Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... (107150 Views)

Well Maintain 2 Story Building Is S For Sale @ Alapere Kosofe Lagos (pics) / Sarafoam Building Is Currently Burning In Lagos (Photos) / 3 Story Building Is For Sale In Surulere Around Masha Kilo For N75M 08038156694 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by FastShipping: 11:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
Empiree:
Op, do you also have American standard toilets?. The picture before kitchen sink resembles American standard. The difference is American is downward and narrow. But Nigerian standard is wide and backward.

My question is do you install American standard toilet as well?.

American Standard and Kohler are the best available but they are not being used in Nigeria. I went to Home Depot over the weekend on window shopping and I was impressed on varieties to choose from. I think it is better to buy every bathroom wares in the U.S, except toilet seats and toilet bowls. Vanities bathroom cabinets available here are superb. There should be no room for comparison.
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by Empiree: 11:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
FastShipping:

American Standard and Kohler are the best available but they are not being used in Nigeria. I went to Home Depot over the weekend on window shopping and I was impressed on varieties to choose from. I think it is better to buy every bathroom wares in the U.S, except toilet seats and toilet bowls. Vanities bathroom cabinets available here are superb. There should be no room for comparison.
But is there any company that knows how to install American standard toilet in nija?

Why did you say to buy toilet seats and bowls in nigeria?.

Well, buying everything in the US may be good for only US based. Nigeria homeowners better buy from Mr. EndiaSami

2 Likes

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by mufutau55(m): 12:26am On Apr 15, 2015
Empiree:
But is there any company that know how to install American standard toilet in nija?
Why did you say to buy toilet seats and bowls in Nigeria?.
Well, buying everything in the US may be good for only US based. Nigeria homeowners better buy from Mr. EndiaSami

There are some experienced Plumbers who can install American Toilets in Nigeria... a friend of mine has all installed.
You need to make sure you buy enough "Flanges" also the plumber has to route the pipes underground...

Hajji M.
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by Empiree: 12:32am On Apr 15, 2015
mufutau55:

There are lots of experienced Plumbers who can install American Toilets in Nigeria... a friend of mine has all installed.
You need to make sure you buy enough "Flanges" also the plumber has to route the pipes underground...

Hajji M.
This is good news. I am sure they sell enough FLANGES in Nigeria cus I really dont want to buy wrong thing unless (if) it's all the same (fit)
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by mufutau55(m): 12:43am On Apr 15, 2015
Empiree:
This is good news. I am sure they sell enough FLANGES in Nigeria cus I really dont want to buy wrong thing unless (if) it's all the same (fit)

NO. There is no flanges in Nigeria toilets.. that is why I said you need to buy many extras from here, Homedepot have them.
They are all 4ins diameter and make sure you buy the red rubber fittings you see on that flanges too... makes it air-tight.
We had a discussion and lessons about this in one of the thread few years ago.. I will post it, if I can locate it.
The flanges gets bolted to the floor before you insert the bottom of the toilet into it..
Do a search on youtube for installing American toilets..

Note: Nigeria toilets passes thru the back, while American toilets passes thru under the toilet.

Hajji M.
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by FastShipping: 1:13am On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by Empiree: 1:28am On Apr 15, 2015
mufutau55:

NO. There is no flanges in Nigeria toilets.. that is why I said you need to buy many extras from here, Homedepot have them.
They are all 4ins diameter and make sure you buy the red rubber fittings you see on that flanges too... makes it air-tight.
We had a discussion and lessons about this in one of the thread few years ago.. I will post it, if I can locate it.
The flanges gets bolted to the floor before you insert the bottom of the toilet into it..
Do a search on youtube for installing American toilets..

Note: Nigeria toilets passes thru the back, while American toilets passes thru under the toilet.

Hajji M.
Thank God I asked. I didn't think about this. I thought they sell flanges in nija now. So how many flanges per toilet?
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by Empiree: 1:34am On Apr 15, 2015
FastShipping:

Some Nigerian plumbers are aware of what American Standard all about. As Hajj said, buy flanges as many as possible. In my own case, I am only buying bathroom vanity cabinets, faucets, and sinks from here except toilet bowls and toilet seats. Home Depot has some complete vanities for around $700-$800 each. Luxury Agatha Sweethome Water Closets and Luxury Emerald Sweethome Water Closets sold by Sweet Homes bathroom, Lagos are superb enough for me. You can check them out here at http://www.sweethomebathrooms.com/home/home.php?pageName=product&pageTitle=sanitarywares#!prettyPhoto . My only grouse with them is for them not to be selling stainless steel faucets. Most Nigerian hardware stores only sell faucets in chrome anyway.

I prefer chrome actually. Oh wait oh, is there any difference btw stainless and chrome anyways?....they're identical.
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by Empiree: 1:38am On Apr 15, 2015
EndiaSami:
Thanks to notable nairalanders for their patronage. We believe in Good quality. 07036341294.
You've website?
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by FastShipping: 1:38am On Apr 15, 2015
Empiree:
I prefer chrome actually. Oh wait oh, is there any difference btw stainless and chrome anyways?....they're identical.

They look alike but stainless steel is a lot better. Go to home depot and see the difference. I used to be a fan of chrome until I saw stainless steel faucets.
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by FastShipping: 1:39am On Apr 15, 2015
[,,
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by Empiree: 1:44am On Apr 15, 2015
FastShipping:

http://www.sweethomebathrooms.com/home/home.php?pageName=product&pageTitle=sanitarywares#!prettyPhoto
Oh that's is site you gave earlier. I thought some place else. alright cool. Thanks. Price list seems a bit difficult to navigate. Maybe it's programmed like that?
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by FastShipping: 1:47am On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by Empiree: 1:56am On Apr 15, 2015
FastShipping:

They don't have prices on their products. That is common with Nigerian sellers.

Check this website also: http://www.qmbmart.com/
^This one is fair enough.

I have noticed that for long too. But if they list prices doesn't mean customers wont buy. There will always be competitors anyways. They need to change their marketing strategy.

1 Like

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by mufutau55(m): 2:01am On Apr 15, 2015
Empiree:
Thank God I asked. I didn't think about this. I thought they sell flanges in nija now. So how many flanges per toilet?

It's only flanges per toilet... but they are breakables.... so it may be broken with your plumber... so buy extras, they are cheap...
I am still looking for the thread and I will post it... I have some good things at Indiasami store too..

Note: I prefer that flange with red top.. because that red top is aluminium/steel ring that covers the actual flange which is ceramic.
Remember you need the flanges, the air-tight rubber, and the wax. Ask them for all this at the HomeDepot or other stores Toilets are sold.

Check out this youtube video, you can search for more for your understanding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpzto_JJ3w4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O4tBYcKqrE

This is Flange lessons, tips and tricks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOZay8ONQrg

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by mufutau55(m): 2:09am On Apr 15, 2015
Installations.

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by mufutau55(m): 2:22am On Apr 15, 2015
@Empiree and Others

Please read this thread from like Page 13-15 for the plumbing and the installation of American toilets.. the toilets and baths are all Americans.

https://www.nairaland.com/744862/building-bungalow-lagos/13

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by mufutau55(m): 2:42am On Apr 15, 2015
Installation of Nigeria/Europe type of Toilets: (You can see the difference between America and Nigeria Toilet Installation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0KzGGzAM7Q

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by Empiree: 2:51am On Apr 15, 2015
This is nice one and educative. Thanks @ haji mufutau55

Now, I dont think plumber will have much problem installing American standard on main floor. How about 2nd floor. Decking is obstacle here. I guess the holes have to made in the deck process otherwise, it will be difficult design holes for the commodes
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by mufutau55(m): 2:54am On Apr 15, 2015
Empiree:
This is nice one and educative. Thanks @ haji mufutau55
Now, I dont think plumber will have much problem installing American standard on main floor. How about 2nd floor. Decking is obstacle here. I guess the holes have to made in deck process otherwise, it will be difficult design holes for the commodes

You got it... the pipes will need to be installed during the decking process just like they do for other plumbings or the electrical pipes..
Everything will need to be well planned...

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by mufutau55(m): 3:45am On Apr 15, 2015
Installation in Nigeria.. after plumbing pipe and tiles is installed... (I think the plumbing pipe is 4 inches diameter wide)
Insert the flanges with the red rubber tight into the plumbing pipe use two sides screw to the ground and other half sticking out
to hold down the toilet itself. Insert the Wax to the toilet bottom and bolt the toilet to the flanges on the floor...
See some pictures below.

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by mufutau55(m): 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
I am staying with Nigeria toilets though for easiness of everything... and
I will surely patronize Endiasami Sweethome store in future or soon. I see good stuff on their site with good prices.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by EndiaSami: 7:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
ahmedonia4real:

thanks for the mail.........I will call you soon.

Thank
ok sir. thank you
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by EndiaSami: 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Empiree:
But is there any company that know how to install American standard toilet in nija?

Why did you say to buy toilet seats and bowls in nigeria?.

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by EndiaSami: 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
hello beloved. thanks sir hajji.M. for the information shared. also thanks to fastshipping. @ empiree, yes there are professionals in the field that neatly install those type of toilets. could easily get one for you
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by EndiaSami: 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
mufutau55:
I am staying with Nigeria toilets though for easiness of everything... and
I will surely patronize Endiasami Sweethome store in future or soon. I see good stuff on their site with good prices .

Hajji M.
. thank you much boss. it would be a pleasure. smiley
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by EndiaSami: 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
spent almost the whole day with segcymoor. great working time all through... welcomed sir brabus to the office days ago.. great. it was a pleasure
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by EndiaSami: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
Empiree:
You've website?
yes. but its rarely being updated and not always functioning.
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by EndiaSami: 7:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
Empiree:
Op, do you also have American standard toilets?. The picture before kitchen sink resembles American standard. The difference is American is downward and narrow. But Nigerian standard is wide and backward.

My question is do you install American standard toilet as well?.
no. thats not the american standard wc. its the british/nigerian standard.
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by EndiaSami: 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
sink mixers. quality + luxury 07036341294.

Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by Empiree: 8:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
EndiaSami:
yes. but its rarely being updated and not always functioning.
umm, thats bad. Dont they have regular website manager(s) that track sales etc
Re: Your Building Is Incomplete If It Lacks These ... by EndiaSami: 8:04am On Apr 16, 2015
Empiree:
umm, thats bad. Dont they have regular website manager(s) that track sales etc
. In our case there is not. Since The website is just use in showcasing products only. But its been worked on. Will post it here when its fully updated

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Professional Screeding /pop And Painting Designs Works(pictures) / Roofing sheets: Prices of all types of Aluminium Roofing sheets in Nigeria / Most Current Prices For Original Long Lasting Turkey Doors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.