Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? (1435 Views)

15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Husband Beats Pregnant wife for flogging his Dog...! / What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by chocolateme(f): 2:44am On Feb 22, 2015
Even at 25, some parent still use cane as a form of punishment on their children forgetting that most times at that age, it could provoke their children to anger and undesirable reaction. There comes an age in one's life when cane can never solve the problems anymore. They said " soft words eases anger and strong will. Some parent prefer to wake their children up in the middle of the night to talk to them and sometimes, it works like magic.
You don't expect to use cane to correct your son you heard that joined cult in school especially a 300 level student. Some people has gotten used to the cane that they just shed a tear and scream on top of their voices shouting that it will never happen again but for where?? Na even that time, the wahala started, even some 16 year old boys now hang their parent's hand in the air with the Cane as they want to lash out on them hmm!! Yet soft words and advices does not work on some, so how can they ever learn and change.
My dad will use the other hand to pull his belt and you go hear am.. So people, do you think that there is an age limit to flogging from our parent and When last were you thrashed?
Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by Generalkorex(m): 2:50am On Feb 22, 2015
See question o
Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by GboyegaD(m): 2:54am On Feb 22, 2015
For me, maximum of 14years because I believe at that age, the child is already in senior class and can reason as an adult. More so, at that age, the child has formed his/her habits and the best way of correction will be some matured dialogue.
As for when last I was thrashed by a teacher was at age15 and by my parents, it was around age 13 however, I occasionally got slapped till about age 17 when I gained admission.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by chocolateme(f): 2:56am On Feb 22, 2015
Generalkorex:
See question o
lol.. See your head, common answer it.. I dey feel you be the type wey go dey answer your palee question with question. General answer naa abi they still dey flog you till now.
Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by menix(m): 3:11am On Feb 22, 2015
When d kid is married..

Afterall I enta popsi house last year afta wey I don empty 2 Jack Daniel d man change am 4 mii..

1 Like

Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by Enegod(m): 3:12am On Feb 22, 2015
I don't agree with flogging your kids
around. All it does is breed aggressive
behavior, and teaches them that violence
will solve their problems. The vast
majority of the time when a parent is
flogging their kid they aren't teaching
him a lesson, they are just pissed..angry

1 Like

Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by Generalkorex(m): 3:16am On Feb 22, 2015
chocolateme:
lol.. See your head, common answer it.. I dey feel you be the type wey go dey answer your palee question with question. General answer naa abi they still dey flog you till now.
my parent no dey flog me but the last time i chop cane last na when I was 10years. Mum flog craze comot for my body. Cos she send me message I con read newspaper forget wetin she send me.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by chocolateme(f): 3:29am On Feb 22, 2015
Enegod:
I don't agree with flogging your kids
around. All it does is breed aggressive
behavior, and teaches them that violence
will solve their problems. The vast
majority of the time when a parent is
flogging their kid they aren't teaching
him a lesson, they are just pissed..angry
so in essence, the adage about sparing the rod and spoiling your child is not relevant? Because I still know that some children takes corrections after you must have flogged them. Ok take for example, two different kids from different families fails a session or term in school, as in like 41st out of 42nd.. Very poor result, family A cautions the child and that's all, while Family B penalizes the child for not doing well irrespective of the lessons both at home and school. Which of these may take effect quickly than the other? I don't mean that they should kill the child but atleast a form of punishment has to be apportioned. Do u know that some kids starts crying once you caution them and may even refuse to eat their food just to make you go soft on them and apologize for shouting on them and even promise not to yell at them again and still beg them to eat. If a child do well, appraisal works more and motivates the child to do more. Some are just too block headed to take advices.
Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by kodded(m): 3:41am On Feb 22, 2015
NO FLOGGING SINCE I FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL cool
, JUST ONE WICKED SLAP cry

1 Like

Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by freshness2020: 4:09am On Feb 22, 2015
Keep flogging until the pikin get sense...some agbaya need serious flogging even at #40!
Spare the rod ♈όϋ spoil the child..na so our bible talk am...forget the ways of the whites, na naija we dey !

1 Like

Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by kilokeys(m): 4:59am On Feb 22, 2015
when the parents get matured enough not to vent their frustrations on their kids.

spank kids

scold and ground teenagers

then flog ur colleagues at work ( ur mates)

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by Enegod(m): 6:39am On Feb 22, 2015
chocolateme:
so in essence, the adage about sparing the rod and spoiling your child is not relevant? Because I still know that some children takes corrections after you must have flogged them. Ok take for example, two different kids from different families fails a session or term in school, as in like 41st out of 42nd.. Very poor result, family A cautions the child and that's all, while Family B penalizes the child for not doing well irrespective of the lessons both at home and school. Which of these may take effect quickly than the other? I don't mean that they should kill the child but atleast a form of punishment has to be apportioned. Do u know that some kids starts crying once you caution them and may even refuse to eat their food just to make you go soft on them and apologize for shouting on them and even promise not to yell at them again and still beg them to eat. If a child do well, appraisal works more and motivates the child to do more. Some are just too block headed to take advices.
lol at block head grin..
flogging/beating the child to a pulp undecided really doesn't get the point across intellectually. It's simply a reaction to an action. Do something wrong and you get hit doesn't really solve the problem or work through the issue. A smart child needs communication and any other effective punishments apart from flogging/beating undecided

1 Like

Re: At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? by bennyrazz: 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
parents needs to stop flogging their kids at the age they stop misbehaving.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Caught My Father Cheating On My Mother / question / The Types Of Slaps Yoruba Mothers Gives And Their Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.