Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:09 AM

Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left (1479 Views)

7 CRAZY Hilarious Things Adekunle Gold Did Before Fame / Police CID Panti, Yaba On Fire / Lifeless Body Of A Young Man In Yaba, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
I have always heard "yaba left', but never really thought twice about the place until two days ago. I had an appointment with a client..or maybe i am the client :p (who knows) but the client asked me to meet at Federal Neuropsychiatric hospital, Yaba.
I thought about all the rave reviews the place has been getting on nairaland (e.g did you escape from yaba left? or Your bedspace has been booked in yaba left) and my heart skipped.
I also thought about the "normal" situation of government owned facilities and my heart double skipped. I imagined all types of scenarios "escaped men, naked women running around , yours truly being mistaken for a yaba left escapee, particularly disturbing images of people catching flies and eating them ( several nigerian movies portray that as the first sign that someone is schizo) and finally one person running up to me and prophesying about my future (again thanks to nigerian movies) so I decided to prepare myself. I did the following:-
1. DRESSED UP: I dressed to kill mehn! I got on the most expensive pair of pantsuit I owned, got the drycleaner to double starch and iron and then sprayed the most expensive perfume I own, with this pair of killer high heels. I mean, A mad woman cant dress up like this na...abi? My make up ehn, omo no be here oooo.
2. Dark SunShades: This was to make myself look less approachable. At least if any escapee decides to run up to me, e no go fit talk na, by the time I use the visible lower half of my face to frown seriously...no be so?
3. NO BLUETOOTH EARPIECE : Abeg, we don't want one overenthusiastic employee to think that " this extremely well dressed lady is talking to herself" she must be one of our patients. Let's capture her and at least ask her a few questions just to be sure.
4. Grammar : yep! i familiarised myself with several colloquial terms like, hi what"s up? and "yeah" and "cool". it has been said (dont ask me by whom) that mad men often speak formally.
5. Directions : I crammed the google page for directions, with lagosians and their need to give directions rather than just say "i dont know where that is" , i didnt want to find myself having to walk up and down asking strangers "please where is yaba left?' or worse still "would you be so kind as to furnish me with details on how to get to the federal neuropsychiatric hospital yaba, which by the way,also goes by the synonym "yaba left"? O boy na capture be that.
6. Make up a story : just in case I get lost i rehearsed this story about how i want to visit my brother's friend"s two times removed cousin's sister in law...just in case madness is genetic. cheesy
7. Lastly, i reminded myself severally to NOT use the words "crazy" , "mad" or "insane" in refering to myself even if what i meant to say is "I am not mad" because it is believed that the only people who vehemently protest their insanity are indeed insane!
After doing all the above, i took a deep breath, and started my journey.
If you can think of anything else i could have done , you can add it below...cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by buygala(m): 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
So op had a business meeting at Yaba left? embarassed

That's really so very very cool embarassed

But op,

Why are you talking as if you are still there?
Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2015
To be sincere...... You must be one of the escapees angry

no offeince
Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
I seriously want to know how it all ended.

1 Like

Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by Akkord4gov: 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
K
Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by alberto2k(m): 6:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
Just tell us the truth... You escaped from yabaleft again with a stolen phone undecided

1 Like

Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by falconey(m): 6:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
OP this should be your title" my experience in the MENTAL ASYLUM

1 Like

Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by lirusehn(m): 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
AmALilgodSoDontQuoteMe:

u left Yaba so fast

undecided
Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
zick19:
To be sincere...... You must be one of the escapees angry

no offeince
for me to know and for you to wonder tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by tobillionaire(m): 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
changes1:
... Exactly

1 Like

Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
changes1:
LOL! let's just say that it was totally different than i imagined. Kudos to the management of that place....although i was a bit confused/taken aback when the security guards opened the gate and said welcome back madam shocked... I hurriedly said abeg o, this is my first time. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by temitemi1(m): 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
Normal people don't starch pantsuit though grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
bigdiva:

LOL! let's just say that it was totally different than i imagined. Kudos to the management of that place....although i was a bit confused/taken aback when the security guards opened the gate and said welcome back madam shocked... I hurriedly said abeg o, this is my first time. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

OMG!!! Welcome back? Upon your dressing?

hehehehe... The devil is a liar.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
temitemi1:
Normal people don't starch pantsuit though grin cheesy grin
In my defence, i didnt starch it by myself tongue tongue tongue
Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by ShirelleBaby: 9:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
Bigdiva

Oya come oh
This story go make sense.
Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
ShirelleBaby:
Bigdiva

Oya come oh
This story go make sense.
Re: Seven Things This Nairalander Did Before Visiting Yaba Left by theorbiters: 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
bigdiva:

LWKMthroway. Welcome back!! Chai. Na welcome back indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Hurricane Hits India(chennai) (flooded) It Is / What The Heavy Rain Just Caused At Sango Otta / 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.