Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,498 members, 7,954,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:16 PM

Don't Stop Being YOU!!!!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Stop Being YOU!!!!!! (483 Views)

When Is One Expected To Stop Being Unclad In Front Of One's Kids? / Girl 9 Stabbed Herself to death To Stop Being Married Out In Sokoto See Photo / Stop Being Fake!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Stop Being YOU!!!!!! by darisgod(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
I was watching a scene from the movie "coming to America" where Prince Akeem was meeting his arranged bride for the first time. He asked her a few questions to which she responded "whatever you like your highness". Then she went on to say "ever since I was born, I've been trained to serve you". The prince responded "I know what I like and I know you know what I like, but I would like to know, what do you like? And she responded "whatever you like your highness". The scene ends when he asked her to bark like a dog and hop on one leg....and you know the rest of the story.
So my question to you married women today is - what do you like?
I see many married women lose their identity in their marriages because they end up with the attitude of 'whatever you like my husband'. At the end of the day the man is frustrated because he can't tell the different between you and him - to him you have become just like him and there is no variety. He might like it at first but trust me before long he will 'travel' to the 'americas' to go find his queen.
Ladies, do not lose yourself because you are married- its only marriage - a 'joining' of two beings - your half and his half - not all of his and none of yours. You were not giving him different sex styles (hopefully) before he decided to marry you but he was still hanging around. So your different sex styles and position was not what he married. He married you for your uniqueness, so you can add spice to his life. If you like watching movies, please drag him to the cinema with you or create your own movie watching at home. Don't stop going because he does not like it. If he hates to write love letters, don't stop writing yours because I promise you that he has kept the ones you've written in the back of his wallet.
Don't stop being YOU because it was YOU he married in the first place. Don't be a "whatever you want me to be" kind of wife.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Question Of The DAY! / 3 Ways To Success / Magical Shoe Size Can Always Tell Your Age. watch this!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.