Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

6 Reasons Why Your Skin Is Becoming Oily - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Reasons Why Your Skin Is Becoming Oily (816 Views)

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Shave Off Your Pubic Hair. / Ladies; 6 Reasons Why You May Feel Pain In Your Vagina / 6 Reasons Why You Should Shave Your Pubic Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Your Skin Is Becoming Oily by siraj1402(m): 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
Are you experiencing a sudden bout of oily skin? Did you once have perfectly flawless skin and then wake up one morning to realise you now have oily skin? You're not alone.

Nothing is more frustrating than an oily face as this means you constantly have to touch up your make-up. While most ladies currently adopt some form of beauty regimen or the other, the truth is that sometimes this contributes to the problem. The make-up we use is also another factor that sometimes triggers the onslaught of oily skin.

Here are 6 reasons why your skin is becoming oily.

1. Overuse of skin products: Ideally you should cleanse, tone and moisturise everyday and exfoliate every other day. However in a situation where you overdo these things, you could dry out the skin which leads to drying out of the skin and subsequently, the skin overproduces oil to make up for it. Just like that your battling oily skin.
2. Sleeping with make-up: Doing this over time could lead to a build-up of product and over time, you begin to develop an oily skin.
3. Excess heat: The increase in heat can lead to an increase in oil production which is why the skin is generally oilier during the hot months.
4. Medication: Certain medication like birth control pills can lead to an increase in oil production causing oily skin.
5. Stress: When the body is stressed, it produces more androgen hormones, which leads to more oil production and consequently oily skin.
6. Diet: It's no news that certain types of food can lead to increased oil production, constant consumption of food that is rich in oil is a sure-fire way of developing oily skin.

http://pulse.ng/beauty/beauty-tips-6-reasons-why-your-skin-is-becoming-oily-id3503796.html?utm_campaign=daily-2015-02-21&utm_medium=email&utm_source=beauty-tips-6-reasons-why-your-skin-is-becoming-oily

Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Skin Is Becoming Oily by siraj1402(m): 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
Let our females take note.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Skin Is Becoming Oily by olaideeeedris(m): 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
Thanks for the edutainment. Ladies! Over to u
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Skin Is Becoming Oily by TrishaP(f): 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
I think mine is diet. I eat a lot of fried food.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Skin Is Becoming Oily by AdeniyiA(m): 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
TrishaP:
I think mine is diet. I eat a lot of fried food.
fried foods(too much) not good ,try boil them instead
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Skin Is Becoming Oily by Drilz(f): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
I dnt indulge in any of d above but my face is always oily arnd my nose bridge, forehead, n chin even though I use all oil control and no brown powder and I dnt do touch ups because its makes my face look so cake. I hv finaly made peace wt it sha, beind dat my oil doesnt giv me acne or pimple or blackheads. Besides those wt oily face age slowly wink

(1) (Reply)

I Have Boil In My Mouth, It Gives Me Mouth Odour / . / A Nigerian Doctor Removed A Toy Dinosaur From A Woman's Vagina In The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.