Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,617 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier (2049 Views)

He Said If I Didn’t Sleep With Him He Won't Bring Me To Europe; He Raped Me(pic) / 11-yr-old Threatened To Report Me If I Didn’t Have Sex With Her —suspect (pic) / Ritualist Forces Stick In Girl’s Vagina In Cross River (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by obitwice06(m): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
IF I DIE BEFORE YOU WAKE...(Tribute to Nigeria Armed Forces)

Unselfishly, you left your fathers and your mothers,
You left behind your sisters and your brothers.
Leaving your beloved children and wives,
You put on hold, your dreams-your lives.
On foreign soil, you found yourself planted
To fight for those whose freedom you granted.
Without your sacrifice, their cause would be lost
But you carried onward, no matter the cost.

Many horrors you had endured and seen.
Many faces had haunted your dreams.
You cheered as your enemies littered the ground;
You cried as your brothers fell all around.

At the end, you all will come back home,
Some with memories to face all alone;
Some in the company of friends
As their crosses cast shadows across the land.

Survivals will forever be scarred
Emotionally, physically, permanently marred.
The fallen soldiers will sleep eternally
'Neath the ground they had given their lives to keep free.

I stood and I watched as a mother cried,
when she had heard that her son had died.
He didn't die because he was sick,
or he didn't die because he was in a wreck.
He died doing what he felt was right.

I watched a father try to hold back his tears,
His son had lived only a youth.
His son had died nine thousand miles away,
And what was there left for a father to say?
He got down on his knees and said a prayer,
His brave son knows his father did care.

I stood and watched as a little girl cried.
She didn't understand why her brother had passed on;
Why he never again played with her on the lawn.
Looking at the little girl's tears I knew,
That her big brother died fighting for you and me.

With a hand upon my heart, I feel The pride and respect; my reverence is revealed
In the tears that now stream down my upturned face
As our flag waves above you, in her glory and grace.
Freedom was the gift that you unselfishly gave
Pain and death was the price that you ultimately paid.
Every day, I give my utmost admiration
To those who had fought to defend our nation.

5 Likes

Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by praxisnetworks: 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
sad
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by obiZEAL(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
R.I.P to our fallen heroes...
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
embarassed embarassed embarassed sad
May God continue to uphold our Soldiers cry
Amen

Nice poem op.
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by Sleekydee(m): 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
Let face the truth..this guyz re the real Heroes oh...can u just imagine how dier day goes? a typical Nigerian day evolves around, internet, eating n Strafing...meanwhile; these guys dodge n shoot bullets daily.....if by chance any politician is linked to BH, provided its authentic.... they should be no trial....Stab them immediately (in the heart na)
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by sod09(m): 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
Rip to d fallen heroes
cry
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by obitwice06(m): 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
most of the time we forget the true labors of our heroes past, not everyone will have the courage to join the great troops of Nigeria. rest in peace fallen soldiers, never shall i forget your efforts to keep us safe
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by Friendz4blue(m): 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
I want to say a big thank u to
d op for dis poem....God bless u abundantly....I wonda y I av nevA seen any song or any tribute dedicated to d armed forces for Deir tireless battle against insurgency.I can remember dat any pay per view event of WWE always has a portion where tribute is being paid to their armed forces.....I want to say a big R.I.P to our colleagues who av lost Their lives protecting Nigeria against insurgency..I send my condolensces to Deir families......God plz continue to strengthen us in dis war.............op tanks once more

1 Like

Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by obitwice06(m): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
welcome and God bless u also.
Friendz4blue:
I want to say a big thank u to
d op for dis poem....God bless u abundantly....I wonda y I av nevA seen any song or any tribute dedicated to d armed forces for Deir tireless battle against insurgency.I can remember dat any pay per view event of WWE always has a portion where tribute is being paid to their armed forces.....I want to say a big R.I.P to our colleagues who av lost Their lives protecting Nigeria against insurgency..I send my condolensces to Deir families......God plz continue to strengthen us in dis war.............op tanks once more
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by chemmerfrank(m): 11:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
Funny how these soilders don't get recognition.. Instead its meaningless celebrities and their bleeping rumour that makes the news... Another soilder will die fighting for me and you.. He dosent even know my name... God be with them
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 23, 2015
*sad face*....... RIP to our fallen heroes, and may ur deaths never be in vain... Nice poem by the way..
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by 9niceguy(m): 7:54am On Feb 23, 2015
Touching
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by vinxce(m): 9:13am On Feb 23, 2015
#sobs ....... embarassed
Re: If I Die Before You Wake...(tribute To Our Nigeria Armed Forces ) #fallensoldier by wemmieslim(f): 11:07am On Feb 23, 2015
Awww cry
Am so touched,

RIP to the great men of Arm forces that has gone beyond,may your souls find rest....,

Amin

@Op nice one!!!

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Weed Smoking Nigerian Universities / See What A Useless Mother Did To This Innocent Baby. Graphic Pic / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.