Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Who Wants To Write A School Drama? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Wants To Write A School Drama? (2254 Views)

Asunder....(family Drama) / Write A Description: Describe Her Beauty. / Short Drama Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Seun(m): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2006
Hello,

You know I've been working on photo-comics, right? Well, now that my business model is complete, I'm in a race to publish as many stories as possible using the medium!

I need someone to write a realistic and educative character-driven school drama series, preferably involving sports, hostel life, and not just academics. My aim is to use your drama to create a photocomic that Nigerian schools will endorse and parents will actually buy for their children.

I am willing to pay a good price for any original script that I choose. A nice amount that you can use to supplement your primary income (if you live in Nigeria). You'll be asked to name your price when you submit your story.

So, I'm waiting. Is there anyone here with a great idea for a school drama? Would you like to share or sell your idea? Can you script it in full? Then please let me know.
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Seun(m): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2006
Nobody? Is it that Nigerians living in Nigeria absolutely can't write or what?
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by dennylove(m): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2006
SEUN,if any schul dey look for one,abeg give me the 411!!!i be WRITER, i be COMPOSER,i be DRAMATISER.if anybody dey interesting make them call me, abeg seun.
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 29, 2006
How much will you be willing to pay considering the manuscript becomes yours and any copyright and financial gain that will acrue from the finished product will become entirely yours? Your best option is to start writing the drama, you can ask for people on the forum to help make additions or corrections as you go along, you'll be getting input from others for free.

If you are waiting for someone to just give you an entire manuscript for free, you'd wait till Jesus comes!

I have 2 books published on the market now, from the amount i realised (not that much), i have realised the power of a simple manuscript! I would probably make 100x more money by developing my own manuscript!
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Seun(m): 6:40am On Aug 29, 2006
dennylove, let's see what you've got. Let's see the stories you've written for friends and family.

I'm writing my own family adventure drama, of course, but I'd also like to publish a school drama because it would be easy to hire students to model for a photocomic based on such a story. My business model calls for a variety of stories to be published instead of just the one I'm working on.

davidylan, do you have any drama you want to sell? For how much? I probably can't afford writers - like you- who are based abroad. Unfortunately it seems that Nigerians at home are not very creative. The story idea itself is nothing - I can come up with a story idea as easily as breathing, but it's the development and promotion that matters.

The way things are, I might have to write all my stories myself, hire models and take the pictures myself, layout the photocomic myself, print and promote it myself, then squeeze money out of it myself. I feel a little shy to be doing all this in the eye of the public, but I think obscurity is worse than looking silly.
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Seun(m): 6:56am On Aug 29, 2006
Ok, Nairaland members. How much can you write for 20,000 naira? I need a good school drama.
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2006
No Seun, i do not write dramas.
N20,000? shocked for a whole drama? That's very small compared to what you would likely make when you finish with it. The owner will beat you o!

Your best bet like i said earlier would be to start writing, post it in here and many of us can help you polish it up or at least give our idea of how good it is. If only all these sycophantic "more, more" illiterates will give others breathing space to do an objective criticism!

Fire on boy, stop waiting for someone to sell a ready made story for you. Ya got a lot upstairs yourself!
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Seun(m): 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2006
N20,000? for a whole drama? That's very small compared to what you would likely make when you finish with it.
This logic is faulty. Does a landlord have the right to charge 100,000 naira per month for a 2,000 naira per month appartment because the occupant is making millions? Do rich people buy pure water at a different price?

So the price of a script sold to a director is about the effort involved in writing it. How many hours does it take to write a small play that will make it worth more than 20,000 naira? That's half a month's salary!

The fact is that most stories do not more than 0.00 naira in the market, so why should I pay through my nose when I don't know whether it will be successful or not?

Bear in mind that after getting the script I have to adapt it to photocomic format, hire models to pose for me, trim the pictures to the required size and add dialogue, advertise, and then attempt to sell the product. The more expensive the script, the greater the likelihood that I won't make enough profit to continue the project. Once that happens, then the writer can forget about making any money.

Isn't it better to make a humble amount of money from your story than to die with it?
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by hayan(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2006
Hi seun, I'm quite intrested in your request for the school drama, but you'v not define what u want, the drama, is it for pry or secondary school students or even tertiary, then do you think i can send a script on trust to you? Then do you want to buy the script with the copyright or u just want to direct the script?
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Seun(m): 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2006
is it for pry or secondary school students or even tertiary

Junior Secondary School level. JS1, JS2 and JS3 students. Or Primary 4-6 level students.

do you think i can send a script on trust to you?

Yes, you can. I have no interest in stealing someone's script when I'm going to be selling the result in public!

Then do you want to buy the script with the copyright or u just want to direct the script?
This one is tricky. The minimum I need is the right to create photocomics based on your story and sell them. The maximum is the complete ownership of the story. It depends on which one I can afford and how consistent you are.

Here's what I wrote to another interested writer today:

[b]Hello C,

I'd love to have a character-driven school drama which can be used to
make 3 to 12 self-contained photo-comics of 50-80 pages each.

The stories should be such that school-age children will want to read
them and their parents will be happy to let them do so. I expect that
it would be educative, humorous, and very addictive. In particular,
it should be relevant to school-age children.

For now, I think I'm willing to pay 20,000 naira for 3 episodes of
such a story (to create 3 self-contained photocomic books of 50-80
pages each using the same characters)

The story should take place within a school compound and involve
students and teachers interacting in class, at the playground, and
various venues within the school premises before, during, and after
school.

Can you do this and do you have any demonstrable experience with
writing? On one hand, I'm willing to pay for something that's good.
On the other hand, if I overpay for a script I might not be able to
make any profit to reinvest in future stories that you may write.

Cheers,
Seun Osewa.
http://www.seunosewa.com/[/b]

However, I'm also working on my own story about an interesting family with a magical stone.
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by nico(m): 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2006
@Seun,
I'm still at school, so I'm tired of it anyways. Once they make me dress up as king Arthur. ( those sadist )
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Damsal(f): 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2006
@ Seun
When i saw this thread i though to ma self this guy just doesn't stop, does he? not that it's a bad thing it's actually very good you're very ambitious it's very er, erm attractive . Don't worry i'm not hitting on u just saying that i like that about u .

u broading your horizons and testing out differnt waters and different trying out differnt things.  Just don't become a jack of all trade master of none.

davidylan:

No Seun, i do not write dramas.
Your best bet like i said earlier would be to start writing, post it in here and many of us can help you polish it up or at least give our idea of how good it is. If only all these sycophantic "more, more" illiterates will give others breathing space to do an objective criticism!

Like Davidylan i don't often write drama's, onless i have a good reason to lipsrsealed. Actually i could write the drama for u for free but since i left school couple of years back and ma change of location won't make me write something relevant to Nigerian school kids, so like David said why don't u start writing and post it here and we could all help you with inputs into the story.

davidylan link=topic=21592.msg583301#msg583301 date=1156824839:

I have 2 books published on the market now, from the amount i realised (not that much), i have realised the power of a simple manuscript! I would probably make 100x more money by developing my own manuscript!

what are your books called i'd love to read them, and probably get an autograph  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by neduson(m): 11:24am On Sep 01, 2006
seun as we talk i have a drama script on my hand i wrote it during my service year.it was acted by my platoon and it was highly commended.but the audience will better be undergraduate or atleast ss student. my add is businesslandnig@yahoo.com
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Dumsy(f): 9:24am On Sep 04, 2006
Well Seun,the price is cool and i like your idea of looking for who will do the writing and paying a handsome sum in returns.Well am a young writer but i base my writing mostly on christian drama.If you are in need of a cast,i can volunteer my self.
Re: Who Wants To Write A School Drama? by Seun(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2006
[size=4pt][s]I would like to apologise to everybody here because my comic production business model has crumbled and metamorphosed into a commercial library project. As such, I can' currently pay for stories.

Details later, but I feel so bad about this because I was really preparing to make it in photocomics. [/s][/size] sad

Details later; this decision was too rash.

(1) (Reply)

Who'll Save James (A Book On Corruption) By Sulaiman Lukeman / Incidence(s) In School (i .i .s) / Please Don't Say No By Chuks Onyiuke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.