Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

:( - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / :( (859 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

:( by Crimescene: 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
sad
Re: :( by davien(m): 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
Crimescene:
I need your opinion. How can the earth be 4.6 billion years old when since Christ, there has been only 2000+ years and since Moses there has been about the same time span?

Radiometric dating confirms(using different isotopes),that the earth is 4.5 million years old...

Your religion claims your "saviour" came 2000 years ago to fulfill jewish prophecies..I.e the return of "immanuel"

Science,with empirical/demonstrable methods have given us a good comprehension of the earth.

Your religion was established in a pre-scientific era,where "bats were fowls" and it was believed that you could cure leprosy by dipping "birds blood" on the infected.

So it is really up to you to learn about the two I.e science and religion...

How "supernatural" was once the answer for everything,and how "natural" is now the answer for those things..

I would advise you to go read on radiometric dating methods and the various isotopes used to do so,you could even watch videos on youtube on the subject.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: :( by finofaya: 11:03pm On Feb 25, 2015
I don't think the Bible gives the precise age of the earth. If you don't interpret the creation story literally, you can fit quite a number of years into the first five "days". Since God decided to spend time creating the world, as opposed to just doing it all in less than an infinitely small moment, he might have just as well done it in billions of years as in days.

You also have the option of simply disregarding the scientific age of the earth. For all we know, the scientists are wrong, for God has tweaked their instruments.

(1) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: God And Mammon / Prophet Dr Chris Okafor / Two Great Ages For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.