Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? (3167 Views)

FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities / Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. / FG Upgrades Four Colleges Of Education To Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by mirexxx(f): 12:22am On Feb 22, 2015
hello friends,

I know many people that have had great successes in history and around me that never went to school.
There are also many brilliant and educated unsuccessful people.
I think education only gives us respect but with talent and creativity sucess is assured.
I am not saying education is bad, but do we really need it to be successful in life
??
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by OnyeEgo1(m): 1:11am On Feb 22, 2015
No! N please don't hesitate to burn ur certificate if u already have one...

Lest i forget kindly DROP OUT of any institution if u are in anyone...

Problem solved

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by mirexxx(f): 1:23am On Feb 22, 2015
OnyeEgo1:
No! N please don't hesitate to burn ur certificate if u already have one...

Lest i forget kindly DROP OUT of any institution if u are in anyone...

Problem solved
how does this answer my question

runs to burn certificate grin

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 22, 2015
If you mean formal education, no. But we do need some sort of education to be successful - I'm talking about skills. I haven't touched my NYSC certificate since it was awarded to me. I just locked it up somewhere. Best decision ever. Graduated with a 2.1 from one of Nigeria's top universities FYI. But truth be told, not everyone can afford to do what I did. Had a lot going for me already, so it was an easy decision.
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by mirexxx(f): 2:02am On Feb 22, 2015
RicKyRichards:
If you mean formal education, no. But we do need some sort of education to be successful - I'm talking about skills. I haven't touched my NYSC certificate since it was awarded to me. I just locked it up somewhere. Best decision ever. Graduated with a 2.1 from one of Nigeria's top universities FYI. But truth be told, not everyone can afford to do what I did. Had a lot going for me already, so it was an easy decision.
yea not everyone smiley
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by faradexs09(m): 2:07am On Feb 22, 2015
Hell yeah education is needed,imagine man will still remain uncivilized smoking some hot weed on a monjave mountain unclad,processes will be a tad slow,man may actually reason like a monkey not knowing beta than pooin nd hunting games....education start as soon man discovered d tricks of civilization,the wonders of tools nd aw much more the inquisitive nature keep asking...learning is life long,been educated will equip u,whether formal or informal it's totally needed.
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by mirexxx(f): 2:08am On Feb 22, 2015
faradexs09:
Hell yeah education is needed,imagine man will still remain uncivilized smoking some hot weed on a monjave mountain unclad,processes will be a tad slow,man may actually reason like a monkey not knowing beta than pooin nd hunting games....education start as soon man discovered d tricks of civilization,the wonders of tools nd aw much more the inquisitive nature keep asking...learning is life long,been educated will equip u,whether formal or informal it's totally needed.
smiley smiley nice
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 22, 2015
I think, the only education that is effective and important is self-education
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by Isaacmacdon(m): 6:19am On Feb 22, 2015
mirexxx:
hello friends,

I know many people that have had great successes in history and around me that never went to school.
I think education only gives us respect but with talent and creativity sucess is assured.
I am not saying education is bad, but do we really need it to be successful in life
??
truth be told... its a two way thing as listed above... frank zuckerberg (owner of facebook) dropped outta college to pursue his dreams... Mrs folorunsho alakija never saw d four walls of d university but she's Africa's richest woman... education z good bt Ur talent z more better.... Pursue Ur talent... it wud make a way for u... Dis is life.. Everyone's destiny z different... America z thriving all cos of d youths who agreed to follow their talent... Don jazzy,dbanj...d list z endless...
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by obiak4(m): 6:27am On Feb 22, 2015
mirexxx:
hello friends,

??
mirexx I go flog you oooo education does not really mean going to uni or primary sch it means knowing a lot of things to make you successful
education is the knowledge you applied
and knowledge is everything
my10000 cowries
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by bisi16(m): 6:50am On Feb 22, 2015
It doesn't. If I knew wat I know now, maybe na now I 4 dey enter part-time study.
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by Dotwillis1(m): 9:34am On Feb 22, 2015
Their r myriads of paths to a 'successful life' , nd the kinda 'education' yhu talking 'bout iz one of it
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by MozB: 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
Uhmmmm.. Education and success? Well I'll simply say our success depends on our mentality, hw we can come up with good strategies to succeed. And yes education deals with changing mentalities. So in a way. YES.
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by DanceVille: 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
Yes and No...
Some needs education 2 b successful lykwise some dnt needs...

Let's use 'Seun Osewa' as an example, he's a drop-out frm d University but see him nw, he has become a *Whiz-kid*...

It depends on One's Skills and Interests...
Hope av answered ur question Mirexxx?
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by 1miccza: 12:28am On Feb 27, 2015
mirexxx:
hello friends,

??

Yeah we do cos even the wealthy uneducated ones still yearn for a bit of education
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by mirexxx(f): 12:31am On Feb 27, 2015
1miccza:

Yeah we do cos even the wealthy uneducated ones still yearn for a bit of education
alright smiley
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by 1miccza: 12:33am On Feb 27, 2015
mirexxx:
alright smiley

You know i was discussing this same topic with ma colleagues at work today.. Did you look into ma crystal ball or something??
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by mirexxx(f): 12:38am On Feb 27, 2015
1miccza:

You know i was discussing this same topic with ma colleagues at work today.. Did you look into ma crystal ball or something??
nope smiley its a nice topic
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by 1miccza: 12:41am On Feb 27, 2015
mirexxx:
nope smiley its a nice topic

It sure is and ano interesting one at that,are you now snoring or typing from dreamland?? grin
mirexxx:
.nope smiley its a nice topic

It sure is and ano interesting one at that,are you now snoring or typing from dreamland?? grin
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by mirexxx(f): 7:43am On Feb 27, 2015
1miccza:

lol grin
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by aleeypanda: 8:11am On Feb 27, 2015
yes education is always required ,without it you never be successful in industry.
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by Kaellivi(m): 8:56am On Feb 27, 2015
you should find out the number of uneducated successful people and compare with the educated successful people, that should answer your question
Re: Do We Really Need Education To Be Successful??? by 1miccza: 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
mirexxx:
lol grin

Why are you laughing? Am i wrong??

(1) (Reply)

How To Get The Cracked JAMB CBT Software On Your PC / School Resumption: School Owner Turn School To Bakery / [Pictures] Top 12 Most Amazing Structures In Nigerian - InsideOAU Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.