Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You (1384 Views)

10 Cars That Have Other Names In Other Countries / See The Top 10 Cars That Can Survive The Harsh Nigerian Roads (photos) / Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 23, 2015
This post was inspired by my colleague in the office who had a car accident yesterday. Thankfully he got out alive. He owns a Nissan.

Dont know much about cars...in fact, I know nothing about cars but I hear Honda though cute and all would break down on you anytime, anyday Got this chart on dadaviz.com and thought might be helpful to anyone.
Drive safe..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by kelvine(m): 11:12am On Feb 23, 2015
Isn't this funny ? They related history of accidents with brand of cars and inferred that users of these cars are likely to die in them. Did they include other variables. I am interested in this topic,professionals please help. First of all, thank God my car is not listed here.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by Samiceman: 11:14am On Feb 23, 2015
Geez! But I have been driving a Kia Rio since 1999 and am still typing undecided

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by binie: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2015
Include Toyota hiace popularly referred to as "hummer bus" before we talk about your findings.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 23, 2015
kelvine:
Isn't this funny ? They related history of accidents with brand of cars and inferred that users of these cars are likely to die in them. Did they include other variables. I am interested in this topic,professionals please help. First of all, thank God my car is not listed here.

It was said that kias are typically bought by people who have no interest in cars at all. These people tend to drive worse since they are probably disnterested in the car or where they are going.

I would assume that most of these cars are driven by young reckless drivers since they are exotic and do not necessarily pass for a family car.
Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by kelvine(m): 11:55am On Feb 23, 2015
Learning new things

BaebieHot:

It was said that kias are typically bought by people who have no interest in cars at all. These people tend to drive worse since they are probably disnterested in the car or where they are going.

I would assume that most of these cars are driven by young reckless drivers since they are exotic and do not necessarily pass for a family car.
Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by stinggy(m): 11:57am On Feb 23, 2015
I don't even deserve to die driving any of these cars.
Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
You can be killed in a car accident by "any brand" or car make, all you need at the right variables. Please not you do not have to be in a moving car to get killed, it could be static and another driver might run into you and bam you are dead! Before you hit the road ensure you are emotionally and physically able to handle the stress and responsibilities that come with driving, also if you have not been cleared by a reputable driving school, or someone who knows how to drive very well, please avoid the highways, just remain in your small estate and keep practising, avoid hitting other people and their pets.

Another factor to consider is regular car maintenance culture, just imagine you are overtaking a trailer, and another trailer is coming in the opposite direction and just at that time your timing belt snaps, or your tyre blows out or your engine knocks, or your ball joints pull out, these are all preventable failures that can be avoided with regular scheduled preventive maintenance.

Alcohol and drugs and sleep deprivation. I don't need to talk too much on this, your reflexes are slower to respond when you are high or on drugs or sleep deprived and you are more prone to having an dagrin accident .

The chart above is not conclusive without mentioning the driving conditions and drivers ages, and drivers mental state before and after the fatal crash.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by jerflakes(m): 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
Samiceman:
Geez! But I have been driving a Kia Rio since 1999 and am still typing undecided

Firstly, you need to upgrade your car to a millenium car. (Those built from the year 2000)

Secondly and lastly, you must be a careful
Driver.

Those cars listed above didn't pass the car safety test.

So they are a warning for those very reckless drivers that even speed and make a sharp turn on slippery roads.
Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Thank Obatala my BMW is absent from the list.

Engineers like the Germans......None! grin
Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by nurey(m): 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
If you are driving any car, any car at all and at 100km/ph you slammed into a parked trailer, that driver is likely to die. This list is not really true except for the kia rio which is made in naija, heard it has no air bags, so drivers and passengers are more likely to get injured in it if and only if you drive it recklessly and use it to perform stunt a camaro was built to perform. Lol
Re: Top 10 Cars Most Likely To Kill You by vanndubi: 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
Samiceman:

Thank God for your life smiley

(1) (Reply)

How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work / Vintage Benz Left To Rot / Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.