Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

On The Proposed Asup Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / On The Proposed Asup Strike (438 Views)

ASUP Begins Nationwide Strike Today- 30th January 2017 / Asup Flays Move To Reduce Lecturers Retirement Age / Proposed Pegans School Uniform In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On The Proposed Asup Strike by donkolawolu(m): 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2015
"We live in the part of the world where injustice has swallowed our rights" - Don Kolawolu

On the proposed ASUP Strike

It is no more news that tomorrow, 25th of February, 2015, if the FG fails to address this issue ASUP will go on strike indefinitely again, then they may not resume in the next 2 months like it has always been.

But let it be known that between 2013 and 2014 Asup went on strike for 11months and they didn't achieve their aim, so why did they resume work? Now, they will resume strike again and what is the evidence that they will win this again? Is it not the students that suffer most? let me do the calculation not to task your thinking faculty, students that resumed 2012/2013 session are still in school up till now ( example Fed Poly Ede, Fed Poly Offa) , been delayed by this unwarranted strikes.

Okay, to be fair about it, I pray the FG not to pay ASUP members' salaries for the duration of strike and let's see if they are really fighting for the interest of the students like they claimed or their own interests.

But most times it baffles me and I wonder what kind of government will wait for the workers to strike before listening to their pleas, education is one of the objectives that the country should provide for its citizen sacred to Section 18, Federal Republic of Nigeria Constitution, 1999 as amended.

I hope the FG will heed to their requests even at this crucial time before things fall apart totally.

Unwarranted Strike is an infringement on the rights on the students. Let all party be fair to each other and the students should not always be at the loosing end.

DON KOLAWOLU
24-02-2015

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Disagrees With ASUP; Strike Imminent / JAMB CBT - On That Day ... / Score Above 220 On UTME 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.