Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners (1075 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The 2016 AMAA, Africa Movie Academy Awards / Photos From The Africa Movie Academy Awards 2015 / Full List Of 2015 African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by eaglechild: 6:16am On Feb 23, 2015
The 87th Academy awards the biggest award in the movie industry is on now.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWryG7w3HMiEolWeiNeIxMB_M18fuYwjjxiq3_UuN7QsMCGuv9keJWyx3Z[/img]

The first winner of the night is J.K. Simmons best actor in the supporting role in the movie Whiplash.

The full list will be updated.

Best Supporting Actor
Robert Duvall, The Judge
Ethan Hawke, Boyhood
Edward Norton, Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
Mark Ruffalo, Foxcatcher.
J.K. Simmons, Whiplash Winner

Costume Design
Milena Canonero, The Grand Budapest Hotel Winner
Mark Bridges, Inherent Vice
Colleen Atwood, Into the Woods
Anna B. Sheppard and Jane Clive, Maleficent
Jacqueline Durran, Mr. Turner

Makeup and Hairstyling
Bill Corso and Dennis Liddiard, Foxcatcher
Frances Hannon and Mark Coulier, The Grand Budapest Hotel Winner
Elizabeth Yianni-Georgiou and David White, Guardians of the Galaxy

Foreign Language Film
Ida (Poland) Winner
Leviathan (Russia)
Tangerines (Estonia)
Timbuktu (Mauritania)
Wild Tales (Argentina)

Live Action Short Film
Aya
Boogaloo and Graham
Butter Lamp (La Lampe au Beurre de Yak)
Parvaneh
The Phone Call Winner

Documentary Short Subject
Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1 Winner
Joanna
Our Curse
The Reaper (La Parka)
White Earth

Sound Mixing
American Sniper
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
Interstellar
Unbroken
Whiplash Winner

Sound Editing
American Sniper Winner
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Interstellar
Unbroken

Best Supporting Actress
Patricia Arquette, Boyhood Winner
Laura Dern, Wild
Keira Knightley, The Imitation Game
Emma Stone, Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
Meryl Streep, Into the Woods

Visual Effects
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Guardians of the Galaxy
Interstellar Winner
X-Men: Days of Future Past

Animated Short Film
The Bigger Picture
The Dam Keeper
Feast Winner
Me and My Moulton
A Single Life

Animated Feature Film
Big Hero 6 Winner
The Boxtrolls
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Song of the Sea
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Production Design
The Grand Budapest Hotel Winner
The Imitation Game
Interstellar
Into the Woods
Mr. Turner

Cinematography
Emmanuel Lubezki, Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) Winner
Robert Yeoman, The Grand Budapest Hotel
Lukasz Zal and Ryszard Lenczewski, Ida
Dick Pope, Mr. Turner
Roger Deakins, Unbroken

Film Editing
American Sniper
Boyhood
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Imitation Game
Whiplash Winner

Documentary Feature
Citizenfour Winner
Finding Vivian Maier
Last Days in Vietnam
The Salt of the Earth
Virunga

Original Song
“Everything Is Awesome” from The Lego Movie
“Glory” from Selma Winner
“Grateful” from Beyond the Lights
“I’m Not Gonna Miss You” from Glen Campbell… I’ll Be Me
“Lost Stars” from Begin Again

Original Score
Alexandre Desplat, The Grand Budapest Hotel Winner
Alexandre Desplat, The Imitation Game
Hans Zimmer, Interstellar
Gary Yershon, Mr. Turner
Jóhann Jóhannsson, The Theory of Everything

Original Screenplay
Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Jr. & Armando Bo, Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) Winner
Richard Linklater, Boyhood
E. Max Frye and Dan Futterman, Foxcatcher
Wes Anderson; Story by Wes Anderson & Hugo Guinness, The Grand Budapest Hotel
Dan Gilroy, Nightcrawler

Adapted Screenplay
Jason Hall, American Sniper
Graham Moore, The Imitation Game Winner
Paul Thomas Anderson, Inherent Vice
Anthony McCarten, The Theory of Everything
Damien Chazelle, Whiplash

Directing
Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) Winner
Richard Linklater, Boyhood
Bennett Miller, Foxcatcher
Wes Anderson, The Grand Budapest Hotel
Morten Tyldum, The Imitation Game

Best Actor
Steve Carell, Foxcatcher
Bradley Cooper, American Sniper
Benedict Cumberbatch, Imitation Game
Michael Keaton, Birdman
Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything Winner

Best Actress
Marion Cotillard, Two Days One Night
Felicity Jones, The Theory of Everything
Julianne Moore, Still Alice Winner
Rosamund Pike, Gone Girl
Reese Witherspoon, Wild

Best Picture
American Sniper
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) Winner
Boyhood
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Imitation Game
Selma
The Theory of Everything
Whiplash

source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/87th_Academy_Awards
Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:22am On Feb 23, 2015
I love The Grand Budapest Hotel. Happy it won some Oscars smiley

1 Like

Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by pussyeater(m): 6:27am On Feb 23, 2015
Land for sale!
Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by Graham123: 6:34am On Feb 23, 2015
I knew American Sniper was gonna miss out on the major ones. Was rooting for Benedict Cumberbatch to cop the best actor.
Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by dahmie2013: 6:56am On Feb 23, 2015
Eddie Reydmane deserved dat award, d guy was awsome in dat movie. I was so moved 2 d point I had 2 google who Stephen Hawking is&2 my utmost surprise, d guy is still alive & he is 73 yrs. But sincerely I don't understd hw come Stephen Hawking doesn't believe in God, wen science told u u can only live 4 2yrs, God is so faithful u're still alive&with children&grand children. He even had d guts 2 divorce his wife after evertything. Science cannot up till now explain hw he is still alive in dat conditn. Ppl be taking God 4 granted, thank God he is not man.

1 Like

Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by dahmie2013: 7:02am On Feb 23, 2015
Eddie Reydmane deserved dat award, d guy was awsome in dat movie. I was so moved 2 d point I had 2 google who Stephen Hawking is&2 my utmost surprise, d guy is still alive & he is 73 yrs. D movie gave me some sleepness night, cos as I close my eyes I kept seeing him&imagining hw he was able 2 achieve so much in dat conditn. One questn d guy asked dat got me thinking was, wen d doc broke d bad news 2 him, he asked "does it affect d brain"?

But sincerely I don't understd hw come Stephen Hawking doesn't believe in God, wen science told u u can only live 4 2yrs, God is so faithful u're still alive&with children&grand children. He even had d guts 2 divorce his wife after evertything. Science cannot up till now explain hw he is still alive in dat conditn. Ppl be taking God 4 granted, thank God he is not man.

1 Like

Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by sniperwolf(m): 7:07am On Feb 23, 2015
How CAN INTERSTELLAR take an Academic Award for Visual Effects? That was like the worst movie of 2014

1 Like

Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:32am On Feb 23, 2015
dahmie2013:
Eddie Reydmane deserved dat award, d guy was awsome in dat movie. I was so moved 2 d point I had 2 google who Stephen Hawking is&2 my utmost surprise, d guy is still alive & he is 73 yrs. But sincerely I don't understd hw come Stephen Hawking doesn't believe in God, wen science told u u can only live 4 2yrs, God is so faithful u're still alive&with children&grand children. He even had d guts 2 divorce his wife after evertything. Science cannot up till now explain hw he is still alive in dat conditn. Ppl be taking God 4 granted, thank God he is not man.

I haven't seen this movie but from the plot I read, his wife was already seeing Jonathan and he (Stephen) had feelings for Elaine (his maid).
I'm glad Eddie Redmayne won the award sha. I'm sure he deserves it. I started liking him from Les Misérables.

1 Like

Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by sholay2011(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2015
OgidiOlu3:

I haven't seen this movie but from the plot I read, his wife was already seeing Jonathan and he (Stephen) had feelings for Elaine (his maid).
I'm glad Eddie Redmayne won the award sha. I'm sure he deserves it. I started liking him from Les Misérables.
I wanted Michael Keaton to win for 'Birdman' but Eddie wasn't a bad choice at all.

So happy Birdman won best picture over Boyhood grin
Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 23, 2015
Jk Simmons taking the best supporting Actor in Whiplash underlines how successful this year's Oscar award was. He's such a ferocious teacher whose tutoring is marked by extreme violent energy, oh well he made Damien tick cheesy

I love this movie TBH

Polish film Ida takes best foreign language film? I've not seen it but from what I've heard, it's a spectacular piece of work.

Grand Budapest Hotel actually won four awards and I'm not surprised at all.

I'm only surprised that American Sniper and Cooper couldn't bundle anything massive home.

At the end of the day, Birdman was the biggest winner on the night. cool
Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
Emmanuel Lubezki killing it once again showing gravity was a tip of the iceberg.
Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by prof800(m): 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
I can't even pronounce the names of the Winners for "best original screenplay".
Was the writing really that good?
I'll like to see the screenplay for "Birdman".
Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by Unluvable(f): 8:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything

smiley kiss
Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 24, 2015
sholay2011:

I wanted Michael Keaton to win for 'Birdman' but Eddie wasn't a bad choice at all.

So happy Birdman won best picture over Boyhood grin
bros, I thought birdman was a nice movie...my precious 156mb. seriously, I don't understand the movie." the spectacular now" you talked about in your other thread was nice though!
Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by sholay2011(m): 8:33am On Feb 24, 2015
Preciousjoz:
bros, I thought birdman was a nice movie...my precious 156mb. seriously, I don't understand the movie." the spectacular now" you talked about in your other thread was nice though!
Lol.

I think Birdman is an 'artsy' movie from what I've read about it (I haven't seen it even). It blurrs the line between fantasy and reality; what's going on in the lead character's head and what's actually happening. I think it's an unconventional movie and would like to see it. Try rewatching it.

An example of a movie I didn't get at first (and even second) viewing was 'No Country for Oldmen'. Now, I love the movie, full of suspense and keeps you on your toes.

I'm glad you liked 'The Spectacular Now'. Lemme recommend this: 'Silver Linings Playbook'.
Re: 87th Academy Awards (oscars) Live ! Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 24, 2015
sholay2011:

Lol.

I think Birdman is an 'artsy' movie from what I've read about it (I haven't seen it even). It blurrs the line between fantasy and reality; what's going on in the lead character's head and what's actually happening. I think it's an unconventional movie and would like to see it. Try rewatching it.

An example of a movie I didn't get at first (and even second) viewing was 'No Country for Oldmen'. Now, I love the movie, full of suspense and keeps you on your toes.

I'm glad you liked 'The Spectacular Now'. Lemme recommend this: 'Silver Linings Playbook'.
ah, thanks bro!

(1) (Reply)

Kirikou The Cartoon / US Game Of Thrones Special Effects Editor, 29, Mauled To Death By Lion In SA / Ghollywood Or Ghallywood,which Is The Correct For The Ghana Movie Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.