Stats: 3,155,523 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees (1360 Views)

Best Rap Song In Nigeria ✘✘ / The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix / Which Rap Album Has The Best Intro? (2) (3) (4)

Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by HorneyChic(f): 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2009
Best Rap Album
(For albums containing 51% or more playing time of VOCAL tracks.)

American Gangster
Jay-Z
[Roc-A-Fella]

Tha Carter III
Lil Wayne
[Cash Money/Universal Motown]

The Cool
Lupe Fiasco
[1st & 15th/Atlantic]

Nas
Nas
[Def Jam]

Paper Trail
T.I.
[Grand Hustle/Atlantic]

Does Jay-Z deserve a nomination? I dont think so. Clearly the winner should be Nas.
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by Sauron1: 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2009
Lil Wayne should win this becuz of his EFFORT.
Jigga n Nas should give up and RETIRE.
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by nasara(m): 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2009
dude dat award should go to NAS most definitely cos he has the finest rap album wit tracks like we're alone and yes we can NAS should xpect nothing less than the award
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by HorneyChic(f): 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2009
@ Nasara
I feel u man.
Untitled is one of Nas best. Tracks like Hero, Fried Chicken and Ni**er shows that Nas still has it in him. Wayne is good, but Jigger got it wrong with his last effort and really does't deserve a nomination
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by tosinaded(m): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2009
we dnt need a soothsayer to tell us its goint to lilwayne grin
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by rockyfela(m): 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2009
lil wayne wd win it but to me the best album is PAPER TRAIL by T.I. I have all the above albums but paper trail was a complete album.
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by A40(m): 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2009
This is about the hottest Rap album category i have seen for years there is no sleeper in this bunch not even the hugely under-rated Lupe Fiasco

Paper Trail and Tha Carter III are obvious favorites but looking at everything its Weezy's year in my opinion so he would win that award

American Gangster was a dope album it had to be on that list,Lil Wayne would only edge it because his album had more commercial success the folks at the Grammy's are suckas for that
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2009
In the grammys, the best don't always take it. All the albums are good. Wayne will pick it but i think Nas album is still the best lyrically. Unfortunately, lyrically may not be enough.
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by darequam(m): 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2009
Guys , have u all forgotten that hiphop is dead, the award sure goes to lil wayne, mr mumble-jumble . He's album is the most successful which is why he'l be given. This issue aint about who does rap better its about the success, and if people are to vote then lil will certainly win.
Don't u think they 4got to put mode's paradigm shift. Lol
but to be serious, those guys only consider em selves and not the world. Mode should atleast get a grammy performance.
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by HorneyChic(f): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2009
Guys , have u all forgotten that hiphop is dead, the award sure goes to little wayne, mr mumble-jumble . He's album is the most successful which is why he'l be given. This issue aint about who does rap better its about the success, and if people are to vote then little will certainly win.
Don't u think they 4got to put mode's paradigm shift. Lol
but to be serious, those guys only consider em selves and not the world. Mode should atleast get a grammy performance.
Hip hop is truly dead. Wayne is hot right now, but he doesn't make the best three on that list.
Mode who? If its mode9, then the guy is a joke. Weakest rapper in naija. Just my opinion. And why the tripple post
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by darequam(m): 3:06am On Jan 10, 2009
Yes u got ma point hiphop is dead, lil wayne wins.
Guy no talk that O, do u think Eminem snoopdog or Dre would be on sit and mistakenly digest the lyrics of d likes of Rugged, Mode and M.I and wouldn't invite them later for dinner? Those guys are terribly good and i tell u we av few rapstrs in US now that can do d stuff they do. The only advantage they av is dat its more easier to use the words cus its their language, while we learn it here.
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by chrisical(m): 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2009
the carter iii surely will win because it had commercial success. It even got nominated for album of the year
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by bgees(m): 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2009
if only real hiphop would prevail, NaS would win. but it will not. the whole world seems to be thrilled with l il wayne's wankfest.
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2009
Tha Carter III snatches the award as predicted by most respondents
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by A40(m): 2:54am On Feb 10, 2009
I wouldn't be suprised if "Bust it Baby" by Plies wins best Rap song in next year's grammies Hip Hop is in ICU right now

Not suprised Tha Carter 3 won the best rap album
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by disease(m): 10:27am On Feb 12, 2009
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III may have won the best Rap Album category but to me the best rap album is T.I.'s Paper Trail.
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 13, 2009
Nah, the best rap album should have been UNTITLED - NAS
Re: Grammy: Best Rap Album Nominees by eldee(m): 10:21am On Feb 13, 2009
Lil Wayne brought sumn hiphop has been missing for years . . . INNOVATION!!!
This dude gave hiphop a CPR. In a period when rappers bored the listeners Weezy stepped up to become the face of hiphop to the outside world.

He might not be rap's best lyricist but he's one of the few reasons why hiphop is still being nominated for album of the year at the Grammys.

Billboard says 70% of hiphop listeners are white, bad as it may sound. . . they're the ones paying the piper. And Weezy's most def hitting those tunes. So why shouldn't he get his Grammy?

Ndoli Ndoli Part 2 Video / Jazz Piano Lectures At The Music Academy / Nigeria Latest Music