Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,762 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? (3737 Views)

19 Years Oldboy Flees After Using Axe To Hit His Grandfather To Death In Delta / Wife, Children Accused Of Hacking Husband To Death / Six Wives Raped Their Husband To Death In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by TaniCarr(f): 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2006
I know people have different opinions on this issue.I don't think it's ever o.k. but some people feel that it is what do you think?
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by enitank777(m): 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2006
its not manlike to hit a woman
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by enitank777(m): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2006
can one hit himselfd n be happy
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by iice(f): 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2006
For me its not ok
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Ugwumba(m): 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2006
NEVER - and I do not care what other opinions are out there tongue

In civilized society it is unlawful, so there!!!
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by TaniCarr(f): 6:40am On Aug 30, 2006
Whenn you say "civilized" do you think that those who may say that it's "culture" are uncivil?
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by ZuluNation(m): 6:43am On Aug 30, 2006
TaniCarr:

Whenn you say "civilized" do you think that those who may say that it's "culture" are uncivil?

What part of Dallas you at? North, South, Irving, West, Webb Chapel,
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by TaniCarr(f): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2006
I'm in North Dallas.You know 635 and skillman area?
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Ugwumba(m): 9:50am On Aug 30, 2006
@ TaniCarr, anyone that hits a woman (not even his woman) is a primitive (read, cave man) b*st**rd. 'uncivil' is too light. LOL.
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Ibukun2(f): 10:16am On Aug 30, 2006
I think that anybody who hits another person no matter if wife, child, friend or whatever, is proving in that moment that he or she is not able to argue with his mind but only with physical power and thats a big sign of intellectual weakness and primitivity.
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by TaniCarr(f): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2006
How can you compare hitting your wife to hitting your child?So you don't believe in deciplining your children with a rod?
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Seun(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2006
Children are human beings and your wife is also a human being.

I do not believe in using violence on human beings unless they have been violent themselves.

Only if a senior child hits a junior child would I even consider hitting him/her.

Continued at best way to punish kids.
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Ibukun2(f): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2006
I totally agree with you Seun.

@TaniCarr
And of course it depends on the situation and on my child. I remember I used to get a dirrty slap from my mom when I was badly naughty and I know that she had talked to me about that a few times before but I never listened, so I'm not angry for those slaps and they don't hurt my anymore (I mean emotionally) but I have also seen people who beat their wife or children for no justified reason, only because they are impatient or frustrated. So,those people am I talking about when I say that they are intellectually weak and primitive. Not about a mother who wants to give her child a little shock by a harmless slap, and it's important that you have tried to talk to your child before you use that method and that you later explain why you had to use physical power on him or her.
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by GNature(m): 12:41am On Sep 01, 2006
@ibukun - good point wink

It is never okay for a man to hit a woman (or vice versa) period. Whatever the
dispute is can be resolved without resorting to physical abuse. I do admit that
sometimes it can be easier said than done, but that doesn't make it right.

We as individuals need to learn how to remain self-controlled (i.e. retain our composure)
rather than hitting on one another at the slightest disagreement/dispute.
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by mamaput(f): 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2006
Never not even your dog.
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by kiki(f): 12:02am On Sep 02, 2006
Never evr or ur ass is goin to jail xcept its a woman dat i don't know dumb but me i'm gon turn dat nigga in to d police
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 02, 2006
@ Kiki, pls learn the rules of decent language!

Back to the topic.
I grew up with a most important lesson; the best way to destroy the self confidence of a child or wife is to constantly hit, degrade and humiliate him/her!

When those kids grow up, dont ask questions such as; why are my children not close to me? Why are they unusually shy? Why dont they like visiting home?
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by lauryn(f): 2:37am On Sep 02, 2006
true!. it is NEVER ok to hit ur husband, same goes to the ladies, dont EVER hit ur husband
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by kiki(f): 6:04am On Sep 02, 2006
decent language who d hell are u to tell me wat is decent or not, Boy plzzzzzzz u ain't my dad so u ain't got no rite to tell me nothin so maybe all u need 2 do is sit ur lil ass over there and shut d Bleep up cos ur ass is pissin me off
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2006
kiki:

decent language who d hell are u to tell me what is decent or not, Boy plzzzzzzz u ain't my dad so u ain't got no rite to tell me nothin so maybe all u need 2 do is sit your lil ass over there and shut d Bleep up because your ass is pissin me off

If i were you, i'd be ashamed of this write-up, to sound American is not by force, believe me most born and bred in Americans speak a nd write decent English!
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Ibukun2(f): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2006
[/quote]If i were you, i'd be ashamed of this write-up, to sound American is not by force, believe me most born and bred in Americans speak a nd write decent English![quote]

Good talk Davidylan!!!
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by kiki(f): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2006
Ibukun u agree with him tooooooooooo y is yall on me i wanna know did i take ur bf or wat cos i don't get it
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Ibukun2(f): 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2006
@Kiki
Please girl, for God's sake, speak wisely! What does your indecent and vulgar language have to do with my boyfriend
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by kiki(f): 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2006
i don't know i'm just tryna find out y u won't mind ur own bizznes and reply d topic instead of u been all up in mine so i'm just wondering wat i did cos d way i talk or write is d way i feel at dat moment and i don't think its none of ur bizzness
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Ibukun2(f): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2006
it's like you no fit understand when people try to give you good advise. Just calm down and take a good advise when you get it. but anyway u are right, cause u and ur talk are really not my business. Thanks God for that!!
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by kiki(f): 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2006
good advice i never remembered comin 2 u and axin u 4 an advice and if u know me u 'll av known i don't talk like dat well i tot nairaland is a place where u can xpress ur feelings d way u feel it and not tryin to motivate it to meet someppls standard well i guess i was wrong cos there r some ppl here who won't mind there own bizz ness and it sure ain't ur bizzness cos dats d way i felt wen i was gon type it and i ain't got to motivate it to meet u nor davids standard
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Ibukun2(f): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2006
Ok kiki, now calm down and go ahead the way u like. I'm not feeling for useless arguments. U have your opinion, I have mine. U don't have to agree with everyone, neither do I. Anyway, if you can remember, I was just quotin David and telling him that I liked his words, I wasn't offending you, you just felt offended and started to hit back on me. But whatever!
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Eurphoria(f): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2006
Back to THREAD smiley

It is never ok to hit your wife or for a woman to hit her husband. End of!
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Mcjones(f): 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2006
I dont think it is ever ok for a boyfriend or husband to hit his girl or Wife. Infact I think this Idea shouldn't even come up.
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by kiki(f): 5:24pm On Sep 02, 2006
u know wat Ibukun gurl this ain't even worth it so we kool?
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by Ibukun2(f): 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2006
of course we cool wink
Re: When Is It Ok For A Boyfriend Of Husband To Hit His Wife? by kiki(f): 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2006
k gurl

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Side Chick Disgraces Abuja Pastor Who Allegedly Impregnated Her (video) / Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. / Yahoo Boy Cries "I Have Only 30 Years To Spend 80 Billion Naira"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.