Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Please Help Simulation / Modelling Tutorial Issues. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help Simulation / Modelling Tutorial Issues. (767 Views)

Learn Solidworks 3D Design And Simulation. / This World Could Be A Giant Computer Simulation.!!! / Simulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Simulation / Modelling Tutorial Issues. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
hello and good day,

For those who have done simulation and modelling, for Oil and gas companies, i see some people talking about hysys, i have ransacked the whole internet for that tool, obviously i havent even seen the setup and the one i saw , wasnt correct.
Hence i saw on one forum say linkedin that VBA Programming and excel is good for that sort of thing,

just a bit confused now, what tool do you think is best? can i go study matlab fully? as i see also its good for that sort of thing

#ConfusedFellow...
Re: Please Help Simulation / Modelling Tutorial Issues. by hupernikao: 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
gimakon:
hello and good day,

For those who have done simulation and modelling, for Oil and gas companies, i see some people talking about hysys, i have ransacked the whole internet for that tool, obviously i havent even seen the setup and the one i saw , wasnt correct.
Hence i saw on one forum say linkedin that VBA Programming and excel is good for that sort of thing,

just a bit confused now, what tool do you think is best? can i go study matlab fully? as i see also its good for that sort of thing

#ConfusedFellow...

Thr ar several application available for modelin and simulation. it depends on ur focus area. even in oil and gas industries. maybe u can make ur question area specific then I can help u out.
In oil and gas industry model simulation can cover areas like
process modelin
flow assurance
plant design
energy system
geo science
petroleum exploration
etc....

Mainly HYSYS is for process simulation and control systems though several other can b achieve wit it.

Note also dt Excel VBA is a very powerful tools dt u can use to do many tins depending on ur expertise.

(1) (Reply)

Protecting Our Cyperspace / Get Your Business Online This Year. For As Low As 25k And Even Lower. / Responsive Web Design !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.