Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,750 members, 7,955,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:17 PM

Top Ten Photographs From My Camera - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Top Ten Photographs From My Camera (1683 Views)

Famous Photos: 50 Influential Photographs That Changed Our World / Hyper Realistic Artworks That Are Hard To Believe Aren’t Photographs / My Camera Lens Can't Auto-focus Any Longer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by Abosi31(m): 7:25am On Feb 24, 2015
I love photography. Yes I do. I have always loved the idea of being a camera wielding nomad, who shoots on
sight. These are my ten best shots of the second half of 2014. All shots were taken in Rivers State, Southern
Nigeria .

Enjoy the ride. Remember to like, and comment. Then of course, share.

#10. Stalking the Stork
A stork or shekeleke (little white dot on your screen) stands alone in UNIPORT Cricket pitch, obviously enjoying
the serenity. I had to shoot from far off, so I wouldn't spook her.
Abuja Campus, UNIPORT. 11:43AM

#9. Overcast
From inside a car, I shoot the dark clouds gathering above Port Harcourt Town axis. It will rain.
Mile 2, Port Harcourt. 02:00PM

#8. Surulere
Students wait for buses to take them home after classes. It had rained heavily and was still drizzling when I
took this one.
Abuja Campus, UNIPORT. 05:40PM

#7. Almond Shade
Students wait for classes under the shade of an almond tree. The sun was fiery that day, and I loved the
accommodating peaceful nature of the tree, not minding its size. I reflected on how anyone that makes it big
today in life becomes proud, and unaccommodating.
Abuja Campus, UNIPORT. 12:45PM

#6. End of the Road
Children on their way home from school get stuck where the walkway ends into a flood. It rained heavily. I
thought they might be contemplating whether to wade through the water or find another route.
Mile 1, Port Harcourt. 02:15PM

#5. The Great Help
A girl finally summons the courage to wade across, and holds out a helping hand to the next boy crossing.
Touching. If we all could help ourselves in times of want and despair. . Also, we can see a mother (her baby
asleep on her back), talking to the fruit vendor. She's probably asking if it's safe for her to enter the dirty water.
Mile 1, Port Harcourt. 02:02

Culled from: http://www.escapedmydiary..com/2015/02/photography-top-ten-photos-from-my.html#!/2015/02/photography-top-ten-photos-from-my.html

Re: Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by Abosi31(m): 7:30am On Feb 24, 2015

Re: Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by Larrysung(m): 7:31am On Feb 24, 2015
nice work bro
Re: Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by Abosi31(m): 7:33am On Feb 24, 2015
Larrysung:
nice work bro

Thanks Larry
Re: Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by hareskay(m): 7:43am On Feb 24, 2015
Beautiful shots u got there
Re: Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by Abosi31(m): 8:08am On Feb 24, 2015
grin grin ; ) thanks guys, really. I'm finding trouble uploading the other five. .
Re: Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by Blanc8(m): 8:59am On Feb 24, 2015
The pictures are making sense... the storyline also is cool

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by VillageBoi(m): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
Not bad at all.

Try a little 'compositional' adjustment next time you shoot - try 'rule of thirds'... in a lot of these shots there is too much foreground. Shoot a few different ones with the 'sky' about one-thirds from the top and then two-thirds and then notice how different the horizon will be also do that with 'subjects' on the vertical thirds and then see how the 'eye' is led somewhere. These are not set rules but if you learn them well first you'll see how much better you'll become. Practice, practice.
Re: Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by Abosi31(m): 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
VillageBoi:
Not bad at all.

Try a little 'compositional' adjustment next time you shoot - try 'rule of thirds'... in a lot of these shots there is too much foreground. Shoot a few different ones with the 'sky' about one-thirds from the top and then two-thirds and then notice how different the horizon will be also do that with 'subjects' on the vertical thirds and then see how the 'eye' is led somewhere. These are not set rules but if you learn them well first you'll see how much better you'll become. Practice, practice.

Thank you sir.
Re: Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by VillageBoi(m): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2015
Abosi31:

Thank you sir.
You're welcome.

Here is a short video lesson on 'Rule of thirds'. I hope some people find it to be useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzx1kZUb5SM

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Photographs From My Camera by Abosi31(m): 6:50am On Feb 26, 2015
The rest of the collection #4 to #1

#4. Old Man's Wade
An old man, supported by his stick makes his way across the flood, as onlookers watch attentively.
Mile 1, Port Harcourt. 02:25

#3. Le Splash
A girl giggles as she is baptised by her friends or course mates. The occasion is probably her birthday.
Abuja Campus, UNIPORT. 12:05PM

#2. Hell Ride
A car burns after it crashed into a ditch. Its unconscious driver and her daughter were actually pulled out before it burst into flames.
East West Road, Alakahia. 08:02PM

#1. Gaze upon Death
On their way home from school, children stop to stare at the carcass of a goat on the street, which was probably hit by a car. I was wondering what the kids were thinking, as they looked upon violent death, although of an animal.
Choba. 12:11PM

(1) (Reply)

Your Val Design / Is This The Best Picture On Earth / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.