Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians (1229 Views)

2 Zimbabwean Female "Witches" Caught Red-handed Totally Unclad (Video) / If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
pls i could have only dwell on verse 27 but i want you all to understand Gods wrath against unrighteousness and ungodliness......
pls if u are always in support of them...pls be careful....
this is an abstract from New English Translation Bible(NET)
ROMANS 1: 18-32

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who suppress the truth by their unrighteousness,
19 because what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
20 For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, because they are understood through what has been made. So people are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God or give him thanks, but they became futile in their thoughts and their senseless hearts were darkened.
22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for an image resembling mortal human beings or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the desires of their hearts to impurity, to dishonor their bodies among themselves.
25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones,
27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed in their passions for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done.
29 They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips,
30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents,
31 senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless.
32 Although they fully know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but also approve of those who practice them.
Rom 1:18-32

my main reasons and awareness are clearly stated in this verses but verse 27 made reference of Gay .....
note:this is not old testament...its. after the death of Christ
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by pweetixandy: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
I wantu say something but I won't say it,for fear of the unknown.
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by channelz: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
shocked What Bible do they use that wed gays?

Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Expressions(m): 4:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
You've done well @Op.

To make it clearer and explicit, here are quotes of the same verse from different versions of the Bible; for I'd need answers from Christian proponents of gayness and gay marriages in the Church:

New Living Translation

And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English

And again also their males in this way abandoned the natural need for females, and they were ravished with desire one for another, even male for male, and committed disgrace and received a right reward in their persons for their error.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

Likewise, their men have given up natural sexual relations with women and burn with lust for each other. Men commit indecent acts with men, so they experience among themselves the punishment they deserve for their perversion.

Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
pweetixandy:
I wantu say something but I won't say it,for fear of the unknown.
what can u possibly say against the Words of God.....
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by pweetixandy: 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
kallmemrB:
what can u possibly say against the Words of God.....
okay.
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
YOUR GOD IS TOTALLY AGAINST WOMEN SPEAKING UP TOO

1Corinthians 14:34-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

I don't hear you calling that out, but you're so quick to go search for where your bible condemns gay people. Heck, even the bible supports slavery and killing of people in the name of enemies.

Dude, have several seats.

Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
masonkz:

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

I don't hear you calling that out, but you're so quick to go search for where your bible condemns gay people. Heck, even the bible supports slavery and killing of people in the name of enemies.

Dude, have several seats.
Are u Gay?
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
kallmemrB:
Are u Gay?
Are those bible verses fake

Answer him and stop attacking the obvious.

Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 22, 2015
If you're gay, you're not on the right path. Seek help and change
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
AgapeCharis:
If you're gay, you're not on the right path. Seek help and change
C'mon dude it's 2015.I believe you need a new lyric.
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
CyrusXandria:
Are those bible verses fake

Answer him and stop attacking the obvious.

nope...hes right...thats in the old teatament but coming of christ changed that....

Are u also Gay
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 23, 2015
kallmemrB:
Are u Gay?

What does that have to do with the topic?
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 23, 2015
kallmemrB:
nope...hes right...thats in the old teatament but coming of christ changed that....

Are u also Gay

What old testament? ? Are you that blind that you didn't see corinthians written there?

Please read it again. If you want MORE of such verses, let me know. In the main time, answer my post accordingly. Since you hypocrites would rather only check out the bible verses that appeal to your bloodthirsty conscience.

Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 23, 2015
masonkz:

What old testament? ? Are you that blind that you didn't see corinthians written there?

Please read it again. If you want MORE of such verses, let me know. In the main time, answer my post accordingly. Since you hypocrites would rather only check out the bible verses that appeal to your bloodthirsty conscience.

the truth is no explaination i give u would satisfy u.....u are trying to justify ur sinful act.....its clearly written in the bible that he that has ear let. him ear.....what has been got to do with Women preachers.....

May God show all u gays mercy
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by channelz: 7:56am On Feb 23, 2015
masonkz:

Another one shocked very valid.

Men acting according to their will since the days of Eve!
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 23, 2015
kallmemrB:

Are u also Gay
Really old testament,really,I mean just really.

You do know that the new testament preaches nothing against homosexuality except for Paul's teachings which are purely his personal opinions,as he was also a staunch chauvinist as well,his master Jesus was not known as one.

Do remember that not once did Jesus Christ make a statement in favour or against homosexuals and he lived in a Roman-Jewish society where homosexuality was prevalence.

The other instance you may mention in the new testament is as a reusult of misinterpretation of the original languages the bible were written in,cause the word homosexuality did not exist until the 19th Century.
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2015
kallmemrB:
the truth is no explaination i give u would satisfy u.....u are trying to justify ur sinful act.....its clearly written in the bible that he that has ear let. him ear.....what has been got to do with Women preachers.....

May God show all u gays mercy
Oh Stop it,You hypocrites talk rubbish,you think there's a special hell for gays and a moderate hell for liars.All sins are the same with God,whether you lie on the phone that you are on your way while you are in your house,or you look at a woman lustfully,steal or fornicate,everyone who sins before God goes to the same hell.

So,Yeah,he's doing us all a favour by showing us mercy cause we are all imperfect,and are all sinners.
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2015
CyrusXandria:
Really old testament,really,I mean just really.

You do know that the new testament preaches nothing against homosexuality except for Paul's teachings which are purely his personal opinions,as he was also a staunch chauvinist as well,his master Jesus was not known as one.

Do remember that not once did Jesus Christ make a statement in favour or against homosexuals and he lived in a Roman-Jewish society where homosexuality was prevalence.

The other instance you may mention in the new testament is as a reusult of misinterpretation of the original languages the bible were written in,cause the word homosexuality did not exist until the 19th Century.

oga i saw ur dp.......what is wrong is wrong....dont try to justify it
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 23, 2015
kallmemrB:

oga i saw ur dp.......what is wrong is wrong....dont try to justify it
Who talked about justification,I didn't tell you homosexuality is acceptable biblically,hell no,God has explanations to do about that,cause gays didn't manufacture themselves and if you claim demons as most of you do which the bible obviously doesn't mention,he must tell us why he allowed such a powerful demon to possess millions of young innocent boys and girls all over the world.

You need to stop being biase about what the bible actually teaches,if you belive in God just cause the bible tells you to,then you're not a christian,but if you do cause you accept unconditionally that there's a supreme being called God then you are a christian.

You can't attack something you know nothing about,or something the bible can't explain.A lot of things in the Bible are questionable and you know that,so don't expect that throwing a few scriptures into the air would convince people against gays.

Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 23, 2015
CyrusXandria:
Who talked about justification,I didn't tell you homosexuality is acceptable biblically,hell no,God has explanations to do about that,cause gays didn't manufacture themselves and if you claim demons as most of you do which the bible obviously doesn't mention,he must tell us why he allowed such a powerful demon to possess millions of young innocent boys and girls all over the world.

You need to stop being biase about what the bible actually teaches,if you belive in God just cause the bible tells you to,then you're not a christian,but if you do cause you accept unconditionally that there's a supreme being called God then you are a christian.

You can't attack something you know nothing about,or something the bible can't explain.A lot of things in the Bible are questionable and you know that,so don't expect that throwing a few scriptures into the air would convince people against gays.

Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2 Tim 3:16
Re: God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 23, 2015
kallmemrB:

Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2 Tim 3:16
How come he got it so wrong in the old testament?

The bible was written by mortals okay not angelic being so shut the crap and stop gulping down everything the Bible tells you.

Its just the way churches today use the same bible but apply different teachings and doctrines,the authors of the bible had the same God but passed their message as they deemed fit.

Top 10 Religions You Never Knew Existed / My Visit To Heaven (new Revelation ) [READ AND SHARE] / Selamat Hari Raya 2015 Pantun Poems In Malay Arabic