borno and Yobe who have lost territories still have farmers that are more than that number. What is 3.2 million farmers? Am guessing you haven't been to any northern state.

2 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by themano: 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
Seun:

Very Very Very True. My maiguard left for Jos for Xmas and didnt return as planned. The guy called to say he is busy doing Cabbage and Lettuce farming season in Jos area.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Start Snail Farming With 40,000 Naira Only? Directives From Old Farmers. / SONGHAI FARMS TRAINING: Let's Plan & Attend Together / Dwarf hybrid pawpaw Seed & Seedling Is Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.