Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,404 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

How To Eat Yourself Pregnant - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Eat Yourself Pregnant (4011 Views)

See The Snake My Friend Uncle Killed For Her To Eat (photos) / Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. / 10 Foods You May Not Know That Are Healthier To Eat Raw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Eat Yourself Pregnant by tsquaure(f): 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
In my TTC (trying to conceive) journey I have come across various articles and write ups on improving my fertility , hence I decided to share this one with any one passing through this phase (This too shall pass away)
I culled this from the Guardian newspapers and also books by Zita West a popular Fertility expert . I have edited it to suit the Nigerian environment . I hope this helps someone .
FOODS TO IMPROVE SEXUAL MOODS & LIBIDO
Try known aphrodisiac foods like Oysters, chocolate, Banana, Avocado Almonds.
YOUR MONTHLY CYCLE & DIET
The monthly cycle begins on the first day of menstruation . bleeding leads to depletion of iron in the body so at this stage women are counseled to eat foods rich in iron like lean red meat , beans & pulses, dark leafy vegetables like spinach, ugwu(pumpkin leaf) ,
Vitamin C is needed for iron absorption so support with fruits such as berries , oranges, grapes
If you suffer from period pain, try taking an omega-3 supplement to help reduce levels of inflammation in your body.
PHASE 2 Your body prepares for Ovulation . This differ from woman to woman . Many at this stage feel attractive , full of energy & flirtatious During this phase, stock up on your B-vitamins, which are important for hormonal balance.
B-vitamins also help with healthy cell division (a crucial part of babymaking). Some foods are especially good sources of just one B vitamin, while other foods contain several B vitamins. Luckily, B vitamins are widely distributed throughout the food supply, so if you're eating a varied, balanced diet that includes foods from all food groups, you’re most likely getting as many vitamins as you need.
Vitamin B foods are fish , crabs , shrimps mussel(snail), milk ,eggs , dark leafy vegetable, chicken turkey
Lecithin (a phospholipid found in animal products) will help to keep your cell membranes healthy like peanuts , egg yolk , liver, avocado
Also keep eating the vitamin-C-rich foods as this vitamin is thought to increase the amount of water in your cervical mucus, making it more plentiful Food like Brocolli , vegetables . citrus food will do you a lot of good
Foods rich in capsaicin, isoflavones and L-arginine (such as watermelon encourage the body to make nitric oxide (NO).
This compound helps to dilate your blood vessels, easing blood flow through your whole system, which is good news for your reproductive organs (including your genitals, uterus and ovaries).
Finally, for healthy implantation to during this crucial part of your cycle, your immune system needs to be in optimum. This is where many women fall short . For this reason, stock up on vitamin D – the workhorse of your immunity.
Exposing your skin to sunlight is the best way to get your body to manufacture this vitamin, but it is also present in salmon and sardines, and in mushrooms (if you’re vegetarian)

1 Like

Re: How To Eat Yourself Pregnant by tsquaure(f): 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
Phase 3

This is the luteal phase of your cycle.
The corpus luteum (the ruptured ovarian follicle that produces progesterone to thicken the womb lining, close the cervix and maintain a pregnancy) contains a high level of betacarotene, which is the orange–yellow pigment found mainly in foods such as carrots and as well as other vegetables.
Betacarotene is also a powerful antioxidant – a free-radical scavenger that helps protect your cells from damage.
During this phase of your cycle, try to include plenty of betacarotene-rich foods in your diet, including Carrots, collard, spinach, potato

Phase four
If no fertilisation has occurred, your hormone levels start to fall.
During this phase you may begin to feel more lethargic again - it's this time (on the run-up to your period) that many women find they crave sweet foods.
Remember your 80:20 leeway and allow yourself the odd treat, but try to make sure that generally you eat foods that will keep your blood sugar stable.
Your cycle begins at the end of this phase - marked by the moment you get your period.
RUN AWAY FROM ARTIFICIAL SWEETNERS , Processed sugars , caffeine and carbonated drinks Summary
Vegtables fruits & a balanced diet is key . Carbohydrates rich in fibre like oat meal are good , but vitamins play a bigger role in fertility .
BON CHANCE

1 Like

Re: How To Eat Yourself Pregnant by PrettySpicey(f): 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Thank you for this. Would try it.
Re: How To Eat Yourself Pregnant by tsquaure(f): 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
I hope it works wonders for u. I will be back with fundamental questions u should ask your self about ur diet if u are trying to concieve
Re: How To Eat Yourself Pregnant by tsquaure(f): 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
I hope it works wonders for u. I will be back with fundamental questions u should ask your self about ur diet if u are trying to conceive
Re: How To Eat Yourself Pregnant by tsquaure(f): 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
Fertility is a whole body event n not just what happens in our reproductive organs. The following principles are fundamental for a couple to take to heart about their eating habits when trying to enhance or restore fertility
1. Are ur digestive system working optimally to absorbing vital nutrients from food
2.is there blood sugar balance for good hormonal control
3. What about the acid / alkaline balance
4. How minimal are these enviromental hormone disrupter in your system painkillers alcohol cigarette mono sodium glumate drugs.
5. How are your stress levels
6. Are u overweight or underweight
All these factors except for 5 are directly linked to a couples eating habits n must be checked.
Re: How To Eat Yourself Pregnant by Rute(f): 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
Following ..... Good job my dear
Re: How To Eat Yourself Pregnant by tsquaure(f): 10:58am On Mar 04, 2015
following my last post
let's treat number 1
getting your digestive system to work optimally
zita west's tags it as Back to the basics

1.chew your food well
2. make time to eat , dont eat on the run
3. dont drink water before you eat, it dilutes stomach digestive juices
4.dont eat when upset , emotional angry or tired in chinese philosopy this is believed to knot your qi and block digestion
5. avoid raw food late in the evening, as theses are hard to digest . have a salad in the morning or afternoon
6. limit cabohydrates after 4pm as they can cause fermentation , the digestive system slows down later in the day and certain foods eaten at this time will ferment and give off alcohols which can weaken the digestive system
7.eat only until full, dont overeat remember your stomch is only the size of a balled fist
8. your lunch should be larger than in the evening
9.use butter instead of margarine
10. no refined sugar
11. cut back on tea, coffee and alcohol ( run away from alcohol)
12 drink lots of water but not at meal times
13. eat lots of lightly cooked vegetable

a long list but one can start by incorporating this in our diet slowly . remember our goal is to cause our digestive system to absorb nutrients optimally
Next time i will look at no 2 .
Bon chance and baby dust to us all

1 Like

Re: How To Eat Yourself Pregnant by tsquaure(f): 11:18am On Mar 24, 2015
today i will examine balancing the body ph and why it is neccessary

as able to cure. I have found that addressing an over acidic system is fundamental to bringing the body back to vitality. As you will see it is key to balancing all other systems.

1. Digestive System - Most digestive disorders, such as indigestion, nausea, bloating, gastric reflux, are symptoms caused by excess acid in the gastric region and not enough alkaline minerals in the intestinal tract. If the alkaline minerals from enzyme rich foods are missing then the pancreas will become exhausted, and once the pancreas is exhausted, it loses the ability to decode the food and tell the body what to do with it hence hinder reproduction . This will lead to a degenerative spiral of entropy where organs become confused and inflamed.

2. Immune System - Acidic environments are breeding grounds for anaerobic pathogens whereas the high levels hydrogen of rich body fluids keep bad bacteria inactive. As the great scientist, Antoine Béchamp famously observed 'The germ is nothing, the terrain is everything.' Whether bad bacteria and pathogens incubate or remain dormant, all depends on the ratio of cellular pH. The germ theory is a narrow view that has been adopted by the current medical establishment, which conveniently relies on a profitable cut, burn, and poison approach to sickness. Surgery, radiation, and pharmaceutical drugs are an invasive approach that is ineffective because they works against the body's natural functions to heal itself, and it fails to address the underlying cause and only treats the symptoms . excess acid causing growth of yeast in the body . which is may you susceptible to candida

Nervous System - Acidity weakens the nervous system by depriving it of energy. This is also known as 'devitalizing' or 'enervation'. It makes the physical, mental, and emotional body weak.

Excretory System - This is also known as the urinary system. It is made up of multiple organs, the main one being the kidneys. The kidneys perform the task of filtering fluids and purifying our blood. If the body is overwhelmed by excess acids, compensatory mechanisms spring into action, one of them is the pulling of alkaline minerals from your bones and dumping them in the blood. If this occurs frequently enough, the minerals build up in the kidneys in the form of painful kidney stones.

Reproductive System - Still much research is being done to discover the exact link between sexual dysfunction and acidity and also infertility and acidity. Many health experts that claim acidity is correlated with three different disorders in reproductive health:

1. Decreases male and female arousal.

2. Decreases sexual enjoyment and particularly female satisfaction/climax.

3. Decreases fertility and increases the tendency to miscarry.

check out a practical guide to help you effectively regulate your pH and thereby produce lasting transformation in your health
Re: How To Eat Yourself Pregnant by tsquaure(f): 11:42am On Mar 24, 2015
Good & Fast ways to correct body Ph

Top 3 Ways to Support pH Balance
1. Start your day with a tall glass of lemon water and stay hydrated. Drink lots of water

While lemons are acidic in their natural form, lemon water is alkaline-forming in the body. Drench your cells in alkalinity each morning with two cups of lukewarm, filtered water with ¼ fresh-squeezed lemon. Yes, there are fancy (and expensive) water ionizers out there, but you can also alkalize your water by simply adding lemon. This citrus-powered daily habit helps to cleanse your digestive system, ignite your metabolism, and neutralizes excess acids. Staying hydrated is key for cleansing your system, boosting your energy, helping your immune system work at its best, and avoiding the accumulation of acid waste.
2. Eat more raw foods and drink green juices and smoothies.

Organic green juice, green juice, green juice and green smoothies! And mentioned above, leafy greens, wheatgrass, veggies, sprouts, certain fruits, nuts and seeds, certain grains and seaweeds flood our bodies with vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll, phytonutrients, and oxygen. They can help alkalize our body. Unhealthy cells (like cancer cells) or viruses, bacteria and other nasty microorganisms hate oxygen. They prefer an acidic diet high in animal products, processed eg margrine and refined foods eg coke , and synthetic chemicals.
3. Exercise, manage stress, sleep better, and avoid nasty chemicals and cigarette.

It’s not just diet that affects your pH. Lack of exercise and an overage of anger, drugs, cigarette, and stress can create inflammation and acidity in the body. Stress isn’t a laughing matter or a badge of courage. The work-hard, play-hard, deal-with-it-later approach is a big pH no-no. Emotional stress releases acid-forming hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline that flood your system and muck up your soil ( fertility). Whether it’s through more yoga, cat naps, meditation, breathing exercises, strolls in the woods, or stress management counseling, reducing the negativity in your day-to-day is a powerful way to improve your cellular health

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chocolate Cake Ingredients And Recipe / Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) / Big Cooking Pot For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.