Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market (839 Views)

Chinese New Mobile Brand, Cagabi Debuts In The Smartphone Market With Two Models / One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone / Infinix Hot Note 16+2 Version Expected To Dominate The Smartphone Market In 9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by Wittylens(m): 7:46am On Feb 25, 2015
According to Market Research by IDC , Apple (iOS) and Google (Android) are dominating the Smartphone market by a large mile. In 2014 , Google Accounted for 81.5% of smartphones shipped while Apple had 14.8% of the market share.

A combination of Apple and Google's market share give us a staggering 96.3% , leaving Blackberry and Microsoft with just 4% between them.

However , Despite its large share of the market , Google (Android) isn't making as much profit as expected. Apple is said to be raking in 90% of profits in the smartphone market.

Even though Samsung faced a decline in sales last year, the handset manufacturer sold more devices than the next five vendors combined. Most of Android's Growth however, came from Chinese vendors such as Xiaomi, Huawei, Lenovo and ZTE. Xiaomi announced that it soldĀ 61.12 million smartphones in 2014, with Huawei achievingĀ 75million Sales.

Source : http://androidnigeria.com.ng/google-and-apple-continue-to-dominate-smartphone-market

1 Like

Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by Hawlahscho(m): 7:59am On Feb 25, 2015
grin FTC grin

Tiri gbosa for Google. Reliabl!

1 Like

Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by tolu4you: 8:54am On Feb 25, 2015
fake..... how many fone google dey do?
Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by Wittylens(m): 9:41am On Feb 25, 2015
tolu4you:
Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by lanre316: 10:10am On Feb 25, 2015
tolu4you:

What's the name of the cave you've been living in?

2 Likes

Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2015
lanre316:

Ask am again.... The ghuy from sambisa shaa

2 Likes

Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by Warlord3000(m): 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
I guess that's how the pattern of thing is gonna be or remain for the main time before it eventually tilt for new stuff or new OS..

Only thing constant in life is change. smiley
Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by tolu4you: 1:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
lanre316:

just answer my question.... how many fones
Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by lanre316: 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
tolu4you:

just answer my question.... how many fones

So you want to tell me you don't know that Google owns Android, the OS that powers most of the smartphones on earth today?

1 Like

Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
tolu4you:
In case u don't know- Google makes android operating system and makes nexus

1 Like

Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by briensmith: 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hi,

I am looking to Carrier IQ for answers here and not HTC because of how many devices this is on. I just happen to use HTC devices, which is why I discovered the application on those phones. It's very bare bones, you don't have much configuration ability. Most of the alternatives. I've only had time to glance over Nexus 6 reviews. Main point I was looking for were battery life expectations.

Thanks,

buy cheap mobile phones online
Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by tolu4you: 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
Olamide1997:
Google owns android os not fones.
Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by tolu4you: 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
Olamide1997:
google makes just nexus fones..... they own android operating system.
Apple ios And Google android Continue To Dominate Smartphone operating system fixed.
Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
tolu4you:

google makes just nexus fones..... they own android operating system.
Apple ios And Google android Continue To Dominate Smartphone operating system fixed.
We are saying the same thing- The android OS owned by Google is used by SAMSUNG, HTC, XIAOMI, ONE PLUS, INFINIX, SONY, MOTOROLA, TECNO, HUAWEI, e.t.c. In summary, Google dominates 90% of smartphone industry.

2 Likes

Re: Apple And Google Continue To Dominate Smartphone Market by Wittylens(m): 10:37am On Feb 26, 2015
I still can't believe some people don't know who Owns Android Os

(1) (Reply)

You Care About How Old You Look? Microsoft Can Guess Your Age Using This Web-app / Tired Of Waiting For Oneplus 2 Invite? Purchase Directly / How To Use Mtn N2,500 Night Data Plan 24/7 [4.5gb]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.