Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion (26020 Views)

Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide / Crowd At First Bank Ikorodu Branch This Morning (photos) / Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Adesiji77: 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
The annoying part is that when these loans are booked, the officer hardly get acknowledged but once it goes bad, the account officer is 'demonized' and treated like a second class citizen even when he has followed all due processes.

Imagine, the man was locked up for days without giving him any access to 'necessaries'. What happens to "presumed innocent until proven guilty?"
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
mcdokwe:
Hope they pay

This is the beauty of this case.

If he does win the lawsuit and they don't pay (after an appeal of course by the bank) then he can garnish and place a levy on properties owned by the bank within a certain jurisdiction.

I hope that the lead Attorneys compose a dream team of other Lawyers and make this a landmark case in Nigeria.

A clear message needs to be sent to both the banking system at large, employers in general, EFCC and the NPF.

Nigeria is coming of age. Finally.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
Kasala don burst for Eco bank head, make l spread my mat with kunu and kulikuli....... cool

1 Like

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
lordsharks:

Funny you
grin
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
Someone needs to teach those people a lesson.

2 Likes

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by symbianDON(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
lordsharks:

Are you in a beef with Ecobank
hahahahaha.....no. just that reading about the way a supposed member of their senior staff was maltreated left a sour taste in my mouth. they should at least have had a solid case established before hauling the guy off to detention. this case should teach them a lesson. serves them right.

1 Like

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by CLEARINGAGENT: 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
Eco bank shaaaa
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by hambuger: 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ecobank should be prepared.
Many will still go to court
It is now a trend for them to request staff to pay back 50% when ever there is a fraud without proper investigation.
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Gboliwe: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ecobank is going down. I can see it
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Norstrademus(m): 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
Both parties will settle outside the court either way sha eco bank will have to settle him handsomely
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Adesiji77: 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
hambuger:
Many will still go to court
It is [b]now a trend for them to request staff to pay back 50% when ever there is a fraud [/b]without proper investigation.

shocked
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by idu1(m): 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
They must pay him embarassed
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by soulglo: 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
prince3009:
Incidences like this are very dicey. He should be careful. The bank might want to eliminate him

He's estate will carry on the law suit.

2 Likes

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Adesiji77: 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
Norstrademus:
Both parties will settle outside the court either way sha eco bank will have to settle him handsomely

Either way, Ecobank is the ultimate loser. Even if they refuse to settle out of court, they would have contend with negative publicity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
Abeg wait oo make i come commot my 42 thousand wey dey there frist.
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by 4reigningqueen: 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
jomile:
I think it's time I stop using dis bank

you are welcome to DIAMOND...your bank.

1 Like

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by creepsyme(f): 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
Useless bank that only knws how to use pple and dump dem.Oh Lord help me to dumb Ecobank before dey dump me! Can someone say amen for me please?
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by portaableg(f): 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
The guy can't win. Eco Bank has political foundation.
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by davide470(m): 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
jomile:
I think it's time I stop using dis bank
..because a former employee sued his former employer??

That happens almost on a bi-weekly basis in Nigeria. Ask the Liars Lawyers.

cc: Sassychic, CocoLav.
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by hambuger: 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
Many are still going to court.
The trend in ecobank is for them to ask staff to payback 50% when ever there is a fraud without proper investigation.
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by GboyegaD(m): 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2015
This is disappointing. I have always thought and spoke so good of Ecobank as the best bank I ever worked with because of the structure and respect for individuals in place. How on earth did this happen? I hope they compensate him adequately and resolve this out of court.
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by hardbody: 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
The staff appears to have a strong case. I will expect that the Bank will negotiate settlement with him. Sometimes the Legal department knows what to do, senior management are usually hell bent on arm twisting in the hope of getting quicker and faster results. However for a bank with deep pockets such as Ecobank, no pay out will be sufficiently damaging. The ex-staff should be more interested in getting a well publicized apology to clear his name. As for banks, you cannot deter them from such acts, they have always been known to be aggressive in debt recoveries and will continue to be, they deal with shareholders and investors funds. Provisioning levels are also very stringent, hence their cowboy tactics
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by CrazyMan(m): 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
1.5 Billion Serves them right!...dere are slower than two snails self.. The way they willl delay you if enter the bank ehn.. You may end up withdrawing you sin
You just spoke my mind...Very silly and frustrating bank, to clear cheque problem, to collect western union problem...they can delay you for up to 3 hours all in the name of no network. But if its to debit your account for their silly alerts, their network becomes one of the fastest in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by tsdarkside(m): 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
money is not something to joke about...

sue them.
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Truckpusher(m): 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
prince3009:
Incidences like this are very dicey. He should be careful. The bank might want to eliminate him
Eliminating this guy will only compound their woes unless they'll have to do it quick,clean and precise leaving nothing to chance.
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Skoopy(m): 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
lordsharks:

Are you in a beef with Ecobank

Don't tell me you work with ecobank, that probably would be the worse news I will have to hear this year. Very dull bank.
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Truckpusher(m): 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
hardbody:
The staff appears to have a strong case. I will expect that the Bank will negotiate settlement with him. Sometimes the Legal department knows what to do, senior management are usually hell bent on arm twisting in the hope of getting quicker and faster results. However for a bank with deep pockets such as Ecobank, no pay out will be sufficiently damaging. The ex-staff should be more interested in getting a well publicized apology to clear his name. As for banks, you cannot deter them from such acts, they have always been known to be aggressive in debt recoveries and will continue to be, they deal with shareholders and investors funds. Provisioning levels are also very stringent, hence their cowboy tactics
But their cowboy tactics hasn't worked with Nigerian politicians that owe them millions and billions .

1 Like

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by hardbody: 7:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
But their cowboy tactics hasn't worked with Nigerian politicians that owe them millions and billions .

I do not have a view of their loan portfolio sir. One thing i am certain is that the yardsticks for provisioning and write offs must be followed religiously. If you dont, the auditors will do it for you. Where the auditors dont, CBN will do it. So if the politicians are owing them, they must be a way of managing those credits. One thing i give to bankers though, they are 'criminally ingenious'. I have been there.

1 Like

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
acidtalk:
MESSAGE TO MY NIGERIAN YOUTHS #SaturdayPeepTalk

* Don't hope to have a better life due to good governance. Start working on having a better life without the government. If our parents waited for the government to give us clean water, all of us would have grown up drinking sewage water.

* If at 28years you are still searching for an entry level job, you are your worst enemy. Most companies employ only 25years and below

* Start small. What matters is not how you started but where you are heading. Turning down a N30,000 per month job and remaining jobless is insane. No experience is wasted.

* 99% of people who get rich without working hard always end up poor later in life (wealth through Lotto, Gambling, Entertainer, Sportsman, etc)

* If 3 months after meeting a friend your life hasn't improved it is high time you dump such friend.

* No one really cares about you (not even your parents) until you succeed.

* Be true to yourself. Even if the whole deceives you don't receive yourself.

You too make sense abeg! Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Ishilove: 8:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
Norstrademus:
I agree.
Re: Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
davide470:
..because a former employee sued his former employer??

That happens almost on a bi-weekly basis in Nigeria. Ask the Liars Lawyers.

cc: Sassychic, CocoLav.
am no longer satisfied with dere services,dey r no longer customer friendly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Accuses 10 Banks Of Money Laundering / China Lends Dangote $2bn: Is Yuan The New "Dollar" for Nigeria? / A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.