Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. (3332 Views)

Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / The Six Types Of Atheists That Exists... (by Reseachers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Graviton2(m): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
nobilis:
Just reading the first line of that essay proved to me that the writer was never an atheist.

it is really pathetic the extent and the depth to which these religious people can sink in order to get people to believe in their God.

and like I mentioned in one other thread, the Jews, Muslims and Christians don't worship the same God. it is so so obvious. and I wonder why people, especially Christians, refuse to see it.

In the words of Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

1 Like

Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by nobilis: 11:36am On Feb 24, 2015
Graviton2:

In the words of Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

And he is right. Religion is and has always been a powerful tool in the hands of the ruling class. It is the medium through which they make the masses fall in line.

But yet religious people fail to see this.
Religion is the handwork of human beings.
If religion were to be originated by a supreme being, then I wonder why there are are several religions, or possibly, it means there are several supreme beings since each religion claims its deity to be supreme. Thereby, none of them is really supreme.

Even among the Abrahamic religions (those who claim descent from Abraham: Judaism, Islam and Christianity), there are three different gods beings worshipped: Yahweh, Allah and Jehovah. These three are different. And these three religions have differing ideologies.

Even among Christians, there are also differing ideologies and confusion everywhere, with each denomination interpreting the bible in whichever manner it deems fit.
Even among Muslims, there is also division with differing ideologies. The Sunni and the Shi'a muslims.
Even among Jews, there were and still are differing ideologies. That's why you have groups like the Sadducees, the Pharisees, the Essenes, the Zealots and so on and so forth.
So which is the true religion. Every religion is claiming to be the right path to God.

So you see, religion is just a shallow means to always make sure people stay in line. Karl Marx calls it the opium of the masses and that is what it really is.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Graviton2(m): 10:41am On Feb 25, 2015
nobilis:

And he is right. Religion is and has always been a powerful tool in the hands of the ruling class. It is the medium through which they make the masses fall in line.

But yet religious people fail to see this.
Religion is the handwork of human beings.
If religion were to be originated by a supreme being, then I wonder why there are are several religions, or possibly, it means there are several supreme beings since each religion claims its deity to be supreme. Thereby, none of them is really supreme.

Even among the Abrahamic religions (those who claim descent from Abraham: Judaism, Islam and Christianity), there are three different gods beings worshipped: Yahweh, Allah and Jehovah. These three are different. And these three religions have differing ideologies.

Even among Christians, there are also differing ideologies and confusion everywhere, with each denomination interpreting the bible in whichever manner it deems fit.
Even among Muslims, there is also division with differing ideologies. The Sunni and the Shi'a muslims.
Even among Jews, there were and still are differing ideologies. That's why you have groups like the Sadducees, the Pharisees, the Essenes, the Zealots and so on and so forth.
So which is the true religion. Every religion is claiming to be the right path to God.

So you see, religion is just a shallow means to always make sure people stay in line. Karl Marx calls it the opium of the masses and that is what it really is.

I concur! You have said it all.
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
zico18:
I hope this gives other mentally derailed atheist reasons to believe in the existence of the supreme being.

I would rather live like there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live like there is no God and die to find there is.

Logical!
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
zico18:
I hope this gives other mentally derailed atheist reasons to believe in the existence of the supreme being.

I would rather live like there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live like there is no God and die to find there is.
there is nothing that makes complete sense in the post in relating to science and logic. Its funny when you guys want to use science to define bible passages, it doesn't work like that
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
This writeup is just another dunce without any particular knowledge about logic and science, cherrypicking things that suits him/her.

This writer is solely talking about 'intelligent design', how evrything is being designed perfectly by an omnipotent god.

You can't just say everything is perfect or designed because of the good things, what about the children cancer? Who will account for that? What about birth defects? There are almost 90percent birth defects that we don't know what's happening, that science hasn't unravelled its mysteries yet.

What about the universe? Most planets are unstable, there are some planets that would kill life instantly, look at some gases like CO2, you can't even smell them, but if 20percent enters your lung, you 're dead. WHO DESIGNED THIS SHIT?

Have you looked into the electromagnectic spectrum, if you have, you would notice how blind we are, we can't see so many things.

Look at we human we have 25,000 genes as the writer stated, some plants have more genes than us, some plants can make some amino acids that we can't, WHO DESIGNED THIS?

We have to eat constantly, if we don't, we die, whereas some animals can eat in a week

We eat, drink and breathe through the same hole, this guarantees that 75percent of us will choke to death every year, WHO DESIGNED THIS? Some animals don't even have that kind of configuration(don't mind my choice of words). Examples are dolphins, they breathe, eat through different holes.

You can't say everything has a creator and exempt one factor/person 'GOD' you have to explain his complexity too, who created him? How did he come to being? That is not science, that is not logic.

The scientist came about using scientific tools, they ask questions and making inference using another approach not related to religion.

Science is asking questions and making inquiry,
Religion on the other hand is pretending you have the answers, you re already there. That's the difference

this is just another religious propaganda, its all about jesus and I get it.

But don't ever use religious philosophies to explain science again. You can use your bible for your spiritual whathaveyou. Leave Science OUT!.

Amefrica!!!!

Its good to be back on nairaland. Whatsup guys
Liekiller, codedboy95, muskeeto, kay17, mizmycoli, wiegraf, dapo777 and others. How have you been?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
^^Peterken05, I'm not the author angry
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by MizMyColi(f): 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hi Peterken05 smiley
Welcome back.

I see discussions about God and UnGod and I smile or just ignore.

I'm beginning to doubt the existence of a particular brand of God.
I'm talking of the Sky God. The one we've mostly made up.
The one up there in the sky, moping down at humans while we kill ourselves and engage in strife.

I'm beginning to let go of certain mindsets and ideologies. I'm tired of a powerless gospel.

There's a new paradigm.
A God-Eternal Spirit within paradigm, for me, that's where the power lies, the authority, the change we need. It runs through everyone.

Owh well, I might be stupendously wrong, but hey, this is where I'm at.
I really don't wanna expatiate, I still value my e-head.
Lol.

I wonder why I typed all this epistle sef, perhaps, it's a way of expressing self, or saying welcome back to the section of crazies tongue

3 Likes

Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
Amefrica:
^^Peterken05, I'm not the author angry

Cool
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
Hi Peterken05 smiley
Welcome back.

I'm talking the of the Sky God. The one we've mostly made up.
The one up there in the sky, moping down at humans while we kill ourselves and engage in strife.

I'm beginning to let go of certain mindsets and ideologies. I'm tired of a powerless gospel.

There's a new paradigm.
A God-Eternal Spirit within paradigm, for me, that's where the power lies, the authority, the change we need. It runs through everyone.

Lol.

I wonder why I typed all this epistle sef, perhaps, it's a way of expressing self, or saying welcome back to the section of crazies tongue

Loool, different brands of god everywhere, crazies beliefs everywhere. I don't really care about that, Unless it influences decision making in government, science etc.

As long as it is objectively verifiable, I'm okay with it.

welcome.

I've been reading your blog for a while now, its cool, there has been quite a development here.

I followed you back on twitter.
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
JMAN05:

Logical!
what's logical about the post?
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
Hi Peterken05 smiley
Welcome back.

There's a new paradigm.

Lol.

Loool, different brands of god everywhere, crazies beliefs everywhere. I don't really care about that, Unless it influences decision making in government, science etc.

welcome.

I've been reading your blog for a while now, its cool, there has been quite a development here.

Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
JMAN05:

Logical!
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
Hi Peterken05 smiley
Welcome back.

There's a new paradigm.

Lol.

welcome.

Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
JMAN05:

Logical!
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by MizMyColi(f): 8:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
Peterken05:

welcome.

Okay, is your username easy to figure out?

Thanks smiley
@blog.

We just do our best.
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
JMAN05:

Logical!
what is logical about the post?
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by wiegraf: 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
WTF do you guys never learn?!
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Okay, is your username easy to figure out?

Thanks smiley
@blog.

We just do our best.
yh, you are welcome my username is peterken005

1 Like

Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by AgentOfAllah: 10:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
zico18:

Permit me to take you up on your Pascal's wager. How does one live like there is a god?
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by ladon1: 11:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
Your prophet mohammed didn't come to preach the true God. What mohammed brought in islam is nothing but Babel(Babylon)=which is attempt by man to catch up with the glory of the true God Jehovah by self righteouesness and self effort and the best attempt the religion of islam can achieve is called 666 which means imperfection and spiritual and everlasting death. The prophet moses was the first to warn against all religiin of works and attempts by man to come to God by justification by works. All religions that is centered on works and self righteousness is not from God but from satan and anyone who died in such religion will be damned FOREVER because they have died worshiping the beast babel!
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 28, 2015
Peterken05:
This writeup is just another dunce without any particular knowledge about logic and science, cherrypicking things that suits him/her.

This writer is solely talking about 'intelligent design', how evrything is being designed perfectly by an omnipotent god.

You can't just say everything is perfect or designed because of the good things, what about the children cancer? Who will account for that? What about birth defects? There are almost 90percent birth defects that we don't know what's happening, that science hasn't unravelled its mysteries yet.

What about the universe? Most planets are unstable, there are some planets that would kill life instantly, look at some gases like CO2, you can't even smell them, but if 20percent enters your lung, you 're dead. WHO DESIGNED THIS SHIT?

Have you looked into the electromagnectic spectrum, if you have, you would notice how blind we are, we can't see so many things.

Look at we human we have 25,000 genes as the writer stated, some plants have more genes than us, some plants can make some amino acids that we can't, WHO DESIGNED THIS?

We have to eat constantly, if we don't, we die, whereas some animals can eat in a week

We eat, drink and breathe through the same hole, this guarantees that 75percent of us will choke to death every year, WHO DESIGNED THIS? Some animals don't even have that kind of configuration(don't mind my choice of words). Examples are dolphins, they breathe, eat through different holes.

You can't say everything has a creator and exempt one factor/person 'GOD' you have to explain his complexity too, who created him? How did he come to being? That is not science, that is not logic.

The scientist came about using scientific tools, they ask questions and making inference using another approach not related to religion.

Science is asking questions and making inquiry,
Religion on the other hand is pretending you have the answers, you re already there. That's the difference

this is just another religious propaganda, its all about jesus and I get it.

But don't ever use religious philosophies to explain science again. You can use your bible for your spiritual whathaveyou. Leave Science OUT!.

Amefrica!!!!

Its good to be back on nairaland. Whatsup guys
Liekiller, codedboy95, muskeeto, kay17, mizmycoli, wiegraf, dapo777 and others. How have you been?

Dude , I am no longer interested in all these religious arguments,my mind is made up,who ever wants to believe in God's existence,good for the person,whoever doesn't believe in God's existence ,good luck to the person. Its not my business anyone.

I have come to realise all these arguments aren't worth it. What's my business if they fail to see that God doesn't exist.

Right now I don't bother myself about whatever anyone beliefs, if u like worship Ur deficate ,it doesn't concern me. Na money and my education,and how to make it really big in this short life I have ,that's the most important thing.

Whether god exist or not. Its not my business anymore.
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by fuzzyrambler(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2015
nobilis:
Just reading the first line of that essay proved to me that the writer was never an atheist.

it is really pathetic the extent and the depth to which these religious people can sink in order to get people to believe in their God.

and like I mentioned in one other thread, the Jews, Muslims and Christians don't worship the same God. it is so so obvious. and I wonder why people, especially Christians, refuse to see it.

Exactly!! They refuse to understand that the only reason their gods exist is because they choose to believe he/she/they exists. The day they stop believing in them. Humanity will be in a much better place.
Re: Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. by fuzzyrambler(m): 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
johnydon22:

What they'll tell you is that god is the one who sent the man. Since man is dumb and can't do shiт on his own

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rihanna's Where Have You Been Video: Illuminati? / 8 Signs Of Spiritual Attack / Image Of The Recaptured Abobaku To Be Buried With Oni Of Ife Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.