Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,910 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Nemesis Catches Up With Neymar - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nemesis Catches Up With Neymar (660 Views)

Read Exclusive Interview With Neymar Talks About His 4 Year Old Son And More / Q And A With Neymar / Drogba Catches Up With Former Galatasaray Team-mates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nemesis Catches Up With Neymar by jackthelad01: 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2015
see full story at
http://jtlsports..com/2015/02/nemisis-catches-up-with-neymar.html

In January 2015, Neymar Jr had this to say in response to Ronaldo's reaction to provocation on the pitch... 'Anyone in this job is exposed to provocation and intimidation, especially strikers. What happened to Cristiano could have happened to anyone.

but it cannot go unpunished. Sometimes you're provoked, like Zidane or me, but you have to focus on ignoring it. But I don't work for the competition's committee and I don't like to talk about other teams."

Just yesterday Barcelona striker, Neymar Jr, was involved in an altercation with a Manchester City fan in his team's 1-2 victory at the Etihad stadium in Manchester. The scene, was the first leg of the Champions league tie between two of football's powerhouses ,and as such, all eyes were on the Etihad Stadium last night. The Brazilian superstar was substituted after a sub par performance in the second half.While on the bench and seeing the game out, he had no idea his words would come back to hunt him. He was provoked to anger by a Portuguese speaking Manchester City fan letting himself down in the process.

This incident could see the Barcelona forward face disciplinary action by UEFA in the the days to come. With all this said, my take on the story, is that footballer's should be careful with the statements they make as competitors, as they never know when their statements could come back to hunt them. Neymar's reaction yesterday is a clear example.In Neymar's attempt to castigate a rival Ronaldo he stated that when provoked the best cause of action as a footballer is to ignore provocation. He certainly was not able to practice what he preaches and could now face the same punishment he thought was right for Ronaldo.
Re: Nemesis Catches Up With Neymar by xpac01(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
Nice story from a chelsed fan.

1 Like

Re: Nemesis Catches Up With Neymar by blueandbirds(m): 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
Its obvious dat dis op is a madrid fan we'll done mr man..
Re: Nemesis Catches Up With Neymar by jackthelad01: 5:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
I am not Madrid fan. View the link.
Re: Nemesis Catches Up With Neymar by wyzvic004(m): 8:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
but did he slapped nor headbutted d fan?

(1) (Reply)

Merry Bet Giving The Best Of Presidential Election Who Will Win... / Quality Solar Panels In Lagos At Affordable Rate More Than Ever... Pics / My Bet Wining System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.