Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Am Dead - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Am Dead (1344 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Dead by odinko: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
Am dead and almost gone. My laptop that I use in
flashing phone has killed me. It all started with a
prompt that says "you are a counterfeit copy of
window" I normally ignor, since my is working fine. I
was just yesterday that I tried to my laptop, it took
like 30 minutes for it to boot. As of now, it is no
longer showing anything. After inputing my
password, it ends woith a dark screen and the
pointer. A better solution, will be greatly accepted. Everything shows if I put it on safe mode.
Re: Am Dead by Fairgodwin(m): 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
Rest In Peace...
Re: Am Dead by HyDef(m): 6:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
I'm betting that what you need might be a repair of your Windows installation.

If you have a Windows disc lying around (7, 8? You didn't say which version.) you should be able to attempt a repair. If you don't then there aren't really many (any?) options left.

If the issue is that there is some stuff you really need to retrieve, then it is possible that you could hook it up to another computer to retrieve your files, but you'd need a special adapter to change the Sata port (or ide) to USB. Plus it would require opening it up, which you might not want.

I'm almost certain though, that a repair will fix the issues you are having. There are more things that can cause such issues, but, it's most likely just a software issue.
Re: Am Dead by zyzxx(m): 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
It software issue
But he needs to av d back of his softwares
Re: Am Dead by HyDef(m): 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
Truly, because unfortunately on 7, the option for a repair install is not available by booting from the disc.

The easiest method I can really see would be to boot to safe mode and recover files, as the method above would involve you purchasing things that an average person might not need again.

After recovering all your files, you can then proceed to do a fresh install.

You might need a large flash drive, but most likely an external hard drive to hold all your files whilst repairing your system.
Re: Am Dead by odinko: 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
HyDef:
I'm betting that what you need might be a repair of your Windows installation.

If you have a Windows disc lying around (7, 8? You didn't say which version.) you should be able to attempt a repair. If you don't then there aren't really many (any?) options left.

If the issue is that there is some stuff you really need to retrieve, then it is possible that you could hook it up to another computer to retrieve your files, but you'd need a special adapter to change the Sata port (or ide) to USB. Plus it would require opening it up, which you might not want.

I'm almost certain though, that a repair will fix the issues you are having. There are more things that can cause such issues, but, it's most likely just a software issue.
originally, it was window 7 but upgraded to 8. I did system repair, the went back to window 7. When it was on w8, I could see the hard disk. But when on safe mode in w7, I just things on desk top buyt can access the hard disc. I need to retrieve my flashing files, it cost a whole lot to get them. Thanks.
Re: Am Dead by HyDef(m): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
What exactly do you mean by not being able to access the hard drive? It doesn't show? Just a bit more detail please.
Re: Am Dead by odinko: 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
HyDef:
What exactly do you mean by not being able to access the hard drive? It doesn't show? Just a bit more detail please.
it does not show anything. Infact, its working abnormally.
Re: Am Dead by odinko: 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
HyDef:

Re: Am Dead by odinko: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Dats wat I see on d screen
Re: Am Dead by HyDef(m): 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Does it respond? If it does, what does pressing the 'start menu button + e' do?
Re: Am Dead by HyDef(m): 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
The other way I can think of to recover your files would be to buy a hard drive enclosure. It basically encases your laptop hard drive after you remove it, and allows you to use it as an external drive. That way you'd be able to connect it to anyone else's laptop or desktop and get your files out before a fresh install.

They typically cost around a 1000 naira, not too much I'd say to save your files. You can find them at Citadel or perhaps Idea Konsult.

But first let's see if we can save your files without getting down to the hardware.

1 Like

Re: Am Dead by mikron(m): 12:51am On Feb 23, 2015
Fairgodwin:
Rest In Peace...
a very rude comment
Re: Am Dead by Lexusgs430: 6:56am On Feb 23, 2015
The importance of having an external backup!!!!
Re: Am Dead by Fairgodwin(m): 7:24am On Feb 23, 2015
mikron:
a very rude comment

I'm very sorry. I never meant it to be in the way you see or take it. I only wanted to make a joke out of the whole thing as a response to the fact that the OP said, "Am Dead." I'm so sorry all the same.
#na just joke
Re: Am Dead by mikron(m): 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
Fairgodwin:

I'm very sorry. I never meant it to be in the way you see or take it. I only wanted to make a joke out of the whole thing as a response to the fact that the OP said, "Am Dead." I'm so sorry all the same.
#na just joke
bro no hard feelings, u re highly welcome smiley smiley
Re: Am Dead by Fairgodwin(m): 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
mikron:
bro no hard feelings, u re highly welcome smiley smiley

Thank you.
Re: Am Dead by ewizard1: 7:36am On Feb 26, 2015
I think nobody has told you this...

If you successfully retrieve your files and Re-Install your windows, make sure you Crack it so it could be genuine. Otherwise, you'll have to face the same prob again.

You can get a Windows 7 crack at any sofware shop. Its a very necessary software.

#GoodLuckNotEbele
Re: Am Dead by gurunlocker: 12:56pm On Feb 26, 2015
you are dead and still on NL?...lol
Re: Am Dead by roselynbas(f): 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
HyDef:
The other way I can think of to recover your files would be to buy a hard drive enclosure. It basically encases your laptop hard drive after you remove it, and allows you to use it as an external drive. That way you'd be able to connect it to anyone else's laptop or desktop and get your files out before a fresh install.

They typically cost around a 1000 naira, not too much I'd say to save your files. You can find them at Citadel or perhaps Idea Konsult.

But first let's see if we can save your files without getting down to the hardware.

i don't really see any other way you can recover all your files besides this option. It should be the original installable option though. If you cannot do this, simply get a computer technician to assist you.

All she/he needs do is to remove your hard disk, put it into the external case, copy out your files, insert the hard disk into your system again, re-install your apps and you are good to go.

I'd advise you stick with windows 7 for now.
Re: Am Dead by Tolzeal(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
roselynbas:

i don't really see any other way you can recover all your files besides this option. It should be the original installable option though. If you cannot do this, simply get a computer technician to assist you.

All she/he needs do is to remove your hard disk, put it into the external case, copy out your files, insert the hard disk into your system again, re-install your apps and you are good to go.

I'd advise you stick with windows 7 for now

A very detailed post maam. But my question is the bolded part on your post. Why is windows 8.1 aint the best option....
Re: Am Dead by HyDef(m): 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
Well, I'd say that if he's been using Windows 7, he should continue with it, cuz he'll be more used to it, plus he shouldn't have any driver issues, and then there is less likely to be any compatibility issues with any of the software he is used to using.

All that plus the fact that the Windows 8.x series isn't really their best. They went for too much of a radical change that dedicated PC users find frustrating and confusing, myself included. I'll be waiting for 10 in the meantime.
Re: Am Dead by roselynbas(f): 7:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
Tolzeal:

A very detailed post maam. But my question is the bolded part on your post. Why is windows 8.1 aint the best option....

kindly google a review of the windows 8 OS and see the reviews. It has some bug issues that can has been fixed on the windows 7. Expect more issues if you are using a cracked version.

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Recommend A Good And Affordable 3-in-1 Printer / HP Compaq CORE2DUO 2.10ghz Processor Speed / Done here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.