Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving (9343 Views)

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by Dominionng(m): 10:56am On Mar 05, 2015
At ma hood, we don't dodge potholes, we choose which one to enter cause they are everywhere... How does these tips count?
Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by oneda(m): 10:56am On Mar 05, 2015
Loyalblak007:
[size=60pt]WE KNOW ALREADY[/size]

Those that died know too
Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by mmsen: 11:01am On Mar 05, 2015
5p1naz:
if you drive outside Nigeria, it is then you will realise Nigerian driving is just straightup abnormal. especially Lagos. The way those "danfos" cross you in traffic OMG ...
worst part is that slogan "if you can't drive in Lagos, you can't drive anywhere else" hian...

Go out and see how normal people drive

You mean like the Russians? Who drive on the sidewalks, forcing pedestrians out of the way?

Or the Arabs who will rush into crossing pedestrians with no consideration?

Or the Indians who seemingly cannot control a vehicle? Swerving from lane to lane with no regard and for no apparent reason.

Or the Chinese who ride drunk at will?
Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by Gbemini(m): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2015
That is why you no get sense. see your reply to good trending.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by Gbemini(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2015
dridowu:
Ikenna351 , chelseabmw , pafestula , pls u guys should do the needful by moving to appropriate section and front page
That is why you no get sense. see your reply to good trending.
Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by Nitefury: 11:18am On Mar 05, 2015
Amsonme:
abuja to jos opel drivers there own na die

Opel Vectra... Those dudes are something else.. Coming from Kaduna, one chased me until i freaked out and let him go.
Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by hedonistic: 11:20am On Mar 05, 2015
Good one. Very helpful, as more drivers need to be aware of these tips... I would also add ANTICIPATE at all times - anticipate that the other driver, okada rider, tricycle rider or whoever might make a wrong turn or attempt a poorly executed overtake. Always slow down and anticipate when you are accessing a bend - even if you are on your right lane. One Abokki okada man or crazy danfo driver might be spending down the left towards you on that bend and boom, e don happen.

Anticipate the worst by other drivers. You only have 50% in your hands, the other 50% is in the hands of other drivers who you cannot vouch for, so overconfidence of any sort can be suicidal.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by IVORY2009(m): 11:21am On Mar 05, 2015
deemdeem:
Info that saves lives.
Kudos FRSC.

Good comment (10 like)
Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by dridowu: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2015
Gbemini:
That is why you no get sense. see your reply to good trending.
Clap for yourself and send my greetings to those that brought you up in this manner.
See ya
Catch ya
Later
Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by eminikansoso(m): 11:37am On Mar 05, 2015
very good tips
but those officers at onitsha bridge head in onitsha are most corrupt officers among the FRSC officers in nigeria. What they are interested are their pockets on private drivers but those commercial drivers especially those Asaba-Onitsha commercial drivers, they cause serious traffic jams inside the Niger bridge at onitsha.
Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
I play chess a lot. One thing I've discovered is that chess helps me to predict and plan ahead while driving.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by Infomizer(m): 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2015
Lack of confidence nearly finished the driver that took me to Kogi on my last trip from Mangoro. The guy na learner and the motor park Union still allowed him. Twas a fellow passenger that completed the journey after we had survived for a couple of hours.

Heads up: he drives a blue Kia Carnival. Fellow Mangoro-park-Kogi(Idah)-travelers, avoid that guy!!! For now!!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by 9icetoo(m): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
Infomizer:
Lack of confidence nearly finished the driver that took me to Kogi on my last trip from Mangoro. The guy na learner and the motor park Union still allowed him. Twas a fellow passenger that completed the journey after we had survived for a couple of hours.

Heads up: he drives a blue Kia Carnival. Fellow Mangoro-park-Kogi(Idah)-travelers, avoid that guy!!! For now!!
You should report this matter to FRSC. His licence should be withdrawn. Not everyone reads nairaland.
Re: FRSC Message About Overconfidence While Driving by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
9icetoo:

You should report this matter to FRSC. His licence should be withdrawn. Not everyone reads nairaland.

you really believe he has a license? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Removing The Thermostat Of A Car Affect Fuel Consuption / Cars With Good Resale Value / Lagos BRT Vs Abuja El-Rufia Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.