Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? (806 Views)

I Want To Buy Dangote. Should I Go Ahead ? / How To Survive Next Year Should CBN Go Ahead With The Recent Policy On ATM Cards / MTN Nigeria Set To Face A Lawsuit By Ijebu Afoke Dickson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? by dammy336(f): 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hy everybody,this is my first topic and I really hope I get a good response.Well...my mom worked in a certain bank for 14years,she was unlawfully dismissed at the stage of assistant manager.Unlawfully because no investigation was carried out as to the said amount she was accused of diverting,even the customer that owned the account was ready to testify her money was not missing,just that my mom had to sign the customer's withdrawal form to get the #250,000 as the customer was in the hospital expecting her baby&she called my mom as her sister to help with the withdrawal that when she puts to bed,she would sign another withdrawal slip.My mom was on leave when her branch manager noticed this and recommended her for a dismissal.All these happened in 2005.Now,she's thinking of involving the judiciary.My question now is....wont her case be thrown out because of the long years between then and now or...she should go ahead with it.Thank you
Re: Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? by dominique(f): 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
She should have sued immediately after it happened. Justice may be delayed but not denied. If she has enough proof of her innocence, she can go ahead and sue for a settlement.
Re: Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? by dammy336(f): 7:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Fenks @dominique,the customer involved wrote to the head office at that time,she was ready to testify and is still ready to testify
Re: Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? by Gboliwe: 7:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
dammy336:
Hy everybody,this is my first topic and I really hope I get a good response.Well...my mom worked in a certain bank for 14years,she was unlawfully dismissed at the stage of assistant manager.Unlawfully because no investigation was carried out as to the said amount she was accused of diverting,even the customer that owned the account was ready to testify her money was not missing,just that my mom had to sign the customer's withdrawal form to get the #250,000 as the customer was in the hospital expecting her baby&she called my mom as her sister to help with the withdrawal that when she puts to bed,she would sign another withdrawal slip.My mom was on leave when her branch manager noticed this and recommended her for a dismissal.All these happened in 2005.Now,she's thinking of involving the judiciary.My question now is....wont her case be thrown out because of the long years between then and now or...she should go ahead with it.Thank you

10years ago? shocked shocked Where is that branch manager now? Where are his superiors? Do we keep such files in this country? Soon the bank will even plead "ignorant" of what your mother is saying. You stayed too long to make this decision to fight. I really don't know how it will pan out.

I am still wondering why your mother should sign a customer's withdrawal. How did that customer eventually get the money signed out? Your mom had to go and give her or what?
Even me reading this now, I don't believe your mom. I am sorry for being blunt but there are some loop holes in this story as you have told it.
Re: Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? by dammy336(f): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
Lemme answer your questions the best I can.D customer sent someone 2collect d cash from my mom,spoke wiv my mom on the fone 2av d withdrawal slip signed.because the money was not much,my mom decided 2sign the withdrawal slip.And...my mom wrote to the bank severally asking for a hearing of the case.Ofcourse its against banking policy for an officer to do dat bt with fair trial&investigation,she wld av accepted a warning.
Re: Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? by dammy336(f): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
Lemme answer your questions the best I can.D customer sent someone 2collect d cash from my mom,spoke wiv my mom on the fone 2av d withdrawal slip signed.because the money was not much,my mom decided 2sign the withdrawal slip.And...my mom wrote to the bank severally asking for a hearing of the case.Ofcourse its against banking policy for an officer to do dat bt with fair trial&investigation,she wld av accepted a warning.I op dt answers ur question a lil
Re: Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? by Gboliwe: 8:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
dammy336:
Lemme answer your questions the best I can.D customer sent someone 2collect d cash from my mom,spoke wiv my mom on the fone 2av d withdrawal slip signed.because the money was not much,my mom decided 2sign the withdrawal slip.And...my mom wrote to the bank severally asking for a hearing of the case.Ofcourse its against banking policy for an officer to do dat bt with fair trial&investigation,she wld av accepted a warning.

You mean that as at 10years ago, N250,000 was not much? Wow!

Even in february 2015, that money is many people's prayer point.

If the woman had someone to send to get the money, I wonder why she didn't use her cheque. I also wonder why she didn't ask your mom for a personal loan to be paid back later. Anyway, na them sabi. When the devil wants to attack, a lot of protocol is broken.
Re: Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? by dammy336(f): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
Oh well...I fink I'l go wiv ur last statement and the woman did not use cheque cos she was in the hospital...waiting to put to bed.Y she dint ask for a personal loan......I dnt no bt she wrote d bank severally stating the circumstances for asking for such favour of my mom.

(1) (Reply)

Seneca Institute Indiana / I Promised To Write An Ebook On How To Sell On Konga.com Here It Is / Need A Or Another Source Of Income?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.